snugg012

• Posted My Study Abroad Experience with MintTwist to My Study Abroad Experience with MintTwist
    Preparing for an Adventure In May 2013, I was given the opportunity to study abroad in London. It was my first time leaving the country, so I was very excited and a little nervous. While abroad, I was to take...
  • Posted Heuristics: Mental Saviors to PSY 1001 Section 02-03 Spring 2012
    There is no doubt in my mind that I will remember many of the lessons I have learned in psychology this semester throughout the rest of my life. However, the section on thinking and reasoning, specifically the use of heuristics,...
  • Commented on Let's Get Down to Studying
    I agree that this section was helpful! I was able to learn a lot of beneficial tricks to study for exams most importantly that spreading out studying is the best way to go about it. The chapter quizzes were very...
  • Commented on College Admission Tests: What For?
    This is a good point. I agree that the ACT and SAT are not a great estimate of college performance simply because it is only one day of your life. However, I also think that colleges do need a way...
  • Commented on You-Know-Who
    This was very interesting! It is always fun to assess movie characters using the OCEAN analysis. Voldemort was a good candidate due to his distinct personality. I agree with what you rated him in all of the categories, especially your...
  • Commented on Neurotic Men
    This was very interesting! It is always fun to see where the characters of a favorite tv show would end up on the Big 5 test. It is also interesting to see if this is where you would have originally...
  • Commented on "I'm sure that line 1 is the right answer, but everyone else is saying it's line 3... I'll go with 3"
    It is crazy how much a factor conformity has on people's decisions. It is easy to think that in that situation you would not conform, but in reality you most likely would. I have found myself conforming to silly things...
  • Commented on Am I the Only One?
    This is such an interesting phenomena. It is easy to think that you would help someone that seems like they are in need if you happened to pass them. However, I have found myself many times walking by someone like...
  • Commented on A Cure for Discrimination?
    I like your point about curing discrimination. People need to be more informed about all different types of people and not jump to conclusions just beause they are unfamiliar. I do think, however that discrimination does come from people around...
  • Commented on Difference in Perception of Beauty
    I think that the difference in attraction is very interesting across cultures. It can be strange to someone that ideals of someone from another culture. I also have experienced finding someone attractive and having people around me disagree. I also...
  • Commented on Should Gay Marriage Be Legal?
    I agree that homosexuality is not a choice. I also do not believe that society should decide who is able to be married. Marriage is between two people and if they are happy with their situation that is up for...
  • Commented on The Hunger Games
    I agree that the level of violence in the movie was much tamer than was presented in the books. However, if the movie is rated PG-13 it is up to the parents' discretion if their child should see it or...
  • Commented on Is sugar a drug?
    I do not know if I agree that sugar is as addictive as cocaine. However, I do think it is possible for people to become addicted to anything if they begin to rely on it for something. I think it...
  • Commented on Who has the best parents!
    I would agree with you that authoritative is the best style. I, like you, always thought that my parents were incredibly strict until learning about parenting styles. It turns out that they were actually quite authoritarian. I think that is...
  • Commented on What is Emotional Intelligence?
    This is a very interesting point. I think that emotional intelligence is something that can be improved, however I think that some have more emotional intelligence than others naturally. Training for employees to boost emotuonal intelligence has the potential to...
  • Commented on White, Skinny, and Big Eyed
    This is a very interesting topic. I found myself finding that the more and more average a face became the more attractive it was. It is wierd to see the different ideals of beauty across cultures and although some are...
  • Posted Rapid Weightloss: Reality or Hoax? to PSY 1001 Section 02-03 Spring 2012
    Have you ever seen diet ads promising to help you lose tons of weight in barely any time? I have too. However, unlike most I do not fall for these unlikely hoaxes. In fact, if you look carefully it...
  • Commented on Bilingualism- Advantageous or no?
    I think that being billingual is a great thing and would provide many advantages in one's life. It would give people the opportunity to communciate with people of other cultures and learn more about different styles of life. In addition,...
  • Commented on To steal or not to steal
    This is a very interesting subject. It would be very hard to say whether or not I would steal in order to save someone's life, and I am not sure that anyone would ever realy know until they were put...
  • Commented on The Devastating Effects of Alzheimer's Disease
    This was very interesting. It is very strange how one can begin to forget things without a way to remember. I also cannot imagine what it would be like to have a family member suffering from this disease. I hope...
  • Commented on Nike's Reconstruction of Tiger's Image
    This commercial is very well put together. It is easy to forget all of the horrible things that he did while listening to the voice fo his father. Nike did a great job of shifting the negative focus placed on...
  • Commented on Mariah Carey is my Biological Mother!
    This is such an interesting story! It is strange how such vivid memories from our past can indeed be false. Especially things that involve our parents and others close to us. However, having someone to correct our errors for us...
  • Commented on Do You Know Who You Are?
    This is a very interesting topic. I think that having amnesia would be incredibly difficult, especially if you were unable to remember anything about yourself and where you came from. The clip was a very good example of an instance...
  • Posted Dreams: A figment of the imagination or a visual pathway into the future? to PSY 1001 Section 02-03 Spring 2012
    Like many other people have most likely experienced, I sometimes feel like I can predict the future through my dreams. Occasionally I will dream about getting an A on a test or getting a small injury, and then I...
  • Commented on Heuristics: A Bad or Good Thing?
    You make some good points. I too believe that heuristics are beneficial to us because of the fact that they do help us make sense of our world. I also think that we would not be able to handle of...
  • Commented on Football, Worth it or not?
    This is a very interesting topic Sports injuries are becoming extrememly severe these days and I believe that more precautions need to be taken in order to prevent such detrimental injuries from occuring as often as they do. It seems...
  • Commented on Bigfoot, UFOS, Ghosts, and God?
    This is a very interesting topic. It is hard to know if we will ever find evidence for such extraordinary claims. I am unsure if the evidence for something such as Bigfoot will ever be found. In my opinion such...
  • Commented on Real life "Parent Trap"
    This is very interesting! I completely agree with the fact that both nature and nurture are responsible for how someone turns out. Like you, I think that the genetic makeup of an individual has just as much impact on their...
  • Posted The Fascinating Brain to PSY 1001 Section 02-03 Spring 2012
    The brain is probably the most complicated part of our body. It is our brain that makes our entire body function and is the machine causing all of our decisions and actions. However, what many people may not know...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from snugg012