noyce005

• Commented on So who is this Father Figure?
    Awesome blog post! It was very enjoyable to read. I personally fit the mold; I definitely 'hang out' with my dad more, but I talk to my mom whenever I need advice with other people or school. I think the...
  • Commented on Tiny Human, Big Brain.
    Very nice post! I think it is awesome that you can relate Piaget's stages of development to your own life. She certainly does sound like a very smart girl and it is amazing that you could actually observe the stages...
  • Commented on An Office Romance
    Excellent post! I am also an Office fan and now that I think about it Jim and Pam's relationship is pretty much the perfect example of a perfect relationship. They demonstrate all of the qualities needed to be a good...
  • Commented on Air Diet or Anorexia?
    Excellent blog post! Air diet.. that's actually pretty funny, obviously consuming only air would cause a person to loose weight. It seems there's no end to the absurd diets that come out these days....
  • Commented on Girls will be girls and boys will be boys
    Very interesting question! I personally think that in general there is a balance between the two. There is definitely a nature side to it because there are many other animals where the males are much more aggressive. Take lions for...
  • Commented on IQ is it Nature or Nurture?
    Very interesting topic! I think you did a great job of outlining the arguments and evidence on both sides. It is interesting though because when you look at an extremely uncommon exception, such as Einstein, how big of a role...
  • Commented on Is Beauty Universally Defined?
    Excellent post! I think you did a very good job illustrating some of the slightly more extreme ways that women are perceived as being beautiful around the world. I personally beauty really is in the eye of the beholder. There...
  • Commented on The Atkins Diet Failure
    Excellent post! I definitely agree that people should always check all the facts before they attempt to follow a diet plant that makes any sort of extraordinary claim. The Atkins diet is definitely one of the most well know diet...
  • Commented on worst.weight.loss.plan.ever.
    Wow, I've never heard of that diet. The Dukan diet sounds horrible. Definitely something I wouldn't ever try. Nice blog post!...
  • Commented on Cookie Diet
    Very interesting blog post! I personally only eat about one major meal a day currently, so it really wouldn't be that drastic of a change. If the cookies don't contain many nutrients then the only time you'll be able to...
  • Commented on Will our generation IQ be greater than our parents generation?
    I think the Flynn effect and the implications that it has are very interesting. You did an excellent job covering the subject and the video was very interesting! I personally think that the cause of this continuous increase in IQ...
  • Commented on Bad weight loss plans
    I think it is amazing that societal pressures can actually create mental diseases and cause people to go to these lengths just to remain at what they perceive as a 'healthy' weight. Excellent post!...
  • Commented on Altruism: Are Your Relative's Lives More Important Than Yours?
    Altruism is a very interesting topic. I liked your example of the Belding's ground squirrels and how their sentries have a greater chance of being killed by the predators. I don't think there is really any sort of purely altruistic...
  • Commented on Luck of the Draw?
    Very interesting topic! I have always been interested in birth order and its affects on people's behaviors. My family doesn't fit this mold perfectly by any means but there are definitely some similarities. I am definitely the leader, but also...
  • Commented on From the Bystander Effect Arises Tragedy
    This is a very interesting blog post! The story about Wang Yue is amazing and at the same time revolting. It's amazing that something like that can and has happened. I definitely would like to believe that in such a...
  • Commented on Smokin' the Mary Jane
    Excellent article! I think you covered the subject very well. I personally don't think that the government will every require a certain gene to be removed from infants or anything of that sort. I think that they would be more...
  • Commented on No one has the right to play GOD!!
    This is a very controversial topic and I enjoyed reading your views. It is hard to believe that humans, as a species, has got to the point that we have not only mastered our environment but can also control the...
  • Commented on Implicit Association Test
    I was interested in this test after reading your article and I tried it out as well. I'm not sure I agree that just because one makes a mistake that it means that there's some underlying belief. It definitely is...
  • Commented on Social contagion or human's copycat behavior
    This is a very interesting subject and I think you did an excellent job describing the arguments within it. I agree with the fact that copying others behaviors is definitely innate. Copying is probably what allowed us to evolve as...
  • Commented on Birth Order and Personality: Pop Psychology?
    I have always found birth order very interesting. In elementary school I actually remember noticing that many of the people who were younger siblings had often been pampered much more and had often seen movies and knew things that were...
  • Posted Unforgettable to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    There are many small and intriguing facts that I will definitely remember from Psych 1001. For example: the placebo effect. I will definitely remember the fact that placebo pills and real pills 'cure' depression to about the same extent. I...
  • Posted To Catch a Liar to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    As with many studies in psychology detecting whether or not someone is lying isn't black and white. There is no formula to calculate whether someone isn't telling the truth. The polygraph test has long been considered the best way in...
  • Posted Smelling the Beans in Brazil to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    Are different people able to sense different stimuli? We all have the same five senses right? Even though that is true many of our senses have a natural variation and some lose their ability over time. The sense of hearing...
  • Posted Yeah Dude to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    Have you ever wondered if people who grew up speaking Spanish, German, Bushmen, or Mandarin also think in that language? Have you wondered if that 5 month year-old baby can actually understand what you're saying? Chapter 8 seeks to answer...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from noyce005