chan0896

• Posted You have one chance for a First Impression...or do you? to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    How great would it be to have an unlimited amount of first dates? Sounds ideal, huh? Watch the movie 50 First Dates and you'll soon realize that this isn't quite as hyped up as it sounds. In this movie, Drew...
  • Commented on Sexuality: Nature vs. Nurture
    One thing I think people who conduct studies on sexuality often neglect is that these things are personal preference. People have the right to fall for anyone and like anything. Personally, I don't really like to think of this topic...
  • Commented on Luckily, Mom Isn't Always Right...
    I can completely relate since I'm an American-born Chinese. I agree most with the article about eating the right thing at the right time, though the question is what really is the right time? And eating right is important for...
  • Posted Smile and the World will Smile Back! to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    After watching the animated movie Monster House, I started seeing houses as giant faces. After watching American Express' "Don't Take Chances" commercial, it is pointed out to us that we are surrounded by smiley faces everyday! What I found really...
  • Posted Assignment #6 - Samantha Chan to Section 26 F11 Psy 1001
    Five years from now, I know that I won't remember most of the classes I've taken or even most of the things I've learned in these classes. What I will remember are the things that really affected the way I...
  • Posted Assignment#5 - Samantha Chan to Section 26 F11 Psy 1001
    A slap of the wrist, a pull of the hair. Growing up in my family, there was no such thing as hitting or whipping when something wrong was done. When I speak to my peers, I hear stories that involve...
  • Posted Assignment #4 - Samantha Chan to Section 26 F11 Psy 1001
    Sleep: Researchers say that the average person needs approximately 8-9 hours of sleep a night. On average, a college student probably gets anywhere from 4-6 hours of sleep, if that. According to CNN's article on sleep deprivation, lack of sleep...
  • Posted Assignment #3 - Samantha Chan to Section 26 F11 Psy 1001
    When you get sick, it is a natural instinct to search the medicine cabinet for some sort of remedy that will make you feel better. I would normally reach for a dose of Tylenol or Nyquil, depending on how bad...
  • Posted Assignment #1 - Samantha Chan to Section 26 F11 Psy 1001
    The placebo effect is where one finds a reaction to something that should have no result, our minds just make us believe that there was a result. In this article provided by ABC News, they found that there have been...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from chan0896