ricex508

• Posted Just Be Yourself , Don't Fall into the Traps of Conformity to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    During this semester we have covered a lot of interesting topics. One that stood out to me a lot was the study of conformity. The video of the students saying the wrong answer to the line height question, really made...
  • Commented on Five Years From Know: I Hope I Have Intelligence
    I also agree that IQ tests shouldn't be used when hiring people for jobs. The test itself doesn't show how well someone is going to perform at the job, how organized they are, or if they can handle stressful situations....
  • Commented on Mint, Dwight?
    I totally remember this Office episode but I never really understood the Pavlov's model. I feel that watching this and the Big Bang Theory really help me understand this topic more. I agree that these real life examples help people...
  • Commented on Mental Illness Awareness
    This really scared me too! Especially when they said that more females development mental illnesses than men to, making me even more worried. Hopefully, by trying to manage stress and stay focused on the bigger picture, we can prevent mental...
  • Commented on Lie Detectors Lie Too Much
    I really liked this post and I agree that polygraph tests are not the best. I like how you said that it can make people question if they are truly lying or not when they fail a question. I think...
  • Commented on The Role of a Father
    I agree with this post, however I feel that there isn't really that much of a traditional family anymore. Today, there are dads that stay at home and take care of the kids while the mother works. But I do...
  • Commented on The Lie Detectors Keep Lying
    I also agree with the posts above. I have a younger brother who is 7 and he lies all the time. However, I don't believe he actually realizes that he is lying most of the time. I feel that most...
  • Commented on Is Beauty Universally Defined?
    This is a very interesting topic and I loved that you included photos. I agree completely with what you are saying. Obviously beauty is very different in cultures around the world. However, I'm sure there are some features that are...
  • Commented on Girls will be girls and boys will be boys
    This is a very interesting post and I completely agree. I think that its both nature and nurture that make boys more aggressive. Obviously having more testosterone will make boys more aggressive, but also having the stereotype of boys being...
  • Commented on Cookie Diet
    This is a pretty interesting entry, however I would never do this as a diet. I feel like eating these cookies all day wouldn't make you lose weight at all. And only eating one meal a day sounds horrible, and...
  • Commented on Problems in Business
    I agree with how Western managers and many people in business rush into many things. I feel that business is very competitive and people also feel the need to get ahead and probably don't make the best decision because they...
  • Commented on How Did Your Parents Raise You?
    This blog post was very interesting. After reading this post I read more about each of the types of parenting, and I feel like my parents were a mixture between Permissive and Authoritative because I never had any chores, a...
  • Commented on A Changing Society
    I would agree also that today many kids are babied and not prepared to go out into the real world. Growing up and thinking that you are safe where ever you go isn't what its really like out there. Many...
  • Posted Video Game Causes Boy to Shoot his Parents to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    In discussion we talked about whether violet video games and TV shows cause violence and aggression in kids. Our group concluded that yes, these shows and video games do cause aggression in kids. To support our conclusion further, I...
  • Commented on Photograph Man
    This was a very interesting post, I also read another blog relating memory loss to a movie however it was far more accurate than this movie. It would be great to have short term memory last for minutes. I would...
  • Commented on Beckham Bares It All!
    One of the main reasons I chose to read this entry to because I saw the name David Beckham. After reading this entry I was able to understand more of the underlining reasons of using celebrities (especially attractive ones) in...
  • Commented on Dog Tricks!!!
    This was a very interesting blog and caught my eye because I have two dogs and neither of them can really do any tricks. I would love to try to teach them something like you showed in the video. However,...
  • Commented on Forgetful Lucy
    I remember seeing this movie a long time ago, and you did a great job relating it to what we have been studying. I never would have guessed that this movie would actually portray information correctly. Its also interesting that...
  • Commented on Do You Hear What I Hear?
    I remember when everyone in my middle school and high school used to set the mosquito tone as their ringtone. However, I'm guessing the reason many of us cannot hear the tone we are supposed to hear is because many...
  • Commented on Impossible Figures!
    This was a very interesting blog post. I like how you incorporated many different examples rather than just one. As I looked at the examples I had a hard time figuring them out, but by reading your background about each...
  • Commented on One a day... keeps fat away?
    I think this blog post is very interesting because it would be something good to show my family. My whole family besides me is really into drinking pop especially Diet Coke. My mom probably has around three or more Diet...
  • Commented on Smiles around the World
    I thought this entry was very interesting because it is amazing that one simple gesture that you do so many times during the day without even realizing, translates to the same thing for anyone in the world. Even though every...
  • Posted What Can Drive a Mother to Give Up Her Daughter? to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    Ariel Rice One topic I found very interesting in the text was located in Chapter 3 discussing Nature and Nurture, which is the debate over how genetic inheritance and environment factors contribute to human development. The reason I found this...
  • Posted A Gorilla as a New Friend to Talk to to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    Ariel Rice The chapter I was given to look over involved the many different aspects of language. The topics discussed were how language came to be, what it involves, how babies learn a language and many others. It also went...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from ricex508