and02471

• Commented on Something i will remember in 5 years
    Yeah, I agree that this unit was super interesting. I really enjoyed learning about it. I can't believe your brother's employer made him take an IQ test! I did not think companies would actually do that -- wow! So surprising!...
  • Commented on Mint, Dwight?
    I totally thought of this clip when we were learning this unit! I did not even know about this Pavlovian concept until I watched this clip, actually. It's cool to see how "life-applicable" this Psych course is -- they are...
  • Commented on How much would you conform?
    Hahah, I'm in a library right now and YES! I do conform to silence, because that is what is expected here. I even feel a little bad about typing too loudly, or sneezing because everybody else is being so quiet!...
  • Commented on Being Strict isn't Always the Trick
    Clever title! That, along with your pictures really made me want to read your post. I think that the way we are raised and parented has a bigger effect on the people we become than most people think. My parents...
  • Commented on Mirror Images!
    This is such an interesting topic, isn't it?? Looking back on my own interests, it makes sense that the reason I like the things I do is because I've been exposed to them so much!...
  • Commented on Personality and Looks
    I totally agree! While looks are nice, I would much rather have a guy with a great personality than a guy who is super attractive. Sometimes, if you're lucky, you'll find somebody who is both attractive and has a great...
  • Commented on Things I Will Never Forget
    I wrote my blog on practically the same thing! I agree that child psych is such an interesting concept, especially as you learn how their brains develop. Also, CONGRATULATIONS! How exciting! I can't wait until I have children one day...
  • Posted What I will still remember... to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    In five years from now, I will probably remember many general concepts from this Psych 1001 course. The things I will probably remember the best, however, are the things we learned about child psych and their development and behavior. The...
  • Commented on No one has the right to play GOD!!
    I agree that this is definitely an issue of concern. Obviously there is a desire for more knowledge about the importance of genes and how they may affect our lifestyles or even the people that we are. However, we do...
  • Commented on Luck of the Draw?
    My family totally fits this mold. My older sister is definitely very driven and a natural leader. I am much more of a peacemaker. My little sister is also more open to new experiences and a little bit more of...
  • Posted Is Beauty Universally Defined? to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    According to this article... "Beauty: Culture-Specific or Universally Defined?" in some aspects, NO, but in some aspects, YES. For example, most Americans would not find large lip plates very attractive, but in Ethiopia, this is a very beautiful look for...
  • Commented on Calculating your Happiness with a Formula
    This is very interesting, and definitely a topic I feel like a lot of people write about - happiness. It seems strange, however, that they really put this idea of "happiness" into an equation. The S part of the equation...
  • Commented on The Lie Detectors Keep Lying
    I'm actually not too surprised by the fact that children start lying that early. Growing up, I've seen it in my little sister and my younger cousins. I would even say that children don't need to learn to lie from...
  • Commented on 50 First Dates Though?
    Yes, I love how you related a movie that so many people love to a topic we learned about it class. I can't image being on either end of this scary scenario. How awful would it be to wake up...
  • Commented on A Tip $$ for Learning a Second Language
    It's so cool how you could teach yourself Thai! Especially after already knowing English and Hmong. Wow. That's impressive. But it is also cool that being bilingual made it easier for you to pick up on Thai quicker. I've heard...
  • Commented on Difficult Decision? I Think Not...
    I feel like this totally happens all the time and we're not even aware of it! Of course we want beautiful teeth like the woman in the Crest ad, but if someone were to ask why we bought the Crest,...
  • Commented on Does Life Not Begin Until We Are 18-24 Months?
    I always stand in front of mirrors with my baby cousins or with kids I'm babysitting. They always smile and wave, but I guess I never realized that they had no idea it was themselves that they were seeing! Though...
  • Posted Psychology in Ads Even in the 1920s! to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    ***GO TO THE LINK BELOW TO WATCH A QUICK VIDEO ADVERTISEMENT*** http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVuwREbGh3w This is an example of an advertisement from the 1920s where Classical Pavlovian Conditioning is found. In this anti-alcohol ad, the unconditioned stimulus is the warning about...
  • Commented on A Greater Power Lies Together Rather Than Alone
    ha! I like your title for this. This is really interesting, and actually makes a lot of sense. I wonder what more we can specifically learn from this discovery....
  • Commented on Impossible Figures!
    I remember seeing pictures like these in magazines or on the back of cereal boxes when I was younger and always being so amazed and confused about how pictures like these work. Thanks for providing so many examples to look...
  • Commented on Luckily, Mom Isn't Always Right...
    I really like how wrote about something that you could relate to, especially because it applies to several other people as well. I think it's so interesting how our parents values and ideas about issues even about this like eating...
  • Commented on Minnesota Nice or Minnesota Ice?
    Cool! I wonder what causes this! Is it the weather? Simply the culture of the people residing in these areas? I'm sure there are several factors. Very interesting find....
  • Commented on Born a Champion or Become a Champion?
    I really like that you used this as an application to the nature vs. nurture debate because it is so relevant to so many people. I've known plenty of athletes who do not necessarily have the "best genes" for the...
  • Posted Baby 'Little Albert' Experiment - How Unethical! to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    One really important topic covered in chapter two is the idea of conducting research in an ethical way. Research can almost always be considered a good thing because it results in knowledge. However, there are both good and bad methods...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from and02471