strom393

• Posted One of the oldest debates in psychology, which side are you on? to Psychology 1001 S23, Sp2012
    Nature Vs. Nurture, we all have our opinion on what this phrase means to us and what side of the debate we feel is most influential to our daily lives. For me this will forever be a fight inside my...
  • Posted Wait what, you have never been grounded? to Psychology 1001 S23, Sp2012
    Permissive is exactly how I would explain my parents parenting style throughout my childhood years. Not the permissive style that Regina George's mom from Mean Girls takes in this video here. My parents took a more subtle approach. For me,...
  • Commented on Sara Beth
    When reading those post, I just thought of the effect that having a family member with something such as down syndrome would affect them dramatically. I really like the fact that you do mention the fact that people with disabilities...
  • Commented on Baby Einstein: Dont let him teach your babies.
    I don't think that screen time has necessarily made the population less smart but has done other damage. I think it has changed peoples motivation due to rewards. The fact that since they "learn" that they are gaining knowledge by...
  • Commented on Hungry?
    I would like to think that weight gain increase in the United States is due to portion size. As we grew up the portion sizes seemed to increase throughout McDonalds. Looking at the portion sizes now they seem to be...
  • Commented on Not hungry... or...
    I believe that everyone of these factors has an effect on the status of the eating disorder. I would have to say it depends on the age that the disorder happens. Becoming a teenager and finally getting to read those...
  • Commented on To soft, to hard, or Just right?
    I grew up with a permissive parenting style and what I have learned is that each person has their own fit to what technique would be most beneficial in their childhood. For me the permissive technique worked just fine. I...
  • Commented on 19 Kids and COUNTING?!
    Growing up with only one other sibling I can not attest to having more people around the house but I do know the affect it has on some of my friends. One of my friends is the youngest of 5...
  • Commented on Reading In Between The Lies
    I find this entire topic very interesting. I always like to think that I have an idea when people are lying or pushing the truth but this article shows the logical side of things. I think a great point that...
  • Commented on Please keep your distance
    I feel as if this is a very common theme. Sometimes I will find myself backed into a corner after talking to someone because I have to continue to back up to keep my personal space from being invaded. I...
  • Commented on The Milgram Study
    This blog post brings up a very interesting topic regarding how far is too far. When you had mentioned the fact that obedience could most definitely be taken to the next level as it does in the Milgram study, I...
  • Posted Children and Technology; is it too much? to Psychology 1001 S23, Sp2012
    After talking about the affects on children from violent television shows in discussion it raised another question in my head, "Does technology in general harm children and introduce them to something that has the possibility to allow the child to...
  • Commented on The other world
    When I was younger I used to have a reoccurring dream. It was more of a night terror and I was always being chased around. The events would happen in the same order and I would wake up at the...
  • Commented on Who makes your decisions?
    This is a topic I think about a lot. When planning for a big event or making a big decision, I always try to figure out the best decision to make and how the outcome will be. During this anxiety...
  • Commented on Killing Machines or Creative Geniuses?
    After reading the post, I thought about how this new theory could be true. After realizing that it is very possible to become more creative and act faster on decisions, my outlook on video games changed. Thinking of a violent...
  • Commented on Forget Me Knot.
    I think that in college we all experience a little more of the "forgetfulness" than we are used to. With the extra stress, as well as less sleep, we tend to forget the little things and focus on the other...
  • Posted What are children missing out on while watching television? to Psychology 1001 S23, Sp2012
    When I think back to my childhood I realize, "Wow, I did watch a lot of television and movies." With all the new technology that has arrived since I've reached my teenage years, it seems as if we never did...
  • Commented on The Power of Birth Order
    This blog post could sum up my childhood! I only have one sibling, a younger sister by three years. We are very different in the exact ways the study has laid out for us. I am the over-achiever, always aiming...
  • Commented on The other world
    It is interesting that you arise the question of whether or not the story or thoughts of our dreams are really what you feel. What came to mind is the saying "a drunk mind speaks a sober heart." How can...
  • Commented on Emotion In ADs
    Being a marketing major, my life consists of investigating what makes customers intrigued. Getting their attention is the main focus point of all ads and second to sell the product to the customers. I agree that the company does use...
  • Commented on You sleepwalked where?!
    As a sleepwalker when I was younger, I can definitely attest to the strange happenings of sleep walking. I was the sleep walker that would get up get ready for school and then finally snap out of it shortly before...
  • Commented on Nature Vs. Nurture- A Twins Perspective
    This post brings up an interesting topic. Me and my sister, the only children of the family, are complete opposites. Besides the faint similarities in our faces, no one would ever know that we were related. I think this may...
  • Posted ESP; survey says we believe in it! to Psychology 1001 S23, Sp2012
    Coming across this link to an article and comments regarding the findings of ESP, and more specifically the teachings of ESP, my mind jumped back to a spot in our textbook regarding the thoughts centered around ESP. Our textbook shows...
  • Commented on Those crazy Brits
    I would have to agree with the previous comments. Over the weekend people enjoy their free time and relax from their long week of work, school, or whatever it may be. Alcohol may be a mayo factor in the death...
  • Commented on Phiten: Powerful or Placebo?
    I think this is such an interesting topic and it can really relate to any situation. Every sports product on the market allows you to "skate faster, jump higher, run longer" but do they really or is it just in...
  • Posted Nature Vs. Nurture to Psychology 1001 S23, Sp2012
    After reading the blog based off of nautre/nuture a strong question arised. How much blame do a childs parents really deserve, are their parents to blame? Where does the line stop? And what do we constitue it as, nature or...
  • Posted Do we think in words? to Psychology 1001 S23, Sp2012
    Chapter 8 has in-depth analysis of something that comes as second nature to us; language. Fascinating, yet overlooked questions arise such as the one you see above. Do we truly think in words? Do we speak before actually speaking? First,...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from strom393

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page