stone603

• Commented on Who's actually babysitting your children?
    I think that oftentimes the people picked to babysit are ones who are the oldest in the neighborhood that seem trustworthy or the ones that have been talked about by other parents. I know that I started just watching the...
  • Commented on Notable Abnormality
    I never really thought about this as being something I would remember forever. I think it is because I rarely see things as "abnormal" anyway. I personally don't understand how someone could be labeled a certain way and have it...
  • Commented on EXTRA EXTRA!! FACEBOOK CAUSING ALL OF GREECE'S PROBLEMS!!
    I have noticed this more often since we learned about this too. Along with that I have also noticed confirmation bias more. And with both, I am quite often pointing out simple mistakes in people claiming something is correct. I...
  • Commented on Good=Cookie Bad=Timeout
    Well first, I want to say you have a funny picture that portrays what you are talking about. Second, I find it interesting that operant is the topic you will always remember. I feel like I do not think about...
  • Commented on Remembering Perception
    You're right, perception is a very intriguing topic. My favorite example of perception is that chalk guy's drawings. The way the pictures are taken I actually sometimes believe they are real until I realize they were drawn by a guy...
  • Posted <font color="turquoise">Oh Memories.</font COLOR> to Psychology 1001 S23, Sp2012
    The amount of things I am going to learn in school during the next few years is going to be so vast that what I have learned in psych will probably take a review to remember for the most part....
  • Commented on Do whatever the heck you want or Do exactly what I say or you're grounded?
    I feel that because everyone is different, you cannot parent everyone the same. While some strategies should be universal there are different reasons parents parent the way that they do. My parents are quite authoritative, however when it came to...
  • Commented on Baby Einstein: Dont let him teach your babies.
    I think that yes, if this is all that is used it does not help children learn and can even hinder their learning ability. However, my godson is currently at an age where my sister is putting these shows on...
  • Commented on An essential molecule... A universial cure
    My pediatrician when I was younger told me that if you drink one bottle a day for a year of either soda, fruit juice, gatorade, or even vitamin water you will "gain" roughly 20 pounds. Gain is in quotations because...
  • Commented on 19 Kids and COUNTING?!
    I do not think we can judge whether or not the children get enough love. It wouldn't be fair to, in all honesty. What I think is wrong about this situation is that as the parents get older and they...
  • Commented on Sara Beth
    I agree, I really do. But as there is a line to not accept things, I think that there comes a point where we become over-accepting. I have 2 friends and a cousin who both have to deal with mental...
  • Commented on Average? Or Extraordinary?
    I think that statistically we are said to prefer the average face because in all fairness, if you see a person with an "average" face you have to at least acknowledge their attractiveness. So I think that because we have...
  • Commented on Reading In Between The Lies
    First I want to agree that this show should not have been canceled. Second, I want to say that if I were able to tell when someone was lying to me I would probably just throw them a bone and...
  • Commented on ACT? SAT? IDK!
    I truly believe, and so do many of my friends and family that the ACT tests your ability to take a test. While I think that it can tell a person how they interpret the way things are written,(other than...
  • Commented on Hungry?
    I think you make a great point that the weight increase is due to lack of portion control and giving into cravings. That, and lack of exercise is key to weight gain I believe. Often times I feel that people...
  • Commented on Not hungry... or...
    I just did a group project on eating disorders in my bio class and something we found was that it is more often your surroundings (i.e. family, friends, etc) and has a great deal to do with how low or...
  • Posted You RACIST! to Psychology 1001 S23, Sp2012
    When you take an Implicit Association Test (IAT), it tests those unconscious prejudices. There are many different tests in order to see prejudices towards many different things, (gender, religion, race, age, etc) . In the case of the picture...
  • Commented on You sleepwalked where?!
    I have heard that it is also dangerous to wake up a person sleep walking because they could be having a nightmare and lash out on you. Anyhow, I know someone who would also get ready for school in the...
  • Commented on Chocolate...?
    To respond to weisp010, I feel that while yes, animals are "simple" to train, there also needs to be some sort of understanding from a person. Animals are still animals and when excited may not always listen. Take the 3...
  • Commented on Breaking a Mirror Means What?
    I don't know if the superstitions are followed because of where they originated from, not to general public at least. Generally, I feel that unless a person is from the culture the superstition originates from, then they don't actually know...
  • Commented on The Power of Birth Order
    I can see how this would make sense for a lot of families, however of the three children, I am the middle child. My older sister is not that much of a risk taker, she will do things here or...
  • Commented on Who makes your decisions?
    There is a movie called Minority Report. It is about 3, I believe, human beings that are able to see the future. They, to my best ability to remember, are called precogs and what happens is when someone forms the...
  • Commented on School sucks. Is it worth it?
    I have to say, this brings up a lot of intriguing questions. However, as in most things in psychology I don't think there is a simple question or a simple answer to any of the questions. There are people that...
  • Commented on Autism and Vaccinations
    We discussed vaccinations, the possibility of them causing Autism, and whether or not we should use vaccinations in general because of this in Human Biology. A great point that was brought up by the TA is that when this vaccination...
  • Commented on The unfortunate truths of Alzheimer's
    Currently there isn't a cure close because, as yous said, there is not any found reason as to why this occurs. There has been testing on the chemicals in the brain to see if that could be the cause but...
  • Posted Forget Me Knot. to Psychology 1001 S23, Sp2012
    I have this theory, when I'm older I am going to have Alzheimer's. Seems like a silly thing, but I mostly mean it. Throughout the day, I forget things, things that I should not forget, like what I had...
  • Commented on Those crazy Brits
    As in the summer, weekends have less structure for students and it may be that the increasing freedoms increases participation in risky activities as it also influences criminal activity. Not saying that it is just students, but people in general...
  • Commented on Phiten: Powerful or Placebo?
    I agree with it being more of a placebo. My brother, my father, and I all ended up trying a Phiten bracelet all attempting to believe it would truly help us in fitness. However, we all found that it really...
  • Commented on There are Two Sides to Every Brain
    It is interesting to take these quizzes and hear that I am supposed to be more analytical and scientific. While I have always been good at science and like to analyze things. Yet, I have always been quite imaginative and...
  • Commented on Somebody HELP!
    Even if they had a gun or other means to easily harm you?...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from stone603

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page