qianx122

• Commented on
    I still think spanking is not the best way to teach children. Sometimes it will even have a contradictory effect. In my opinion, the best way of teaching children is to let children know why what they did is wrong...
  • Commented on Implicit Association Test
    I took a similar test. It's about the racial problem. The test let me do response with the picture of white people and black people. Finally, it got a result that I prefer to the white people....
  • Commented on Personality and Looks
    Your blog really points out a problem--sometimes the personality and people's looking have no relationship. Some guys have good looking maybe make you suck. However, some guys who have the good personality can make people ignore their not very good...
  • Commented on worst.weight.loss.plan.ever.
    Weight losing is a kind of eternal topic among people. A lot of women and some men always want to find the way to lose weight healthy and effectively. I experienced a 20-days weight losing plan. During that period, I...
  • Commented on All about is Facial Expression
    Reading facial expressions is very interesting, however, it is also a very hard task to realize what others' really think about because the true facial expression may only last a few seconds. The picture is very useful by explaining each...
  • Commented on Were you ever spanked as a kid?
    My parents rarely spanked me when I was a young girl. On the contrary, they always taught me what is right and what is wrong. So I think the importance is not the spanking, just like the video saying--punishment cannot...
  • Commented on Does Life Not Begin Until We Are 18-24 Months?
    Although babies have life since they are born, but they may don't know what they are doing before 18 months. Even they response to some stimuli, they still do not have the self awareness. Just like almost all of us...
  • Favorited Never believe the pseudoscience on Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
  • Posted Never believe the pseudoscience to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    We almost finish Psychology 1001 course this semester. For me, the concept in psychology that I think I will remember five years from now is pseudoscience, because it is in the Chapter one that impressed me first and really shocked...
  • Commented on Forgetful Lucy
    Lucy is just experiencing the anterograde amnesia that patients cannot encode new memories from our experience. So Lucy's memory always keep the same--same newspaper, same breakfast, and even same painting. Her father and brother try to make her life normal...
  • Commented on 50 First Dates Though?
    I love this movie. It touched me a lot. Although it has a happy ending, my friend and I cried for the effort that Adam paid for Berrymore to let her remember him because she will forget what happened before...
  • Commented on A Tip $$ for Learning a Second Language
    Your experience about how to learn two language in your childhood and learn the third language by yourself is very interesting. Your story recall my own experience that learned the second language. It is always very hard, especially when it...
  • Commented on Animal language
    I love your cat so much. Actually, I think you should choose a more beautiful picture to post. Of course animals have their own language, and different animals have different ways to express their meaning. It is really very fantastic....
  • Commented on If Only I Could Remember How to Remember
    The title is very attractive. The truth is, before reading the textbook, I though memory was just something we tried to remember. However, after learning it, I understand that having a memory is definitely a complicated process. We need to...
  • Commented on Is it real--or is it Pseudoscience?
    The most useful knowledge I learned in the introductory psychology textbook is about the pseudoscience. It is so awful. 95% of the self-help books is untested. I guess that is why I often read totally contradictory healthy suggestion in different...
  • Commented on Control Your Dreams & Live Your Fantasies!
    I love your picture. It makes dreams look like a fairy tale. Actually, I always experience lucid dreaming. I exactly know that I am dreaming in the dream. For example, when I dreamed that I already finished all final exams...
  • Posted Eddard Stark's Personality Analysis to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    Eddard Stark (Ned) who has a pathetic life is one of the protagonist in the novel A Game of Thrones--book one of A Song of Ice and Fire written by George R.R. Martin. It is a splendid fantistorical tale....
  • Posted Would you fall in love with the same person after erasing all your memories? to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    Would you fall in love with the same person after erasing all your memories? The movie, "External Sunshine of the Spotless Mind", shows you:" Yes, you will." It tells a story of a pair of couple--Joule and Clementine. Actually,...
  • Commented on Which Harry Potter Character Are You?
    The title is interesting. We always see this kind of personality test online, especially after appearing a famous TV shows or films. To be honestly, I don't think it can give us some useful suggestions. It just look more like...
  • Commented on Baby 'Little Albert' Experiment - How Unethical!
    The title and the picture are really attractive. The example is powerful to prove your opinion. This kind of experiment is so unfair to a baby. He was only 9 months old and knew nothing. "Little Albert" indeed reflect that...
  • Commented on Can Our Face Cheat Us?!
    I also like this TV show. I think it is so cool for a psychologist to tell different from the true emotion and the fake emotion. It's amazing....
  • Commented on Does High SAT = High Intelligence?
    It's a good blog. I like your example with Chris Langan. It definitely points that high grade in SAT does not equal to high intelligence. Actually, I think high grade can only prove that a person has a high IQ,...
  • Commented on Man on the Moon
    I love this topic. I guess everyone will have this kind of interesting experience. Sometimes, especially in the dark night, I always consider a chair or a small construction as a stranger and feel nervous. However, I think this phenomenon...
  • Commented on Dat Baby Don't Look Like Me... ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪
    Your title is helpful to understand the key point of this blog--adoption studies about nature vs. nurture. I think they are both important factors for adopted children. By the way, the music is good....
  • Posted Biological Psychology to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    If you want to study psychology to understand what people are thinking, trying to figure out how humans' brains work is an important part of it. This is the main content for Chapter 3. It combines biology--the part of humans'...
  • Posted Biological Psychology to Psy 1001 Section 21 Spring 2012
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from qianx122