parso218

• Posted Let's Get Down to Studying to PSY 1001 Section 02-03 Spring 2012
    Psychology is present in our lives whether we like it or not. Rather than ignore this fact, I decided to make good use of psychology this year in college. One of the major things that I struggled with on...
  • Commented on The Hunger Games
    I find this post extremely interesting. Millions of kids all over the world have watched violent films such as Harry Potter and the Hunger Games, and I believe these will definitely affect their actions. I remember being young and...
  • Commented on You-Know-Who
    This is a great assessment of Voldemort using the OCEAN traits. I think it is so interesting that the traits are even applicable to fictional characters from books, and that it is quite easy for people to assign the traits...
  • Commented on "I'm sure that line 1 is the right answer, but everyone else is saying it's line 3... I'll go with 3"
    I definitely agree with this blog post. I have noticed conformity, similar to that of the Asch study, throughout high school and even into college. Even I have taken part in conforming to the thoughts of others. In class, everyone...
  • Commented on The Dangers of the Bystander Effect
    I found this video to be absolutely horrifying. I personally don’t want to believe that in a large crowd the bystander effect will occur, but seeing the video I realize that it actually does. It makes me quite angry that...
  • Posted White, Skinny, and Big Eyed to PSY 1001 Section 02-03 Spring 2012
    Looking around on the Internet, I see a number of differences in what is considered "beautiful" in different cultures. I the Chinese culture, for example, a woman is only considered beautiful if she is very VERY thin. Although this...
  • Commented on peek a boo
    I have had much experience with playing peek-a-boo with my cousins and my boyfriend's niece. It seems like so much fun for the child but if you try it on an older person you don't receive any laughs. The idea...
  • Commented on Boredom Made Me a Lie Dector
    I find this entry very interesting. I have always wondered how people can be human lie detectors and if this is even possible. I feel that nonverbal cues and body gestures are extremely telling when it comes to determining when...
  • Commented on Relationships, have you looked deeper into them??
    Proximity completely plays a large role in people's relationships. That’s why, I think, it is so hard for people to do long distance relationships. In order to establish a relationship you need be close to the person in order to...
  • Commented on Have Your Pep Rallies Ever Lacked?
    I definitely agree that some of our school events suffered because it was hard to think "out of the box". Once you get into a mental set, it is extremely hard to get out of, especially when you sometimes don’t...
  • Commented on Who has the best parents!
    I would definitely have to agree with you, that authoritative is the most effective, and essentially best parenting style. It combines the best of both worlds as parents set boundaries for children, but still allow them to figure some things...
  • Commented on When Emotions Trump Biology
    I think the points you have made are extremely interesting. I do believe that emotion is the most influential source of our actions. As you stated, the rhesus monkey was more influenced by the comfort that the warm surrogate mother...
  • Commented on Human Meat
    I definitely agree with the fact that this advertisement is extremely attention grabbing. The advertisers have gotten their point across that meat is not something that should be eaten. Using this profound way to attract the attention of viewers, the...
  • Commented on Nomophobia.... a real scare?
    This was a very funny post to read. Sadly I answered yes to 3 of the 4 questions in the beginning. I think a lot of nomophobia has to do with what people do on their phones and not wanting...
  • Commented on Twin Telepathy?
    I love watching this video! It's so interesting to see how people, even those as young as the kids in the video, have different ways to communicate with each other. I have known a number of sets of twins and...
  • Commented on Mariah Carey is my Biological Mother!
    This blog was a great use of how we can make false memories. I personally have realized that I have made my own false memories, such as being on a beach that my family never actually went to or doing...
  • Posted From Rats to Cats to PSY 1001 Section 02-03 Spring 2012
    From rats to cats and chimps to pigs, Michael Boxer has successfully trained over 60 different species of animals for Hollywood Cinema. Appearing in numerous movies, such as Babe 2 and The Jungle Book, these animals have displayed outstanding...
  • Commented on Sex, Penis, and Vagina
    I find this extremely interesting. It is something that is definitely relevant to high school and college students, such as myself. Students are so easily distracted by more interesting things around them that it is a good idea for a...
  • Commented on Dreams: A figment of the imagination or a visual pathway into the future?
    I too have found strange connections between my dreams and the real world. Sometimes it is difficult not to have an inkling of a thought that you can somehow predict of the future or have ESP. But although it is...
  • Commented on I don't see how I see!!
    I find this illusion as one of the more interesting ones as well. It is crazy to try to comprehend that A and B are the same shade of gray! I also looked up the Chubb illusion and found it...
  • Commented on Where Does Personality Derive From?
    I loved the reference to "Lord of the Flies". It is a great example of the nature vs. nurture debate and explains it thoroughly. I also completely agree with your view of staying the middle on this debate and saying...
  • Commented on Football, Worth it or not?
    Looking at all the facts regarding the serious injuries that can come from playing football makes me wonder whether it's really worth it. Many of the friends I grew up with played football for a large part of their lives,...
  • Posted CH. 5 Walking While Asleep....or Sleepwalking to PSY 1001 Section 02-03 Spring 2012
    When you hear the term "sleepwalker" what do you picture? Most imagine a person with eyes closed and arms stretched out, "zombie style". In reality, this image of a sleepwalking person is a myth. Sleepwalkers, or somnambulists, actually act...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from parso218