lynch375

• Commented on The End of Psych 1001
    The picture of the quiz score made me laugh! I'm also a huge dog lover and classical/operant conditioning definitely came in handy when training my dogs. They're a lot smarter than we give them credit for and it's something that...
  • Commented on Will you conform under the pressure?
    I also found conformity videos from discussion really interesting. I thought to myself that I would never say the wrong answer if I were one of them because it would annoy the hell out of me but I guess it...
  • Commented on Placebos in the Future
    The placebo effect is kind of like "mind over matter." I definitely start to feel better before medicine kicks in, just because I know I will get better eventually. Something that I thought of while reading your post is the...
  • Commented on
    I also really enjoyed the discussion section on personality. I thought it was interesting to see everyone split up into groups where our personalities were similar and see how we got the task done. It'll be handy in the future...
  • Commented on Reflecting Over Developmental Psychology
    I was also really fascinated by the developmental process in children when we learned about developmental psychology. Probably because I'm also interested in working with kids one day. After learning more about how children don't have object permanence until a...
  • Posted How to be a good parent to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    In five years or so, I'll probably be thinking of planning for marriage and starting a family. Something that I have learned in Psychology this year that will be helpful in this time is the various parenting styles that we...
  • Commented on From the Bystander Effect Arises Tragedy
    This is a very interesting topic and what a horrible accident! I have also learned about the bystander effect in another class. I think it has to do with people being lazy and thinking that someone else will take care...
  • Commented on Luck of the Draw?
    Very interesting topic! My sister and I are similar to you and your brother. She is two years older than me and has always been the "risk taker." Even though it is just the two of us, I feel as...
  • Commented on worst.weight.loss.plan.ever.
    I think it's insane that there are so many of these crazy weight loss plans out there these days. None of them sound fun at all! People wouldn't have to try such crazy "diets" if they just learned how to...
  • Commented on Will our generation IQ be greater than our parents generation?
    The video added good evidence to your blog. I think it's interesting how it explains that video games could be a possible cause for children's improvement in problem solving skills, yet people think that video games are linked with violence...
  • Commented on What were you like as a baby?
    I definitely think that personality starts off as genetic when we're infants but adapts and changes as we grow and experience different environments. I was extremely shy as a toddler and always held onto my mom and followed her wherever...
  • Commented on Being Strict isn't Always the Trick
    I definitely agree and can relate to you quite a bit. Though my mom was definitely more permissive than my dad, having the freedom to basically do what I want helped me learn more. I wholeheartedly believe that you grow...
  • Commented on So who is this Father Figure?
    I've never really thought about the difference between my relationships with each parent before this but I'm definitely similar to you. I've told my mom things that I don't like I could ever tell my dad, and I definitely would...
  • Posted How does divorce affect children? to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    Divorce rates these days are much higher than they used to be. Though some people are better off getting a divorce than trying to make their marriage work like they were required to in the old days, are their...
  • Commented on How many languages can you identify in this cartoon?
    Nice post, the cartoon captured my attention even though I could only really identify about two of the languages! I like how you really incorporated a lot of your personal thoughts on experiences on language, that's so awesome that you're...
  • Commented on Forgetful Lucy
    I've seen this movie plenty of times and love it! Before learning about anterograde amnesia, I had no idea that this movie was an accurate portrayal of an actual disorder. You did a great job of adding a lot of...
  • Commented on False Advertisement or Brilliance?
    Nice blog and good question! I'm going to have to say it's both false advertising and brilliance at the same time. Hopefully men know that women won't just pounce on them if they catch the scent of Tag as he...
  • Commented on Cetacea Skills
    The picture really captured my attention not only because I've "swam with dolphins" before, but also because I love dolphins! It's amazing how animals can learn so many tricks through operant conditioning and I think their intelligence is underestimated by...
  • Commented on Do You Hear What I Hear?
    I had a teacher do this test with our class in high school too and I remember being so fascinated with him not being able to hear a pitch that we all heard, as well as when I couldn't hear...
  • Commented on Impossible Figures!
    This is a very interesting post! I know I've seen some of these pictures before but have never heard any background information on them. All the pictures are nice support to your blog; they really do twist your mind while...
  • Commented on Are YOU an Olympic Athlete?
    I like this topic for nature vs nurture and I agree with you 100% when you say, "getting that gold medal is a direct reflection of how hard you trained for it. Natural talent will only take an athlete so...
  • Commented on Uncovering the "BIG" issue of Nature vs. Nurture
    Your title caught my attention and made me laugh a little! I really liked all the support you had to back up your article, like the pictures and especially the statistics. I was shocked by at the fact that "200...
  • Posted Alcoholic: Born or Raised an Addict? to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    One of few things that comes to mind when I think about the "Nature vs. Nurture" debate is alcoholism. Is there certain traits that one must inherit in order to have addictive behaviors? Or do addicts pick up their habits...
  • Posted Oh, the joys of research! to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    As beginning psychology students, we may wonder why we need to learn about research methods. Chapter 2 not only explains the importance of a good research method, but also the different types of designs a researcher may use. One important...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from lynch375