leex4811

• Posted The Concepts of Parenting Styles to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    Five years from now, I will remember many concepts from PSY 1001 because almost all the things that I have learned here applied to me as an individual. However, the concept that I have observed for a long time and...
  • Commented on Implicit Association Test
    I was going to write a blog about this test, but I felt that some sections are too weird and take time to fill it out. Looking at your response, I guess the test might be quite fun overall. Did...
  • Commented on Luck of the Draw?
    Your post is very interesting. I have a younger brother. I feel that I am more as a leader but also more as a risk taker. He is more open-minded and a peace maker. I guess individual's personality is influenced...
  • Posted Altruism: Are Your Relative's Lives More Important Than Yours? to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    Altruism is a behavior that benefit others at a cost to oneself. For humans, most altruistic acts serve to relieve distress, experience the joy when helping others, or anticipate helps from the people they helped in the future. I previously...
  • Commented on Cookie Diet
    Your post is very interesting, especially about the diet cookie. I agree that nowadays there are many products that claimed to help in dieting. Everytime I heard about this product, I always think negatively about them. Usually this type of...
  • Commented on Personality and Looks
    Your post is interesting. I agree that looks and personality are two different thing to judge a person. But most of the time, people judge a person by their looks first before even knowing him/her. Then personality came later and...
  • Commented on Detecting Lies
    I agree with your statement that lie detector could not accurately detect when people are lying and to accuse someone, there should be a valid proof. I don't believe either that lie detector should be used in solving crime cases....
  • Commented on Were you ever spanked as a kid?
    Your topic is very interesting to me. As a kid, my parents often spanked me when they wanted to teach me a lesson. I think spanking is fine, as long as it is still within limit and did not hurt...
  • Commented on How Did Your Parents Raise You?
    Your post is very interesting because sometimes it struck me how different my friends and I were raised. My parents raised me in the Authoritarian style like your friends and now, I really appreciate that I study better than most...
  • Commented on Video Game Causes Boy to Shoot his Parents
    Very interesting blogpost. You gave a very engaging example on this topic. It is always interesting for me to know if media could affect people's behaviors intensely. I agree with your opinion that the video game was a factor of...
  • Commented on The Chinese Effect and the Importance of Being Multilingual
    I think your blogpost is very interesting. You gave a lot of facts that I did not know before. I am also a multi lingual and your post gave some explanations to me on certain things....
  • Commented on A Tip $$ for Learning a Second Language
    Your blogpost is very interesting. I really like how you utilize your own experiences in writing it. I just knew from you that being bilingual affaect grammatical ability. I guess it is good to know. I am aldo bilingual and...
  • Commented on Photograph Man
    You have a very interesting approach by including a movie. I think it will be very cool if we can have longer short term memory....
  • Commented on Where the Conscious Resides
    Nice blog. I agree with you that human consciousness is a very interesting subject. It will be very engaging to learn more about the subject further....
  • Commented on False Advertisement or Brilliance?
    Nice blog! I agree with you. I think most ads nowadays are misleading. It is very impossible that only with a spray of perfume girls will be swarming all over you. On the other hand, some people, like you said,...
  • Posted Alzheimer's Disease: Still An Unknown Disorder to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    What if one day you wake up and you forget the conversation that you had during dinner the night before? What if you suddenly keep losing in a game that you mastered? What if you take longer time to perform...
  • Commented on Impossible Figures!
    Your blogpost is very interesting to read and visualize. It is very engaging to look at the pictures and try to find the "impossible" part. Nice job!...
  • Commented on Do You Hear What I Hear?
    Wow, your topic is very interesting. I think it is very sad to think that as the technology gets more innovative, people get some negative impacts. In old days, where there were no mp3 player, people hear sounds better. However,...
  • Commented on To Those Misguided Vegetarians:
    You really have a nice post in here. It seems very reliable because you included a lot of references. It is a very controversial topic to think about. On one side, there are negative impacts of being a nonvegetarian, however,...
  • Commented on Born a Champion or Become a Champion?
    You have an engaging argument in here. I agree with you that people should not give up to try because they think they don't have a "gene" for being a champion. I feel that champions gain their successes by working...
  • Commented on Are YOU an Olympic Athlete?
    Your example for Nature vs. Nurture concept is very interesting. In my opinion, I think the successes that an athlete gains are from their hardworks. I feel that gene might only have a slight influence. Overall, great post!...
  • Commented on Man on the Moon
    Your post is really catchy with attractive pictures. Moreover, your blog title made me want to read your post and I am very interested while reading it. What I like the most from your blog is the creative examples that...
  • Commented on Quit the Fast Food, Hit the Gym
    I like how you link obesity with the Nature vs. Nurture concept. I also agree with your last statement that all individuals can fight obesity even though, some have the bad genes. I recognized most of the obese people could...
  • Commented on Alcoholic: Born or Raised an Addict?
    I like how you choose alcoholism as an example of Nature vs. Nurture concept. It is a very engaging post. In my opinion, I feel that alcoholism behavior is developed from environmental factor. I feel that this behavior is not...
  • Commented on Sexuality: Nature vs. Nurture
    Your blog topic is very engaging. It is interesting because it is hard to tell if sexuality is affected by mailny gene or environmental factors. In my opinion, most of the cases of homosexuality are genetic. I feel that homosexual...
  • Commented on Luckily, Mom Isn't Always Right...
    Your post is very interesting! I agree that eating habit and the consequences of bad eating habit vary from person to person. I have a friend who is very skinny. She eats a lot and often at night right before...
  • Posted From Numbers to Behavior to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    Research design is a fundamental basis of many studies, including psychology. Chapter 2 mainly talks about the needs, different types, and arising issues of research designs in the field of psychology. In addition, at the end of the chapter, the...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from leex4811