Shawna Zielinski

• Posted Fact: All blue-eyed people are LAZY, DUMB, and dishonest. to Psychology 1001 S23, Sp2012
    Have you ever felt discriminated against? Imagine being totally immersed in an inescapable environment in which you were treated as inferior to others whom you may have once thought your equals. Jane Elliott's blue eyes-brown eyes demonstration with her 3rd...
  • Posted Lie to me, baby to Psychology 1001 S23, Sp2012
    Are there human lie detectors? That is what Dr. Cal Lightman serves to be in the TV show, "Lie to Me." As cool as some TV series may be, I think we can all agree that one shouldn't take TV...
  • Commented on Liar, Liar... Why Aren't your Pants on Fire?
    I think that Ekman's research is really interesting. I visited his website and watched several videos, etc. and there seems to be many points of interest in this "micro-expression" behavioral research. It does seem to be effective at detecting emotion,...
  • Posted Baby Geniuses? to Psychology 1001 S23, Sp2012
    After watching the BBC video about the search for consciousness I was interested most in the part about the age at which we gain consciousness. As stated, it's estimated to be around 18-24 months. What I find most interesting...
  • Commented on Gay-Switch Engage
    Interesting idea. I think the issue here is the distinction between attraction and action, in regards to sexual orientation. As you probably know, sexual orientation is often described as a spectrum, rather than a "switch" or dichotomy of sorts. This...
  • Commented on Self-Control - Nature or Nurture?
    I find it interesting to bring drug-abuse into the Nature v. Nurture debate. The one thing that keeps coming up for me throughout this Nature vs. Nurture debate is that of free-will. Every single thing you do or not do...
  • Commented on The Power of Birth Order
    Great post! From my personal experience, I am the eldest, however I was an only child for the majority of my childhood, my younger sister and I are nearly 9 years apart, so it's not the "perfect" case. As the...
  • Commented on Nature Vs. Nurture
    Good blog post. The one thing that keeps coming up for me throughout this Nature vs. Nurture debate is that of free-will. Every single thing you do or not do in your life is the direct result of a choice...
  • Posted It's JUST like Riding a Bike! to Psychology 1001 S23, Sp2012
    What do we mean when we compare bike-riding to another learned task or activity? As discussed in Chapter 7, it means that we rely on a part of our Procedural Memory, a sub-type of our Implicit Long-Term Memory. "Procedural...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from Shawna Zielinski

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page