klein785

• Commented on Good=Cookie Bad=Timeout
    You make a very good point with the aspect of operant conditioning, however I think you example of studying and grades is not the best example. I know many people, including myself, who spend hours studying for a certain test...
  • Commented on EXTRA EXTRA!! FACEBOOK CAUSING ALL OF GREECE'S PROBLEMS!!
    I love how many people had an aspect of this psychological issue in their blogs. This was also one of the topics in this course which will stick with me for many years to come. I find myself falling prey...
  • Commented on If you can do it, I can do it
    I definitely find myself using these techniques as attempts to boost my self esteem, especially as excuses. After reading about this topic it has made me become more aware to the social comparisons present in my own life. This psychology...
  • Commented on Will I Remeber Psychology? Memory Reconstruction
    I completely agree with your conceptions about memory. Sometimes I wish we could just control what we remember, this would come in especially handy around testing days. I have often wondered why I remember certain uneventful aspects of my childhood,...
  • Commented on Autism & Perception
    Almost everyone in this class could most likely say that they know a child affected with some type of autism. I had no clue how many individuals were affect by this disorder, and the extreme escalation in the past 20...
  • Commented on <font color="turquoise">Oh Memories.</font COLOR>
    Great blog content! I have rarely seen the use of color and its brightens and makes this blog more desirable to read already. With the concept of Universal Adaptability and parenting styles, I found that this aspect will also effect...
  • Commented on Let's be rational here...
    Sleep and stress are also difficulties for me as well, especially during finals week. I was extremely surprised to find that for college students to perform as their highest capacity, 8-10 hours of sleep is needed per night. I rarely...
  • Commented on The "Correct" Way to Raise Children
    Consistency, as you said, I believe is one of the most important aspects of parenting. This allows the child to develop also in a consistent healthy manner. With regard to your statement on "As long as the child has the...
  • Commented on You Are Not Alone!
    This blog brings up a extremely good point, especially as students in a large college atmosphere all of us have fallen prey to peer pressure in a negative way. As I was listening to the social psychology lectures, Professor Gonzales...
  • Commented on Blood Type & Personality Traits
    According to the Blood Type A personalities, I match very well with these characteristics. I come from a agricultural family and have been at times considered to be a perfectionist. When I was first reading this blog, it reminded me...
  • Commented on The Battle Against Ignorance
    Correlation versus causation is a psychological topic that will forever remain in debate. After learning this concept, I too noted how my brain always flows to the causation. That person got a bad grade on the test, because they didn't...
  • Commented on Stamp Out Stigma- The U of M Offers FREE Services!
    Great topic for the last blog, especially as we all wrap up the ending of the school year. As everyone knows, students start to get especially stressed out during finals week. This stress could be the start of an anxiety...
  • Commented on How to defend your anxiety
    I notice myself not specifically using one defense mechanism, but demonstrating difference ones for different situations. When stressed out by academics, I tend to demonstrate displacement in the action of exercise. Nothing feels better after you find out a bad...
  • Commented on Flynn effect fluctuation
    A very good point was brought up in this blog. When reading about the Flynn Effect I too wondered how better nutrition was prevalent in IQ tests. And how are we considered to have better nutrition today compared to fifty...
  • Commented on One of the oldest debates in psychology, which side are you on?
    Great generalizations and questions being asked. This is also one of the main topics that caught my attention throughout this semester of psychology. I definitely agree with you that nature and nurture are both present in our physical appearance and...
  • Commented on Ego
    Great description and definition of Sigmund Freud's Ego Model of psychology! You described the model in great detail. A wonderful addition to this blog was be the diagram of this model as an iceberg image. A helpful diagram can be...
  • Posted Who's actually babysitting your children? to Psychology 1001 S23, Sp2012
    After reading almost the entire Psychology 1001 book, the chapter still highlighted in my mind is Human Development, especially regarding childhood development. Coming from a large extended family and being an older relative, I was the professional babysitter for all...
  • Posted Hungry? to Psychology 1001 S23, Sp2012
    Food is a part of every person's regular, daily life. Families usually have designated meal times that are observed at specific times of the day. College students tend to snack at intervals throughout the day or whenever food becomes...
  • Commented on Personal Connections To..... An Ad?
    A angle for advertising is definitely prevalent in this society. Although this method is not used as often as others it is still extremely provoking for the audience watching. Advertisements for donations to non profit organizations especially pull at people's...
  • Commented on You sleepwalked where?!
    While reading this article, I would have never have guessed that sleepwalking was present in 30% of children. I consider that a high percentage. I have never been caught sleepwalking and am not included in the 30%. Although I have...
  • Commented on Can you memorize all the addresses in your high school's phone book?
    Autism affects about 1 child in 110, and 1 in 70 for boys. It is a neurodevelopment disorder, and I don't quite understand how a vaccine would help treat this disorder. You mentioned the vaccines in your blog and then...
  • Posted Breaking a Mirror Means What? to Psychology 1001 S23, Sp2012
    An apple a day keeps the doctor away. If you walk under a ladder, you will have bad luck. To break a mirror will bring you seven years of bad luck. These are all common superstitions that many have heard...
  • Posted All You Need is Love to Psychology 1001 S23, Sp2012
    As February 14th quickly approaches, many people's thoughts turn toward love. But what is the modern conception pertaining to love? Most importantly to thousands of singles, is there some scientific method that would completely define love and allow the...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from klein785

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page