barte188

• Commented on Medievalists: Week 9, Question 2 - Conclusion
    Portolan Charts are their own being when it comes to geographers in the Middle Ages. Ancient philosophers and geographers like Ptolmey’s, Strabo, Pytheas, etc. are the foundation of what a majority of the medieval geographers used, but not the geographers...
  • Commented on Medievalists: Week 9, Question 1 - Hook
    So, we all like history here. Why else would you be on this site? Why would you be looking at this page? BECAUSE YOU LIKE IT. Admit it- even if you’re looking at this page because you need to research...
  • Commented on Medievalists - Week 8, Question 1
    If the Bell Library does host our final project, then we could get a very wide audience that might include faculty members, students, or even a general audience outside of the university that like viewing the Bell Library page for...
  • Commented on Medievalists: Week 7 Question 2 - Connections
    We can analyze the development of the different maps through the ages and how they connect to one another. So, we can see how the Ptolmey map was influenced by Strabo and Herodotus’ maps, and we can visually see the...
  • Commented on Medievalists: Week 7 Question 1 - Available Technology
    I can see the appeal of using Mashupforge for our project. We can upload images and create layered maps for our final digital product. I believe that with the way our research is going though, a program like Timeline JS...
  • Commented on Medievalists: Week 6 Question 2 - More Geographers
    The Carte Pisane is the oldest depiction of a Portolan chart, dated to about 1290. The geographer is unknown, but it is believed that the Carte Pisane was made during several voyages around the Mediterranean Sea and the European coast...
  • Commented on Medievalists: Week 6 Question 1 - Encyclopedia Entry
    Not a lot is known of Petrus Roselli and Albino de Canepa. Their portolan charts from 1466 and 1489 is what made them famous. Roselli’s portolan chart was made in 1466 in Majorca (an island in the Mediterranean by Spain),...
  • Commented on Medievalists: Week 5 Post 2
    http://timeline.knightlab.com/ seems like a really good product that everyone can use. IT EVEN GIVES US INSTRUCTIONS- easy to understand instructions, which is really nice. I'm not that tech-savvy, so having easy to read instructions with picture examples is super-duper...
  • Commented on Medievalists: Week 5 Post 1
    Campbell, Tony “Portolan Charts from the Late Thirteenth Century to 1500” In The History of Cartography. Volume 2, Book 1. Chicago: Chicago University Press, 1992. The Roselli and Canepa portolan charts were part of an evolution in map making. Portolan...
  • Commented on Medievalists: Week 4 Question 2 - Bias
    With viewing the Roselli and Canepa portolan charts, there is a lot of bias pertaining to Scandinavia, and the Baltic/North Sea area in general. The Danish coast (which is connected to the North Sea on the western coast and Baltic...
  • Commented on Medievalists: Week 3 Question 2 - Annotated Bibliography
    The book I received was Society and Politics in Snorri Sturluson’s Heimskringla by Sverre Bagge. It was published by the University of California in 1991. Bagge thoroughly analyzes Heimskringla by looking at Snorri as a historian, comparing the politics of...
  • Commented on Medievalists: Week 3 Question 1 - Narrowing
    After today's quick group discussion and with the visit to the Bell Library with Professor Ragnow on Friday, my interests were peaked in figuring out "why was Scandinavia ignored?" during the late 8th Century- 13th Century (the time frame we...
  • Commented on Medievalists: Week 2 Question 2 - Mediums
    I believed that ZeeMaps was a really good medium to use for our project. After our discussion in class today, though, I’m hoping that ZeeMaps would still be useful. Not everything is concrete just yet. We still have time for...
  • Commented on Medievalists: Week 2 Question 1 - Sources
    As a group, we decided to branch off and do our own research for the time being. On my own, I have started to gather information about how the Vikings traded, where they traded and with whom. I have been...
  • Posted Medieval Consensus to "How To Do History" Blog
    As a group, we have reached a pretty good theme, topic and type of project. We will be looking at the Vikings and their impact on the world from about 800-1200 CE. We will be focusing on the Vikings and...
  • Commented on Medievalists: Test Post
    it works!...
  • Posted In all Honesty to PSY 1001 Section 02-03 Spring 2012
    IIn all honesty, I really won't remember most of what we covered this semester because it's not in my major, and I won't remember specific sections or specific concepts. I will remember little snip-its, though. This class hasn't been at...
  • Posted The glucostatic theory is real! to PSY 1001 Section 02-03 Spring 2012
    Campfield (et al. 1996) and van Litalie (1990) have developed a theory promptly titled the "glucostatic theory". This theory states that, "when our blood glucose levels drop, hunger creates a drive to eat to restore the proper level of glucose"....
  • Posted The Glucostatic Theory is real! to Glucostatic theory!
  • Posted Street Art to PSY 1001 Section 02-03 Spring 2012
    Ever come across a 3-D work of art on the sidewalk?Does it ever take you by surprise? It's because those chalk works mess with one's depth perception. Take the work "The Dungeon" (picture at the bottom of this paragraph) for...
  • Posted 3-D Street Art to Street Art
  • Posted People are Variables (Ch.2) to People are variables (Ch.2)
    Research Guidelines used for Psychology is the same thing as the scientific method; instead of obtaining results using beakers and test tubes during an experiment, professionals in Psychology conduct experiments and polls solely on the behavior and manner of...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from barte188