perei049

• Commented on <font color="turquoise">Oh Memories.</font COLOR>
    I will always remember that section too. It was very intriguing to me because of how my parents raised me. I related that section a lot to my life which helped ingrain it in my memory. I will probably look...
  • Commented on Who's actually babysitting your children?
    I agree completely that most people don't know major milestones in a baby's life. I never thought about how it affects babysitting and people who aren't parents. I personally never knew when kids started walking and concepts like that before...
  • Commented on One of the oldest debates in psychology, which side are you on?
    I also will continue to ponder this concept. Due to twin studies, I do believe that nature definitely plays a role in developing many traits, but I also believe nurture plays a role in how a person develops. Parenting definitely...
  • Commented on The "Correct" Way to Raise Children
    I think the most important aspect of parenting is maintaining a balance as well. Parents that display authoritative styles of parenting develop the best relationships with their kids. Also these kids have a great level of autonomy but also aren't...
  • Commented on You Are Not Alone!
    I agree with you totally. I think that in our lives everyone, at least once, has made a decision based on the fact that everyone else agreed so they just conformed to agree with the group. It is important to...
  • Commented on Killing Machines or Creative Geniuses?
    The statistic about the reaction time does not really change my opinion about video games. I still believe they promote violence and should have higher ratings so that only older kids can play them. My brother never played violent video...
  • Posted Let's be rational here... to Psychology 1001 S23, Sp2012
    This psychology class has taught me a great deal about a range of topics including memory, emotions, stress, sleep, and IQ, to name a few. I believe a lot of what I will remember about psychology in five years will...
  • Posted Real or fake side effects? to Psychology 1001 S23, Sp2012
    Stress effects people in numerous different ways. Some people deal with stressors as they come while others spend their days worrying about the stressors coming up. There are three approaches to stress discussed in our textbook: stressors as stimuli, stress...
  • Commented on Please keep your distance
    I agree with you that some people that do not comprehend the correct, comfortable distance can definitely cause some uncomfortable situations. I also have a friend that likes to be up in your face and believes that is the only...
  • Commented on To soft, to hard, or Just right?
    I agree with your description of the parenting styles. I personally was raised with authoritative parents and I believe it was the best way as well; it was "just right". My parents restricted me from certain activities that would cause...
  • Commented on Hungry?
    I completely agree that portion distortion is our main issue. When I was younger, I went to Europe a few times and more recently I traveled to Colombia. While visiting other countries, even as a young child, the major portion...
  • Commented on Do whatever the heck you want or Do exactly what I say or you're grounded?
    My parents definitely raised me with an authoritative style. At the time, I assumed they were just being plain mean and "authoritarian" for not letting me do things such as hang out with people who drank during my sophomore year...
  • Posted Not hungry... or... to Psychology 1001 S23, Sp2012
    Many of us know people personally who have suffered through eating disorders. They are not the easiest to detect due to the fact that people tend to keep them discrete. According to our textbook, on page 436, bulimia nervosa, an...
  • Commented on Children and Technology; is it too much?
    I do believe technology is changing people's childhood but whether it's for better or for worse, I'm not sure. Children now are spending more time inside on the computer during beautiful days they could "be kids" and not have a...
  • Commented on Sara Beth
    I really like your post because it addresses how times have changed with people and even families in accepting people who are different from us. It is really depressing that families would shun their own kids if they had a...
  • Commented on Can't remember ALL your ZHEIMERS?
    Those figures surprise me as well. It is astonishing how common this disease is considering it's detrimental effects on a person. I watched my great aunt suffer through Alzhiemer's and it was interesting because she first lost memory of the...
  • Commented on Am I forgetting something?
    I did find much of this information to be insightful. Both my great aunt and my grandfather developed Alzhiemer's. My grandpa died before his got bad but my great aunt's Alzhiemer's was pretty bad. It was saddening to see her...
  • Commented on The other world
    Dreams are very fascinating to me as well. Because we over-analyze dreams due to psychics and other "supernatural" beings telling us to, our dreams seem to reflect how we feel because we want them to. It's almost like we are...
  • Commented on Who makes your decisions?
    I think that one day with further technology, people will be able to know what someone will decide with something such as where to eat, since these processes do happen before we realize what answer we want to give. I...
  • Posted Can you memorize all the addresses in your high school's phone book? to Psychology 1001 S23, Sp2012
    Autism is a developmental disease that is caused by problems in the bio-neurogical deveolpment of a child. No one is really sure the exact cause of Autism though. Autism affects many parts of the brain including hindering ones ability to...
  • Commented on Did You Hear That?
    I remember people trying this in middle school and it surprisingly worked occasionally. It was funny because the teachers had no idea what was going on. Interestingly enough, the younger teachers did hear a slight noise sometimes but the older...
  • Commented on Nature Vs. Nurture- A Twins Perspective
    I agree with your statement about twins. The twins I know that are identical or even just the same gender seem to be much more alike than the ones that are different genders. When it comes down to it, children...
  • Commented on Phiten: Powerful or Placebo?
    This is an interesting idea because I know there are bracelets out on the market that claim to help your balance. I've seen many people wear them around and wonder why they believe the extraordinary claims they market gives without...
  • Commented on Nature Vs. Nurture
    I also sometimes wonder whether the parents are to blame for many actions in children's later lives. In my opinion, a lot of how people our age act now is based on their nurture and how they grew up. For...
  • Posted "I can always get rid of the ice cream" Chapter 11 to Psychology 1001 S23, Sp2012
    Chapter 11 mainly focuses on emotions and how the brain processes emotions. One of the focuses in the chapter that caught my eye was obesity and eating disorders. I found it very interesting that the US has created this concept...
  • Posted Human Trafficking - Mail Order Brides to Engaging Justice GWSS 1005
    Human trafficking is a huge phenomena happening all around the world today. Often, we don't hear much about human trafficking so we assume it isn't happening in our country as well, when in fact it is going on here. Traffickers...
  • Posted Justice/Feminism Final Blog to Engaging Justice GWSS 1005
    At the beginning of the semester, when asked to define justice, I defined injustice in order to explain justice. Now I believe that is not the correct way to approach how I define justice. To me, justice is more a...
  • Commented on Disability and Inequality
    I also had no idea that that many veterans were homeless but it completely makes sense with the Post-traumatic Stress Disorder. It's so interesting yet sad that many of the people we see on the streets dealing with disabilities that...
  • Commented on Ableism
    I completely agree with you. I also read this with a heavy heart, mainly because I could relate since I am a female. I was not aware of all of the injustices girls encountered, especially in developing countries and at...
  • Posted "Othering" differently abled people to Engaging Justice GWSS 1005
    I was very interested in our discussion today when someone brought up the topic of what really is the "other" and who decided where to draw the line as the "other". I feel like a lot of times society misses...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from perei049

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page