ditty008

• Posted Mental Illness Awareness to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    One of the topics that will absolutely stick with me when I leave Psychology is the unit on Mental Illnesses. It is frightening to me that most develop when people are in their young adult stage, which is what I...
  • Commented on In Five Years I Will Remember...
    The six principles are probably one of the most important take aways from this course. This is probably why we keep seeing them in every section of our book! I find myself looking at other aspects of my world with...
  • Commented on Is Your Personality Affected By Your Birth Order?
    I am always fascinated by this topic, because I have three kids in my family, so it is cool to see how the stereotypes of birth order hold up for us! In my case, I think that our family is...
  • Commented on Long Lasting Sleep
    I totally agree with your blog! Since most college kids are pretty sleep deprived, I think most of us find it pretty interesting. While taking this class, I have found that I am much more conscious of how much sleep...
  • Commented on Luck of the Draw?
    Way to keep this blog short, sweet, and to the point! I am the youngest of three children and I would definitely say my family fits this mold pretty well. My brother is the oldest and is pretty stubborn and...
  • Commented on Implicit Association Test
    The implicit association test seems very weird! Funny how they can ask you the most random questions and be able to determine an underlying factor you didn't know about yourself. I am intrigued to find out whether I have a...
  • Commented on worst.weight.loss.plan.ever.
    This diet sounds terrible!! I don't understand why anyone would put themselves through that pain! The pictures and links you added were great, especially the JLO pic! Totally got my attention! People fall for the weirdest fads nowadays, whats so...
  • Commented on Personality and Looks
    Such an interesting take on the idea that similar looking people end up together. Perhaps people that are attractive and vain personalities overlook that same flaw in other people and go for someone equally as hot, so they really do...
  • Commented on Lie Detectors Lie Too Much
    A polygraph test is used in a lot of TV shows and movies, but they do seem to be very faulty! Hopefully our law enforcement can figure out a much more reliable test, so we do not accidentally prosecute innocent...
  • Commented on Being Strict isn't Always the Trick
    I completely agree with your thoughts on parenting! My parents started out being authoritative, but as they grew to trust me, became much more permissive. Similar to yours, they let me make my own mistakes and learn from them. I...
  • Commented on How does divorce affect children?
    This is a really hard topic to write about. I feel like scientists cannot draw conclusions on how divorce impacts children, because every divorce is sooo different. Also, every child reacts differently to change and conflict and other attributes of...
  • Commented on So who is this Father Figure?
    Such an interesting post!! I would totally agree and say that I always go to my mom for advice on friends and relationships. But when it comes to sports or school, I talk to my dad. He cares more about...
  • Posted How Did Your Parents Raise You? to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    Obviously, we all are students at a great University, so our parents must have done something right!! But do you ever run into people and think-- "Wow, what did their parents teach them growing up?" When reading the section on...
  • Commented on Alzheimer's Disease: Still An Unknown Disorder
    The diagram and links you attached were extremely helpful and relevant for your article! This is a great topic, because I feel that almost everyone has been affected or knows someone who has been affected by AD in some way....
  • Commented on Would you fall in love with the same person after erasing all your memories?
    This post was super interesting! I have never seen the movie, but I am really excited to rent it now! I believe that dreams are always taken from parts of our reality anyways,so I'm sure that if you dreamt about...
  • Commented on How Lion Taming Works
    I never really thought about how they are able to tame wild animals. This is pretty cool that it is similar to training a dog, I would think it would be way harder. I am sure it is just a...
  • Commented on Beckham Bares It All!
    This blog is completely true! When I saw the David Beckham commercial on the Super Bowl I found myself totally drooling over him! It is very funny how commercials can literally have no words but just show an alluring image...
  • Commented on Impossible Figures!
    I grew up with posters of these impossible figures in my classrooms! I would get distracted in class just staring at them, trying to figure out how they worked. Great use of several picture examples in the blog, it makes...
  • Commented on Our We Eating Our Way to Cancer?
    This blog is pretty eye opening! Being a college kid, the easiest food to get my hands on is carbohydrates such as chips and sweets. Of course those are the ones that are found to cause cancer. I'd love to...
  • Commented on Do You Hear What I Hear?
    I took this test while sitting at a table with my roommate. I could hear almost all of the noises, but she dropped off a few levels before me. It makes sense to me, because when she's listening to music,...
  • Commented on Alcoholic: Born or Raised an Addict?
    This blog caught my eye because I've had this discussion with friends of mine recently. A few friends were adamant that alcoholism and other addictive personalities run in the family genes, while another was positive it was just environment. Having...
  • Commented on You Could Walk On This Water!
    I agree with your final note that we should be thankful for these optical illusions because it really is cool!! I find it so interesting that this type of art has a ton to do with science, since usually they...
  • Posted Are YOU an Olympic Athlete? to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    Gearing up for the Olympics this coming summer in London, I can't help but think--Why am I not participating?! And additionally, what creates a Gold Medalist? Looking into how athletes get to the Olympic and Professional level, the debate of...
  • Posted Minnesota Nice or Minnesota Ice? to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    Chapter 14 is all about Personalities and what different influences help to make everyone's personality unique. One thing I found particularly interesting, is the theory that geography can affect the development of one's personality. Since I am a Minnesotan, born...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from ditty008