rosen908

• Commented on Mint, Dwight?
    I really liked your post and the video was really good!! I watch the office as well and when I first watched this episode I never really thought too much about the psychological aspect of it but after learning about...
  • Commented on Psych 1001
    I thought that this activity was really interesting as well! It was interesting to see the how each person numbered the items then compared them to our group and finally getting to see the actual results. Great post!...
  • Commented on The End of Psych 1001
    I liked the picture of the quiz score!!! I totally know how you feel when you get a 4.5, its frustrating! I also love animals, specially dogs, and thought the Pavlov experiment was very interesting....
  • Commented on What I'm Taking With Me
    I liked your post and agree as well! When questions regarding this topic would come up, I would think of ways they could be applied in my life and I was surprised to find many possible situations. Great job!...
  • Commented on Why Follow the Crowd?
    The topic of conformity stood out for me as well! It's interesting to think about daily decisions we make and how unconsciously we conform do be more socially accepted. Not many people like to admit that they conform to others'...
  • Posted to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    What I think I will most likely remember from Psych 1001 in 5 years is the chapter on personality. I really enjoyed the activity we did in class about this chapter and that we got the opportunity to get in...
  • Commented on Luck of the Draw?
    I think to some extent, my brother and I fit into the birth order characteristics. I am the oldest and I'm more of a leader than him and more set in my ways while he is much more rebellious, as...
  • Commented on
    Great post! I liked that at the end you mentioned the three key ideas to basically conclude your post. It helps to bring all your ideas together....
  • Commented on Air Diet or Anorexia?
    Interesting topic. It is weird to think that some people will actually fall into this idea and starve themselves. I found it interesting when you mentioned that if I told myself enough times that I wasn't hungry and basically brainwashed...
  • Commented on Is Beauty Universally Defined?
    Really interesting topic! Like the person above me said, the pictures drew me to your article as well, so really good used of images. It is really interesting to think that what is actually considered beautiful in a person can...
  • Commented on So who is this Father Figure?
    I really enjoyed this post! As soon as I read the facts you posted, I started thinking about how my relationship differs with my mom and my dad. Like your post states, I tell my mom much more personal things...
  • Commented on How does divorce affect children?
    Interesting topic. Having had friends that have dealt with divorce in their families I know how much this can affect the kids in the family. I can't imagine how hard it must be to find balance between both parents after...
  • Posted Parenting: Which one will you be? to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    Become a new parent can be very stressful and not knowing how to raise your child can be detrimental to how they will act as they grow. Knowing the different parenting styles studied by Diana Baumrind can be very eye...
  • Commented on 50 First Dates Though?
    Great post! I was drawn to it because I have watched this movie several times and really enjoyed it. I think it is so interesting that after seeing this movie so many times before I never really thought about what...
  • Commented on The Chinese Effect and the Importance of Being Multilingual
    Really interesting topic! I enjoyed reading your post because I am bilingual and I would also switch up the language I spoke in when I didn't want people understanding me. Basic Spanish is very common now so I have to...
  • Commented on Psychology in Ads Even in the 1920s!
    Nice blog! It is interesting to see in the video the techniques used to create fear to get their point across. I agree, that the commercial was probably very effective seeing that even a little girl was holding up a...
  • Commented on How Lion Taming Works
    Interesting topic! Many animals in the show business demonstrate the success of using techniques of conditioning and reinforcement to train them. There are also cases where the animal seems to have learned this behavior but after some years, it kills...
  • Commented on Baby 'Little Albert' Experiment - How Unethical!
    This is really interesting! I had heard about Little Albert previous to this class as it is such a significant moment in research. I think it is great that there are guidelines now-a-day to regulate unethical research methods but I...
  • Commented on Figure-Ground Perception: An Illustration of the World
    I like this topic you chose and how you ended your post saying that people can view different things depending on their different perceptions or experiences in the world. Also like you said, people will first see the vase or...
  • Commented on Do You Hear What I Hear?
    I really enjoyed this article. I think that with the fast-growing advance in mp3 players and other portable music devices, more and more people are using them on a daily basis. To avoid outside noises, the volume of these are...
  • Commented on Luckily, Mom Isn't Always Right...
    I like your title, it caught my attention right away and the "..." led me to continue reading! I also enjoyed the beginning of the article, like many said already, as it helps me understand how you relate to this...
  • Commented on Alcoholic: Born or Raised an Addict?
    Good article with a very interesting topic! I agree, that with most nature/nurture cases, it will always be a combination of both. I especially liked your concluding statement that if someone has a family history of alcoholism, their chance of...
  • Posted The Debate of Many Centuries to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    The grand debate about nature vs. nurture; what is more significant? Genes? The way one is brought up? Or are both a crucial part to a person's way of being? In this article a child's potential future is discussed....
  • Posted I Knew It All Along to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    A topic discussed in this chapter that caught my attention is the Cognitive Biases. There are several biases under the cognitive bias category like confirmation bias, hindsight bias and overconfidence. Cognitive biases are influences and can be more broadly labeled...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from rosen908