hendr757

• Posted Our Mind Playing Tricks on Us to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    Five years from now there will be a lot of things I will remember from Psych 1001, but to be honest I will probably forget more than I remember. One of the things that I am confident that will stay...
  • Commented on Luck of the Draw?
    Great Post! I would have to say that my family fits the typical birth order model to tee. My older sister is a born leader, loves to be in control, and can be very close minded at times. I consider...
  • Commented on Long Lasting Sleep
    Sleep was a topic in psychology that I really enjoyed. Since most people don't get the amount of sleep that is recommended I think it will be interesting to see if any long-term side effects start to develop in our...
  • Commented on The Business World
    IQ testing is a very memorable topic and one that I think will remain prevalent in the years to come. I think it will be interesting to see if IQ tests adapt to the new realities of the world. Will...
  • Commented on In Five Years I Will Remember...
    It might be pretty difficult to forget the six principles after how much they were tested on and referred to on both the quizzes and exams. Overall I think these are critical not only to psychology but to our life...
  • Commented on No one has the right to play GOD!!
    Your blog was very interesting to read. While I whole-heartily agree that no one has the right to play God, I think we almost must realize that humans are not perfect. In history classes we always hear of people trying...
  • Commented on
    Wow this was a great post! I really agree with your final three things. Just because you spank your child does not mean you don't love your child, in fact I would argue that in most cases you spank your...
  • Commented on IQ is it Nature or Nurture?
    Great post! I would have to say that our genetics allow us to seek out environments in which we learn. Kind of like that nature via nurture phrase. If people are curious and willing to learn by their genes, they...
  • Commented on Will our generation IQ be greater than our parents generation?
    Wow that was a really informative video. That stat that you mentioned from the video is almost mind boggling. The smartest 10% of people 100 years ago are now in the bottom 5%. If the top 10% of 100 years...
  • Commented on What were you like as a baby?
    Great post! I look at this topic like the reinforcement we talked about earlier in the semester. For example, kids are intuitively programed to be like their parents, and their parents raise their kids in the same environment they were...
  • Commented on Detecting Lies
    Overall I would have to agree with you that there should always be sufficient evidence to go along with a lie detector test. These types of test can be pretty subjective in my mind, and they may convict a lot...
  • Posted Kohlberg's Conundrums to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    During the course of our lifetimes I'm sure we've all been asked a question to which there is no true right or wrong answer. Lawrence Kohlberg asked quite a few of these questions over the course of his lifetime to...
  • Commented on A Changing Society
    I agree definitely agree with you that we as a society should not try to work against nature, but I would like to clarify what I mean. Its not that we need to go back to the 50's with men...
  • Commented on Gut reactions? Not always the best!
    I would have to agree with you that Westerners like to use their gut reactions to make decisions and this can sometimes lead to irrational decisions. However, our society moves pretty fast and its typically the early bird that gets...
  • Commented on Heuristics, Biases, and How We Are Fooled - Dan Hodac
    Very interesting article, I liked the reference to judging a book by it's cover. Heuristics seem to me like one of those necessary evils. While it would be nice to have the time and intelligence to rationalize and think about...
  • Commented on Alzheimer's Disease: Still An Unknown Disorder
    Great links, they were really informative. This really is a terrible disease because it can take a person in great physical health and make a person and their family's lives miserable. You did mention that women are more prone than...
  • Commented on False Advertisement or Brilliance?
    Good question and interesting post. I would have to say that it is just a regular advertisement. Almost every advertiser uses some form of exaggeration from Geico and the Gecko to Aflac and the Duck. To remember commercials we need...
  • Commented on E*Trade, E Stands for Emotion
    I've got to agree that these are some of the best commercials, for all of the reasons you described. For wealth management companies like Etrade trust is a very important emotion and just like you said who wouldn't trust a...
  • Commented on When do we first "get familiar" with ourselves?!
    That was a really interesting video. I think its really funny to think about the concept of recognizing ourselves. When you think about it, it's actually kind of funny to know that we always didn't "know" who we are. Imagine...
  • Commented on A Greater Power Lies Together Rather Than Alone
    I really like your title too, it's movie worthy. I also liked how you mentioned the study and how it pointed out that even while we sleep our mind is still active just not conscience. While I can't say that...
  • Posted Do You Hear What I Hear? to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    Do you hear what I hear is a relatively famous song that is played at Christmas time. But one day during my Senior year in High School one of my teachers put us to the test. He played the different...
  • Commented on Uncovering the "BIG" issue of Nature vs. Nurture
    Very interesting post! I was kind of surprised by the stats as well. I though that obesity was more of a 60% genetics 40% environment kind of thing, but I'm not terribly surprised with the real numbers. This just proves...
  • Commented on Luckily, Mom Isn't Always Right...
    The previous poster hit the nail on the head in my mind. Every person is different. Bodies typically adjust to whatever your routine is so if you usually have a light snack before bed I see no harm in that....
  • Posted Our Ever-Evolving Mind to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    Even though we as college students are not that old, we sometimes think back on an event in our life and ask, "what was I thinking". If only I knew what I know now. That is what Chapter 10...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from hendr757