morr0630

• Posted Misrepresentation of Women in War to 1313W Class Blog (section 7)
    We hear of the stories and experiences of war all the time in our lives. Those of us who do not experience it first hand are able to understand what it may be like to be in one ourselves. There...
  • Commented on Alzheimer's Disease: Still An Unknown Disorder
    Super interesting blog to read! Alzheimer's disease runs in my family and I watched my great grandmother suffer from it for years. It started off as her forgetting things and progressed to where she didn't recognize her family and generally...
  • Commented on Difficult Decision? I Think Not...
    I would buy the crest toothpaste without a doubt! It is interesting how much we are influenced just by the appearance of things and how influential advertising can be. This is a super interesting blog post, great job!...
  • Commented on How Lion Taming Works
    Its cool how lion taming is exactly what we read about in the psychology text book. I would be afraid to work with lions but this process seems very similar to training a dog. We rewarded my dog with treats...
  • Commented on Things I Will Never Forget
    I spend a lot of time nannying so learning about development also fascinated me. I had no idea about how children's mind worked. I think it will be really fun when you are playing with your daughter what is going...
  • Commented on The End of Psych 1001
    This blog is really funny to read! I also love dogs and had a blast reading about pavlov's experiment with dogs. I have tried to train my dog to do cool tricks but it has never worked out. Maybe I...
  • Commented on Bad weight loss plans
    Dangerous dieting is so common in America, mostly because we perceive the perfect women to be thin. This unreal expectation for everyone to be thin comes from pressure from the media and society. I think it is important to talk...
  • Commented on Being Strict isn't Always the Trick
    I was raised in a very strict household, even so, I was able to make plenty of mistakes. For each mistake I suffered many consequences from my parents. Even if my parents were to not give me punishments I believe...
  • Commented on How Did Your Parents Raise You?
    Like you, my parents raised me completely different than many of my friend's parents. My parents were very strict and I had more rules than most people I knew my age. I wonder how much parenting styles actually effect their...
  • Commented on Would you fall in love with the same person after erasing all your memories?
    I love this movie and have seen it many times! This was why I was so interested in your blog. I think it would be entirely possible to fall in love who you loved before your memory was erased. You...
  • Commented on You Could Walk On This Water!
    It amazes me that anyone can draw something this cool! Perception is super interesting, i love images like this. I would love to have my picture taken on this!...
  • Commented on Alcoholic: Born or Raised an Addict?
    Super interesting blog! I personally feel that it is a combination of all the factors you listed. It is impossible to really separate nature and nurture in these situations making it hard for researchers to truly know. Alcoholism is fairly...
  • Commented on Luckily, Mom Isn't Always Right...
    I've heard so many claims about dieting, when and when not to eat, and what you should be eating that it is incredibly hard to know what is actually right. This kind of relates back to learning about psuedoscience because...
  • Commented on Will OCD contribute to your success as a doctor?
    It sounds like form your personal example that OCD may actually be a benefit to you. I have seen videos of people who are not as fortunate as you and it really gets in their way and they cannot function...
  • Commented on Sleeping Disorders - Not to Take Lightly
    Super interesting video and example! I myself have never sleepwalked but I think it would be scary knowing your walking around doing things at night and have no recollection of it the next day! I wonder what evidence was used...
  • Commented on When do we first "get familiar" with ourselves?!
    This post was a super interesting read, I loved the video also! I have always assumed that young children could recognize themselves in a mirror but then learned from your entry that only half of all children at the age...
  • Commented on Wait, hasn't this already happened?
    Whenever deja vu occurs it is a strange phenomena. I have experienced it myself before. I don't believe it is because of a past life but feel as though I have experienced something similar to what is happening now. Its...
  • Commented on Are You Smarter Than Your Sibling?
    When I read about this I was amazed that older siblings may actually be smarter than their younger siblings. I could relate to this somewhat. Although I am no genius, it has always seemed as if school has come easier...
  • Commented on Is it real--or is it Pseudoscience?
    I wasn't aware of all the pseudoscience out there until psychology! It amazes me how many claims are made. I never really thought about these until psychology when they were introduced in this chapter. I was suspicious about some but...
  • Commented on Mental Illness Awareness
    The statistics about the number of people with mental illnesses amazed me also. Although I do not feel I have friends with mental illnesses chances are I do and am just not aware of it. School is incredibly stressful which...
  • Commented on Psych 1001
    This activity is also something I will remember from the psych discussions in the future. I thought it was amazing how useful some of these items could be. Like you I also did not believe crisco would be useful but...
  • Posted Reflecting Over Developmental Psychology to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    After exploring many different themes and topics in psychology this semester I found myself particularly interested in developmental psychology. I think a lot of this interest came from my liking of children and someday wanting to work with them....
  • Posted Our We Eating Our Way to Cancer? to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    Living in America today we consume processed foods all the time. The price, taste, and convenience of these products are why Americans love them. Grocery stores carry more processed food and products that are chemically engineered and grown with...
  • Posted Are Alternative Medicines Helping or Hurting? to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    Complementary and alternative medicines are popular around the world when it comes to treating and preventing illness. Many use these medicines as an alternative to conventional medicine. Examples of these unconventional medicines people probably believe are conventional such as...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from morr0630