hasle027

• Commented on Long Lasting Sleep
    Great topic! Because sleep is known to be so important it was interesting to learn more about it. I definitely think I will remember the tips and information learned in this section!...
  • Commented on Placebos in the Future
    Interesting post! I agree that sometimes just the expectation that something will help makes it help. I think this can be seen in a lot of different ways too. For example, if someone is given an energy drink they may...
  • Commented on A Changing Society
    Interesting topic! I have to agree that children now tend to be babied in a way that leaves them potentially unprepared for the real world. Without having children myself I'd say it's hard for me to say I won't want...
  • Commented on You Could Walk On This Water!
    This is a great example of how our perception can differ from reality! I think this topic is very interesting to learn about, plus you can see cool pictures like this chalk art! Great example and post!...
  • Commented on Personality and Looks
    Such an interesting topic choice! I definitely agree and think this is a common opinion. Countless times I have heard people describe a guy by saying, 'his personality makes him cute.' And it's so true! Great post!...
  • Commented on Luck of the Draw?
    Great topic and post! While I understand that this particular theory may not be scientifically supported, I can definitely see this to be true in my own family. I also have seen it to be true in my friends' families,...
  • Commented on Will OCD contribute to your success as a doctor?
    Interesting topic choice, I like how you used a personal example! I definitely agree that your compulsion to check things over and over again could be a useful characteristic; however, I wonder if everyone with OCD is as fortunate as...
  • Commented on Implicit Association Test
    Interesting post! I always think tests like that are interesting, I know I've done a few REP studies that tell me they're testing for one thing, but really I find out they're testing for another. I think that is a...
  • Commented on Do You Hear What I Hear?
    Very interesting topic choice! I know my physics teacher did the same thing when we were studying sound. In my class, however, I was the only one who couldn't hear the noise. Nice to know there were people in your...
  • Commented on Lie Detectors Lie Too Much
    Great post! I think after reading about polygraph tests it is fair to say they are not a reliable way to detect if someone is guilty or not. Because they are inadmissible in courts I always wonder if polygraph testing...
  • Commented on How Lion Taming Works
    This post instantly caught my attention, first the roaring lion and then the title. I have never wondered how a lion is tamed, but after reading the title I realized I had no idea. Your post was very informative and...
  • Commented on Hello Clarice...
    Interesting topic and post! I generally like to believe people are deep down good, so I like the idea that maybe a genuine friendship could really help someone over come a psychological disorder. While I can imagine this type of...
  • Commented on The Persistence of Memory
    Great topic! I also found it very interesting to learn about false memories. I had always known that eye witness testimony was not reliable, but never really knew the exact science behind it. I definitely hope this is something I...
  • Commented on How much would you conform?
    Great topic choice! I remember noticing the different ways in which we conform after reading about this. Conformity is a necessary part of life, but I think it is good to understand and realize when you are conforming. By realizing...
  • Commented on College students sleep...?
    Great topic! I also found the section on sleep to be very interesting and informative because while I know sleep is important, I hardly know anything about it in detail. I can definitely relate to this post, and agree that...
  • Commented on Does High SAT = High Intelligence?
    This is a really interesting topic because I think we all know people who have a variety of intelligences. Whether someone seems to be "book smart" or "street smart" there are advantages to both, and I don't think intelligence tests...
  • Commented on Our Mind Playing Tricks on Us
    Great post, I also thought I would remember the biases best. While I wrote specifically on the durability bias, I think you did a great job describing other stand out biases. The examples from the book were all very interesting...
  • Commented on 50 First Dates Though?
    Interesting post! Using the movie was a great example for the topic of memory loss. I can't even imagine suffering from memory loss like the main character does in the movie, I think it definitely reminds us to be thankful...
  • Commented on Parenting Styles for the Future
    This post caught my eye because I also found the parenting styles interesting. I definitely think knowing and understanding a balanced approach to parenting will be useful in the future. Great post!...
  • Commented on My Reaction to Attraction
    I also found the different principles of attraction to be very interesting! I too can definitely see these concepts in my own relationships, especially here at college. While I think these are important in forming an attraction I don't necessarily...
  • Posted The "Overdramatic" Bias to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    While there are many topics learned this semester that will always stay with me, something I found particularly interesting was the durability bias. The durability bias, as defined in our textbook, is the belief that both our good and...
  • Posted The Role of a Father to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    In chapter ten, the authors address "The Role of the Father" in families and children's development. They pin point four crucial differences between the role of the mother and the role of the father. One, fathers are generally not as...
  • Commented on Born a Champion or Become a Champion?
    I always find nature vs. nurture arguments so interesting and I loved how you chose the topic of sports to illustrate the debate. Although I think that some people may be born with more natural athletic ability, I definitely think...
  • Commented on Alcoholic: Born or Raised an Addict?
    Your article really demonstrated your points well and it was also interesting! I think that alcoholism is due to many factors like you listed, and your picture does a really good job describing that because like you said, a baby...
  • Posted Figure-Ground Perception: An Illustration of the World to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    Visual perception, an interesting and popular research focus of psychology, is the function of the eyes and brain working together to interpret our surroundings. Take this picture for example: some people may see a vase, while others may see...
  • Posted Can Endocrine-Disrupting Chemicals Cause Obesity? to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    After reading about the endocrine system in chapter 3, I found myself very interested in this hormone releasing structure. In search of an intriguing story, I googled "endocrine system." To my pleasant surprise I found numerous articles on the...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from hasle027