schw1319

• Posted Autism & Perception to Psychology 1001 S23, Sp2012
    The concept in psychology that I think I'll remember five years from now is the video about autistic children. I absolutely fell in love with its idea. I could not believe that with consistent attention, those children got so much...
  • Commented on Please keep your distance
    I know exactly what you're talking about! In high school there was a new girl that came to the school. She was very friendly but a little too friendly. She was very "in your face" as well. She was not...
  • Commented on IQ Score Matter?
    I think that in order to succeed at a job you need to have all the qualities pointed out. Your need to be smart enough for the job (IQ), have an awesome personality, and be well versed in social situations...
  • Posted What are YOU not telling YOU to Psychology 1001 S23, Sp2012
    I took the Implicit Association Test, called the IAT, and my results were interesting. First of all, this kind of tests determines if you personally associate one topic with another. This was mentioned in the chapter 13 reading of...
  • Commented on Hungry?
    When you started to discuss portion control of Americans I have a personal story that goes along with it. When I was home at Easter a week ago my mom had gotten back from my Grandma's house collecting anything for...
  • Commented on Not hungry... or...
    I have a friend that I have grown up with and she is my best friend. In middle school we both went through out chubby stages and high school we both leaned out a bit. We both loved weight lifting...
  • Commented on Children and Technology; is it too much?
    I was given a family cell phone when I was in 7th or 8th grade. Most of my peers did not have their own personal cell phones. However, I do remember all my friends borrowing their parents' cell phones when...
  • Commented on 19 Kids and COUNTING?!
    Personally, I think this is absurd. I agree with alle0518 that it is not possible for the parents of the family to spend enough time with each child in order for the children to feel like they have two parents....
  • Commented on Baby Einstein: Dont let him teach your babies.
    You asked the question that if no benefits are seen from watching these movies then why are parents still allowing their children to watch them and I think this is because people do not know about this research. This, reading...
  • Commented on Killing Machines or Creative Geniuses?
    I have a comment about the standardized tests. How are we supposed to know what feature causes which feature. It could be possible that the more creative kids seek out to play video games because they are creative instead of...
  • Commented on Ghajini memory loss
    Reading your review of the movie definitely reminded me of the movie called 50 First Dates with Drew Barrymore and Adam Sandler. At the end the two get married and at the beginning of everyday, Sandler shows her a video...
  • Commented on Forget Me Knot.
    I think your theory is very interesting. It would be nice to know ahead of time if you will be diagnosed with the disease, but maybe it would not. I also liked what you said about the "Forget-me-Knots." I am...
  • Commented on Holy crap, what the heck was that?!
    This is such a unique picture that I think I could stare at it for hours! I can only see five horses as well. I think that when artists began creating images that "play with the mind" it would have...
  • Commented on Emotion In ADs
    If I had to sum up this ad I would have to say that it really pulls on your heart strings. I was in DECA in high school, a marketing club, and we used to compete based on many things...
  • Commented on Autism and Vaccinations
    When I read about the mercury poisioning causing autism I immediately thought of Alice in Wonderland. It has been said that the Mad-Hatter was indeed "mad" because his hat contained mercury. Now that the post said that mercury poisoning is...
  • Posted Can't remember ALL your ZHEIMERS? to Psychology 1001 S23, Sp2012
    Alzheimer's is a form of dementia meaning that it changes the memory, behavior, and thinking of its infected. Alzheimer's disease (AD) is actually quite common, especially in older females. Other risks can include high blood pressure, and being related...
  • Commented on Hypnosis
    I actually have a funny story about when I saw my friends become hypnotized. It was the last day of school, senior year in high school, and the school put together a lock-in for all the seniors. One of the...
  • Commented on The other world
    I remember in middle school my science teacher was talking about dreams. He was mentioning about how the brain works. One thing that he said that I will never forget it that at one given moment, like a second or...
  • Commented on The other world
  • Commented on Where Does Consciousness Reside In Our Brian?
    The question of consciousness is so mind boggling. I agree that there is no one part of the brain that contains the consciousness portion. I think that would be too easy of an answer for such a complex question. An...
  • Commented on Did You Hear That?
    This is such an interesting topic. I remembering kids used to do this to their teachers in high school and then the whole class would burst out laughing, not helping the person who actually owns the phone. I do not...
  • Commented on <em>Who Switched off Your Brain?</em>
    That is such an interesting thought that what we do shapes our brain. This whole time I was thinking that the way our brain is made up is waht determines our behaviors. That is a good point. I am glad...
  • Commented on Self-Control - Nature or Nurture?
    To answer your question, I would have to say that there is no brain abnormality for having a habit that you enjoy. Maybe drug use is just a psychological issue instead of biology creating this urge. I do not think...
  • Commented on There are Two Sides to Every Brain
    This misconception reminds me of the misconception that we only use ten percent of our brain. I am so glad that this book clears this up because this is what I have always thought. When I watched the women spinning...
  • Commented on Chapter 12 Overview: Stress
    The image is in the email I sent to you. Thanks....
    Hi, According to my computer my blog is in writing 1. It was in an open discussion last week but I changed it over when you told us to in discussion. I am so confused. P.S. I have attached an...
  • Posted Chapter 12 Overview: Stress to Psychology 1001 S23, Sp2012
    The main concept in this chapter was stress, coping, and health. I found this very fitting because college is obviously one of the most stressful times in our lives. From just skimming the sections I realized there are three different...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from schw1319

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page