robe0792

• Posted Remembering Perception to Psychology 1001 S23, Sp2012
    I would have to say that the most interesting and perhaps relevant thing I will remember from this course is the concept of perceiving. It amazes me that our eyes only relay information to our brain and it is truly...
  • Commented on Parenting Styles
    I grew up with a bit of split-style parenting throughout my childhood. I think that this work fairly well for me, but only because I was a pretty responsible individual. My dad sort of let me do what I wanted...
  • Commented on Hypnosis
    I also think that hypnosis is extremely fascinating. For my senior party we had a hypnotist perform for us and I was positive that it was a scam before the show started. Then a few of my friends participated and...
  • Commented on Did You Hear That?
    Funny and interesting subject. I think it simply comes with age. Older people lose their hearing, attended many concerts and perhaps damaged their hearing unintentionally. I do think that it varies though. Some older people have great hearing, while some...
  • Commented on You sleepwalked where?!
    Sleep walking to me is a very curious thing. For someone to do this and have no idea that they are doing it can be so bizarre. I hate dealing with sleep walkers and I have done so on a...
  • Commented on The Alzheimer Epidemic
    Great videos. Alzheimer's is a truly horrible disease, taking the lives of so many loved ones. A lot of us have been directly impacted by this disease and it is tough to deal with. The brain is so powerful, but...
  • Commented on Liar Liar Pants on Fire!
    I agree that it doesn't seem accurate that this man can detect lies. I am sure that some people are fairly good at telling when someone is lying, but it depends on how well you know the person and if...
  • Commented on Children and Technology; is it too much?
    I think that technology is apparent in this changing world. The best way to adapt is to change with it. Introducing technology and giving cell phones to really young children could be wrong, in my opinion. But at the right...
  • Commented on ACT? SAT? IDK!
    I also do not think these tests are extremely fair. I think it is a way to gauge if an individual is extremely bright and intelligent, but at the same time some people are horrible test takers. Preparation plays a...
  • Posted Average? Or Extraordinary? to Psychology 1001 S23, Sp2012
    I wanted to touch on something that really got my attention in a recent discussion. We talked about how based on looks, an individual is likely to pick another individual and find him or her attractive if that person is...
  • Commented on Aggression and Video Games
    I agree. I do not think that playing these games as a child has a heavy influence on the outcome of you becoming more aggressive and violent when you are older. However, I think it also depends on the individual....
  • Posted Emotion In ADs to Psychology 1001 S23, Sp2012
    Were surrounded by them everyday all the time. Advertisements are apart of our life regardless of where we are. TV, billboards, on the internet and in magazines everywhere- advertisers strive to get our attention and seek our responses. They want...
  • Commented on Nature, Nurture, or...
    Very interesting. The fact that twins can be separated at birth and still share unique traits and personality similarities is astonishing. Epigenetics makes sense to me in this case when you say that they had the same nature and nurture...
  • Commented on Self-Control - Nature or Nurture?
    I do believe that drug abuse is primarily at the nurture end of the spectrum with a small bit of nature involved. I look at it as if individuals do have some addictive trait in their genes that may serve...
  • Posted Perception: Seeing what we want to see to Psychology 1001 S23, Sp2012
    Chapter four in our textbook is something that caught my eye. The chapter elaborates on sensation and perception and why our brain works the way it does in terms of perceiving different images as well as experiencing different sensations. The...
  • Commented on What's the underlying cause?
    Very interesting and well put. It's a question that could raise much debate...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from robe0792

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page