laut0056

• Commented on Does smoking that "GOOD" lead to that "BAD"?
    I agree and think marijuana is a gateway drug. Although this may not be true for some, many people who abuse hard drugs always seem to have started by harmlessly smoking weed and getting high from time to time, which...
  • Commented on If you can do it, I can do it
    I think social comparison is essential in todays world to always hold yourself to a higher standard. With social comparison there is always that push to do better and achieve at a higher level with those your surround yourself with....
  • Commented on Fact: All blue-eyed people are LAZY, DUMB, and dishonest.
    This is an interesting concept that goes to show how performance can be determined by group status and comparison. If a situation creates inequality across a group of people, then the people who are thought less of take on a...
  • Posted Come on man, Everyones doing it! to Psychology 1001 S23, Sp2012
    Psychology proved to be one of my favorite classes this semester but the topic that was most intriguing to myself would have to be conformity. Conformity refers to altering your behavior because of group pressures or to fit into a...
  • Commented on Children and Technology; is it too much?
    Technology is here to stay and is everywhere so it's obvious that children are going to grow up in that kind of society. We grew up before the technological era exploded, so we have the opportunity to take advantage and...
  • Commented on 19 Kids and COUNTING?!
    I agree, having that many children does not seem like it would be possible. You would have to give each child the time it takes to care for them and help them grow up. I would say more then 8...
  • Commented on Average? Or Extraordinary?
    The average person maybe statistically more attractive, just because there are so many of them. Just because they look average doesn't mean they are not attractive, so it is more likely to think an average person is attractive because there...
  • Commented on ACT? SAT? IDK!
    I would have to say that although someone is not good at taking a test, it still measures to some degree how well you will do in the coming years. If so much emphasis is placed on a test, then...
  • Commented on Enough is Enough
    I dont believe there is anything in our brain, Geri, that impacts the amount we learn over a long period of time. I think what happens with people experiencing something similar as yourself is that, as the weather and such...
  • Commented on Hungry?
    I think portion is an interesting thing to look at from a college students perspective. With random class times, homework, and other obligations through out the day its hard to get on a concrete schedule of eating. I often will...
  • Commented on Not hungry... or...
    Media, peer influence, and social context seem to all be tied into eating disorders and are major contributors to such things. One thing that I have always tried to remind myself about people is that you never know what has...
  • Commented on Please keep your distance
    I also agree with this post. Everyone has a personal bubble (not necessarily 1.5-4ft) that measures how comfortable one is when interacting with other individuals. Being a male I find that when another male gets to close I feel the...
  • Commented on IQ Score Matter?
    IQ is an interesting subject when it comes to work performance. A high IQ should obviously have a positive correlation with more critical and analytical jobs that require higher mental abilities. Where this may true in a lot of cases,...
  • Commented on The Milgram Study
    I think it is important to take into account how morally right something is whenever dealing with authority. I tend to be one to question authority in general because its always good to test how credible a person is, and...
  • Commented on You RACIST!
    I think there is no test that can tell you if you have a preference for different races, accurately that is. I believe that there will be some sort of racism or prejudice in everyone from a different race, whether...
  • Posted To soft, to hard, or Just right? to Psychology 1001 S23, Sp2012
    Diana Baumrinds highlighted three major parenting styles that are can be found in most cases of child-to-parent relationships. These styles were permissive, authoritarian, and authoritative and each covers how a parent disciplines and supports their children in different ways. As...
  • Posted Nature Vs. Nurture- A Twins Perspective to Psychology 1001 S23, Sp2012
    After being un-expectantly graced with my twins presence last weekend when she made the trek home from college, the Nature vs Nurture debate entered my mind. Being raised together doesn't exactly add much fact to either side, especially because of...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from laut0056

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page