carpe380

• Commented on Mirror Images!
    I find that the exposure effect applies the most to me when i watch movies. Movies that i might have seen when i was younger and hated sometimes are a lot better once I've seen them more the once. For...
  • Commented on Five Years from Today
    I can relate with this post as well. However, I feel like children strive to be the opposite of what their parents have as a parenting strategy. I'll bet that because you're thinking about how you want to parent your...
  • Commented on What I'm Taking With Me
    My feelings exactly. I definitely use the six principles of critical thinking when i read and watch the news. However, I think the extraordinary claims principle is one of the most important principle to use when applying to the outside...
  • Commented on Panic disorder
    I can't imagine what that would feel like to have a panic attack. Did you suddenly wake up into the attack or were you awake doing homework or studying? Somehow I feel like that statistic for panic attacks is pretty...
  • Posted The most memorable from Psych to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    From what I heard from my friends about psych, I expected it to be a hard class with material that wasn't interesting and tests that were impossible to do well on. However, neither of those things were true. Psych tests...
  • Posted A Changing Society to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    As America has developed as a country, especially in the last 50 years, the idea of the family has constantly been changing. From the typical two children household with a working father and a stay-at-home housewife in the 50's...
  • Posted Man on the Moon to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    Have you ever seen a cloud that looks like an animal? What about that grilled cheese that looked like jesus? Both of those are examples of pareidolia, which occurs when the brain takes meaningless images and turns them into...
  • Posted Smiles around the World to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    Around the world each culture has developed its own gestures. For example, the hand sign that is used to say OK in the United States means asshole in other countries and in the Middle East showing the bottom of your...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from carpe380