pilli011

• Posted The past, present and future! to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    I really enjoyed psych class this semester. It was really cool learning about the mind and all of the psychologists, but I think the idea that will stick with me for the rest of my life is social facilitation. This...
  • Posted Smokin' the Mary Jane to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    View image What would you say if you found out that you had the gene for novelty-seeking? Would you want to prepare for it? Would you want to still have kids? Would you prefer to find a way to cancel...
  • Commented on Air Diet or Anorexia?
    It's so sad to think that some people struggle so much with their self-esteem that they literally starve themselves. I could never imagine doing such a cruel and unpleasant thing and people suffering from eating disorders need to be helped...
  • Commented on An Office Romance
    This example works perfectly to display proximity, similarity and reciprocity. Plus, I love this show so I enjoyed reading this post....
  • Commented on Love
    Proximity is a really interesting idea to think about because it's completely true. My girlfriend and I in high school met because our last names were right next to each other in the alphabet and it was the same with...
  • Commented on Why Do We Marry?
    Marriage is a very sacred ceremony and promise in all cultures and I believe that society today is downplaying how big of a deal divorce is. Our vows include "till death do us part" and while I know some people...
  • Commented on Were you ever spanked as a kid?
    I would agree that spanking kids is a bit over the top for parents. My parents occasionally did it to me and that made me respect and fear them a little too which in my opinion made me a better...
  • Commented on The Lie Detectors Keep Lying
    It's really interesting to think about how people beat the polygraph tests. When I was younger I thought it was magic, but upon learning about them over the past couple years and in this class, I think it's really amazing...
  • Commented on How Did Your Parents Raise You?
    It's interesting to think about how we all ended up at the same place. I think our parents definitely played a large role in helping us achieve and get to where we are today. This post does a good job...
  • Commented on Kamikaze Pigeons!
    This article was very interesting and it's weird to think about the possibilities of animals playing a part in our national defense. The video was cool as well and overall I enjoyed this blog post....
  • Commented on How many languages can you identify in this cartoon?
    This is a really cool article and the cartoon is a great complement as well. I enjoyed this exercise and agree that being a polyglot would be really advantageous. I have a similar goal of becoming fluent in 3 or...
  • Commented on A Tip $$ for Learning a Second Language
    I agree that being bilingual is a very good idea for someone looking to have a long successful career. People who can communicate in more than one language have a wider spectrum of people for business opportunities. These opportunities are...
  • Commented on The Chinese Effect and the Importance of Being Multilingual
    I agree completely that being multilingual is imperative for enhanced success in life. I am fluent in both English and Spanish which has been beneficial for trips and vacations to various countries. I also think that people who take the...
  • Posted 50 First Dates Though? to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    Can you imagine, being unable to remember meeting someone, and continuously seeing that same person over and over again? Personally, that seems so depressing. Our memory is a constant source of entertainment and pleasure and a dysfunctional one makes life...
  • Commented on Beckham Bares It All!
    Celebrities are great models for companies to use when promoting their products because consumers want to be like their celebrity heroes and therefore will more than likely buy the respective items. I think this type of advertising is amazingly efficient...
  • Commented on Cetacea Skills
    This is a really cool post. I think it's amazing how we are able to train animals to perform certain tasks. Are these types of animals able to be trained more quickly than others? I was just wondering, but overall,...
  • Commented on How Lion Taming Works
    I have always wondered how this works and it makes sense now. It's amazing how psych can be applied to everyday items and how prevalent it is in our lives....
  • Commented on Dog Tricks!!!
    I love dogs so this was a very interesting article. My current do is going to have puppies this summer so it would be nice if you added some more information about training them. Overall though, it was a solid...
  • Commented on We all love sleep, but...
    I have always wondered what was wrong with him and you have answered my question. This disorder is so random and sadly kind of funny. Imagine playing a sport against someone with it and all of a sudden they fall...
  • Commented on Smelling the Beans in Brazil
    This is a very interesting article because of its relation to our everyday lives. We are constantly using our senses to survive and progress our lives, but they are usually overlooked or forgotten until an article such as this presents...
  • Commented on Do You Hear What I Hear?
    This is a very interesting article. I have always wondered about the effects of loud noises on our hearing abilities, but never really looked into it. I think it would be interesting to see the effects of headphones on the...
  • Commented on You Could Walk On This Water!
    I think it's so cool to relate the things we learn everyday to what goes on in our lives. These chalk murals are so realistic and their existence benefits everyone because of the excitement and enjoyment that they bring to...
  • Commented on Born a Champion or Become a Champion?
    I love how you incorporated a topic that pretty much everyone enjoys, sports, to an assignment. I think it is essential for people to find ways to relate to their work in order to get the best results. I agree...
  • Commented on Are YOU an Olympic Athlete?
    I think that your rationale about nurture and hard work being the ultimate determinants of success is completely correct. Some people may have greater abilities or genes, but if they don't work hard to develop them then they are simply...
  • Posted Who Wants To Ride The Bandwagon? to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    Isn't it ridiculous how often the bandwagon fallacy affects our society? People shift back and forth between trends, favorite sports teams and beliefs all because their peers' opinions. I thought this part of the first chapter was the most interesting...
  • Posted Jump On! to Who wants to ride the bandwagon?
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from pilli011