beau0294

• Commented on Stuck in a rut
    GEtting out of a rut can sometimes be a difficult thing but can also be rewarding when you get out of it. I think we fall victim a lot of the time to getting stuck in ruts when working on...
  • Commented on Lie to me, baby
    Reading someone's face is something I think we all have done in our life. Facial expressions have been proven to be pretty universal throughout cultures and I think the lying faces could be too. Since it is pretty difficult to...
  • Commented on Autism & Perception
    Autism is a very difficult thing to deal with for those families to deal with. I think if they had the ability to constantly provide positive reinforcement for their children, they would benefit was more. But this isn't always possible...
  • Commented on Notable Abnormality
    I agree that things that touch home are some of the things that we remember the best. If a family member is a part of a demographic group one would, more than likely, be apt to defend and relate with....
  • Commented on EXTRA EXTRA!! FACEBOOK CAUSING ALL OF GREECE'S PROBLEMS!!
    I think all of the people that go along with the correlation vs causation fallacy are dumb. It leads society to conform to social norms that aren't always true like the marijuana argument you previously stated. There are many different...
  • Commented on Good=Cookie Bad=Timeout
    Operant conditioning is something that has been going on for about the entirety of my life and I think it is the same for about everyone else as well. We were raised with knowing that when the right thing is...
  • Commented on Remembering Perception
    The perception qualities in everyday life are crazy when we stumble upon them. They are also actually really neat. They stretch our brain to do things that is not comfortable with. In everyday life our brain has to deal with...
  • Commented on Who's actually babysitting your children?
    Having a basic understanding of psychology I think is very necessary for a babysitter! Babysitters that are good are hard to come by for some adults. There are always those adults out there that are very strict and hardly trust...
  • Commented on If you can do it, I can do it
    As a society I think we are always comparing ourselves to each other because that is kind of how we were raised in the Western culture. We are brought up to be competitors starting with sports when we are at...
  • Commented on Come on man, Everyones doing it!
    Conforming in today's culture I think is necessary, to an extent, and omnipresent. When we come to college everyone wants to be their own person but also wants to make friends. They want to put on a good first expression...
  • Commented on Fact: All blue-eyed people are LAZY, DUMB, and dishonest.
    This is an interesting situation at hand. I wonder if this test will still pass the review boards today to be done in a public classroom. Being discriminated against seems to take some harsh psychological tolls on humans as a...
  • Posted Drugs, Drugs and More Drugs to Psychology 1001 S23, Sp2012
    Psychology is a very broad field and offers a large amount of information that can be learned at various times. The spectrum spans from the nature vs. nurture debate all the way to classical conditioning. Choosing a concept that I...
  • Commented on To soft, to hard, or Just right?
    I think that parenting styles differ across and within cultures in today's society. With all of the hustle and bustle we can't always adapt to the perfect style for our children and one that suits them right. I was raised...
  • Commented on The Milgram Study
    This test was also very disturbing to me when I first heard of it. The movie was even more revealing and disheartening in class. It is crazy to think that some people will injure people just because someone tells them...
  • Commented on ACT? SAT? IDK!
    Unfortunately, these tests are not the greatest things out there, I believe. But there is really no way around it. Students need to realize that these standardized tests will not go away and is pretty much the staple for America....
  • Commented on Parenting Styles
    My parents were between the permissive and authoritative styles. Sometimes they let me get away with minuscule things but sometimes I got into deep trouble. This nice, happy mean I felt was a good way to grow up in. I...
  • Commented on Heaven is For Real
    I think Colton has totally fell victim to false information at his young age. Children are very susceptible at young ages and can manipulate their sayings because of it. Misinformation has obviously came to this kid's brain somehow whether it...
  • Commented on Killing Machines or Creative Geniuses?
    I think gaming has been beneficial and detrimental at the same time to our young generation. It is like comparing apples and oranges I think. Developing speed and creativity can be beneficial to young people because those two attributes are...
  • Commented on Parlez-vous Bilingual? Reasons to learn a second language
    I agree that America's schooling system is behind it's time. We don't incorporated many things that we should in our youth. One of the main things is that of teaching foreign language. As we've learned before we can learn foreign...
  • Commented on Liberals vs Conservatives: Who's Right?
    I think in today's society we get absolutely no where because of the liberal and conservatism views. People are at a gridlock because people are either too far to the right or too far to the left. This gridlock is...
  • Posted Do whatever the heck you want or Do exactly what I say or you're grounded? to Psychology 1001 S23, Sp2012
    My parents raised me to be a great person with a mix of different formulas. Sometimes I would get praise for doing something good and other times I would get punished for, say not returning home before curfew. But what...
  • Commented on ESP; survey says we believe in it!
    ESP is a really cool thing. Personally, I know it's not really supported, I enjoy the fact of ESP. I think there are some real ESP phenomenon and some that are fake. This may have come from just social experiences...
  • Commented on Where Does Consciousness Reside In Our Brian?
    I believe that do have consciousness still because their same parts of the cerebrum are still activating. If those are still activating like that of a normal person why not call it even? People should be taken off of life...
  • Commented on Perceive What I Mean?
    These principles are very interesting and unique even though we use them every day and may not know so! Once I though I saw some person off in the distance but it actually turned out to be a tree. A...
  • Commented on Did You Hear That?
    I think this is very interesting and how it relates to the anatomical structure of our ear. I believe this process can be slowed, however, from taking precautionary measures when one is still in their teens. Then, when they are...
  • Posted Holy crap, what the heck was that?! to Psychology 1001 S23, Sp2012
    People are faced with some crazy stuff everyday. If it wasn't for our super intelligent thing in our heads (well more for some than others) we would not be able to survive half as well as we do today. Well...
  • Commented on The Command Center!
    The brain is a very complex thing and just to think all of our brains are different in so many ways. I think this may be one way that the brain develops a mental disorder is because there are so...
  • Commented on <em>Who Switched off Your Brain?</em>
    I think this process can take a long time but you can eventually alter your brain through conscious thought. The genetic make up of your brain can be altered and is constantly altered through time over your nurture. There are...
  • Commented on Self-Control - Nature or Nurture?
    I think that it is a choice for people whether to choose drugs or not for the majority of the explanation. Genetics are always down in there and can play a role with whether or not we do make those...
  • Commented on I thought I wrote this blog entry yesterday...
    Deja vu seems to be a very interesting thing and I feel that it happens to me on a regular basis. In class, when I'm trying to concentrate I look back later on and realize that I totally forgot what...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from beau0294

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page