wittm045

• Commented on Eddard Stark's Personality Analysis
    I watch this show and I would have to agree with your analysis. I wouldn't have thought to characterize him like that but you hit it dead on....
  • Commented on
    I must say that your experiences are the most acceptable form of this type of punishment. Being a child that was spanked as well I wish I had the communication with my experiences that you did. I would have probably...
  • Commented on worst.weight.loss.plan.ever.
    This does sound horrible. I don't even understand how this would even seem desirable enough to try. you must really be delusional to pass over several other diets to say, "yep this is the diet for me!" WOW...
  • Commented on What were you like as a baby?
    I am not as surprised that our early personalities are more genetic. In a sense we haven't really had that much in the way of experience for our personalities to mold around. It is weird though to think that chemicals...
  • Commented on All about is Facial Expression
    I was also surprised by the connection between facial expression and physiological responses. I like this because it supports the idea of attitude ability to improve a situation. If I find myself in an excited situation, or better yet anticipate...
  • Commented on Setting the Rules on Parenting
    It seems that this is another Nature vs. Nurture debate. Is the parenting style or the genes of the child the more important factor. I would assume that you were right that dependent on the genes the different parenting methods...
  • Commented on How does divorce affect children?
    I also was form a divorced household. One of the hardest thing I have to deal with is dividing time. Unlike you my parents did have hostilities between them. It was/is so bad that I generally do not enjoy celebrations...
  • Commented on Video Game Causes Boy to Shoot his Parents
    I have often wondered if video games bred violence of if some humans with predispositions for violence play video games. I also wonder what is considered violent. I have seen "interpretations" of video games, people personal drawings of how they...
  • Commented on The Chinese Effect and the Importance of Being Multilingual
    I have heard Chinese is a difficult language to learn, even as first language. You mentioned that it taught you to be have better memorization skills. I assume it is because of the many characters. I spent some time in...
  • Posted Cravings Out of Situation to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    The topic of learning as it relates to the physiological responses that occur when paired with triggers has been the most interesting to me. In our text it was most related to drug use and how triggers such as settings...
  • Posted Morality: I Knew What I Thought Yesterday to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    Kohlberg attempted a tall feat indeed when he thought to quantify morality in individuals of different ages. He posed complex situational questions and asked his subjects to make a decision based on what they personally believed. It is an...
  • Commented on Hello Clarice...
    I dont know that I would hug a known canibal, but it might be others bag. I do find the idea of being a confidant to someone that may be perceiving a world very different from that of convention. Allow...
  • Commented on Animal language
    No video of dolphins!!!! I always thought that other animals could communicate to each other and that humans had merely evolved the ability to do this more effectively through our broad range of sounds. It would be interesting to discover...
  • Commented on Forgetful Lucy
    I remember watching this movie when it came out and found it very sweet. I did think it was totally bogus in premise however. Now that I have learned that these types of maladies are present in some people it...
  • Commented on Does Life Not Begin Until We Are 18-24 Months?
    I find this quite a dubious question myself. Is the knowledge of self that has a baby realize she is looking at a image of herself in a mirror or the experience with mirrors to understand that they are reflections....
  • Commented on Cetacea Skills
    It is amazing how broad this learning method is across species....or maybe it isn't. While not exactly the same our components do follow a similar mold. I never realized that it was this effective. It would be interesting to know...
  • Commented on Impossible Structures and their Vanishing Points
    I love these art forms too. i like how someone can take convention then purposely break from them to create and interesting image. It is one of the few times. i believe, we can be visually confused by a static...
  • Posted A Greater Power Lies Together Rather Than Alone to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    Consciousness is at the very core of what makes our waking perception of reality. We are able to process all that sensational data given and make it a coherent image of our world. That consciousness is what gives us...
  • Commented on Control Your Dreams & Live Your Fantasies!
    I love dreaming, and coincidently Peter Pan. I read the part about controlling dreams and thought that it was rather odd. I have odd dreams about all sorts of things that I sometimes control or at least perceive of giving...
  • Commented on Man on the Moon
    I can relate with the seeing clothes hung randomly in my house as a person and being startled. My "favorite" examples are the ones where you fold the dollar bill into weird conspiracy theories. It just proves that you need...
  • Posted If Only I Could Remember How to Remember to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    Our memories are our best friends and our worst enemy. This paradox doesn't even tell us which level of functionality our memory is operating at when when we experience these personifications. It can be absent when we want to get...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from wittm045