seabu016

• Commented on When all you know is a lie.
    The notebook is my favorite movie. I absolutely love it. I think the story plot is amazing. It tells the story of two young people falling in love, but like you also mentioned it shows the severity of Alzehimers and...
  • Commented on First kid, the smartest one?
    I found your post very interesting. When this was discussed in lecture I was very surprised. I knew environmental aspects could have an effect on intelligence but I did not know birth order could have an effect! I agree with...
  • Commented on coping strategies for stress
    I found the coping with stress chapter very helpful. Especially with finals coming up! I also agree with zhoux637 when they said although they are helpful with dealing with stress it is often easier said then done. It is really...
  • Commented on Memorable Moments in Learning
    I also thought this was interesting. I find it amazing how much the human brain can be transformed depending on the learning environment. I was surprised to learn how much the environment has an impact on how a person learns...
  • Posted Looking down the road to Psychology 1001 Sections 10-11 Spring 2012
    Although I have learned a lot from psychology 1001 I think the thing I will remember the most is the six principles of critical thinking. These principles have been pounded over and over in our heads throughout the entire book....
  • Commented on Popular Culture on: Love and Marriage
    I completely agree with you. I think popular media has taken things to far. I think it should be the goal for couples to want to have a consummate relationship, having a balance of all three aspects of the relationship....
  • Commented on Beauty and Body Piercings
    I found your post very interesting. I completely agree with you about perhaps beauty is based upon modifying different body appearances in different cultures. This past summer I was in New Zealand. Many of the natives have tattoos on their...
  • Commented on Asian Parents are STRICT!
    I can relate to you. When I was younger my dad was more on the authoritative end of parenting. I also felt like I could never do anything and he was so strict all the time. Towards the end of...
  • Commented on Say YES to the Dress
    This show is one of my favorites on TLC. I think it is very entertaining. I will admit I have spent times looking through bridal magazines, or online websites searching for the "perfect dress". However there is a difference, I...
  • Posted Beauty, in the eye of the beholder? to Psychology 1001 Sections 10-11 Spring 2012
    This past summer I spent a month in New Zealand on a volunteer trip. I was surprised to see so many people with tattoos. I found this interesting because although tattoos are popular in the United States, what surprised me...
  • Commented on Calculus Frustration
    This is so true! I have had this problem many times, especially in school work. I agree with you completely. It is important to keep an open mind and be aware of other aproaches to situations. In life there are...
  • Commented on Divorce and Children
    Your blog also caught my attention. My parents also have divroced. My father remarried and several years later divorced again. I agree with you that divorce effects each child differently. My parents divorced when I was in the third grade....
  • Commented on Bandura: The Bobo Beater
    I thought this experiment was very interesting. It amazed me how the little girl started to beat the Bobo doll. She seemed so sweet. Yet after watching the adult beat the doll she thought it was normal to do. I...
  • Commented on Classical Conditioning, Believability and Abercrombie "Push-up Bra's" for kids
    I agree with you. It is important to recognize how advertising works and for the consumer to be aware. You were right on with your description of how the store wants to make teenagers feel. When I was in middle...
  • Commented on Sybil- Multiple Personality Disorder
    You mentioned that multiple personality disorder is believed that it stems from a traumatic experience and that multiple personality disorder is thus used as a coping mechanism. In the book do they say if Sybil experienced a traumatic event? If...
  • Commented on Are violent video games making our generation more violent?
    I agree with you. I think playing violent video games can contribute to violence, however, it does not directly induce bad behavior. I also think having constant exposure to violence makes children think that violence is normal. I think it...
  • Posted The gray matter to Psychology 1001 Sections 10-11 Spring 2012
    Who is in charge of your decisions? Your conscious or ??? (Scene 47:53-end) Based upon the scene the conscious mind is made up of a correlation of neurons that react by images and sounds. It is this interconnectivity of neurons...
  • Commented on Grand Theft Childhood?
    I agree with you that violence in video games doesn't necessarily cause kids to become violent. However I think exposing kids to violent situations and making it seem normal to kill someone in a game could increase the chances of...
  • Commented on Blog 2: On Dropping Out of School and Becoming a Gypsy
    I found your post to be quite interesting. I also find my self having a span of weeks where I feel like things have occurred freakishly similarly. I found my self thinking, wow I just thought about that! What are...
  • Commented on 2012: A Claim With Poor Evidence
    I agree with you. I think people are reading way to much into something that has extraordinary claims. After all like you said I don't think they had a reason to continue with it. Their calendar was already pretty long....
  • Commented on DREAMS: THE SECRET LIFE
    Dreams fascinate me. Like you I am interested in learning more about them during this semester in psychology. It amazes me how vivid dreams can be. Like you I also have a reoccurring dream. I however do not have an...
  • Commented on Two Twins Different Families
    I also found this movie clip in class very interesting. I myself have an identical twin. I have always wondered if we are alike because we were raised together or if we naturally like the same things. This study is...
  • Commented on What is psychology, anyway? A summary of Chapter 1
    Before reading this chapter, and attending lecture I had an idea of what psychology was. I always thought psychology to be related to testing people and seeing reactions that occurred from the tests. However psychology is much more then that!...
  • Commented on Chapter Nine: Intelligence and IQ
    I find this chapter very interesting. I think it is incredibly hard to rate ones intelligence. Someone may be incredibly book smart and know everything there is to know about a topic. Someone else may be incredibly street smart, and...
  • Commented on Chapter 7 - Memory
    I enjoyed reading your summary about chapter seven. I look forward to learning more about memory and the mechanics behind it. I had no idea short term memory was actually so short. In fact I thought it meant it was...
  • Commented on Chapter 5
    This chapter sounds really interesting. I enjoyed reading your summary about it and I am looking forward to learning more. I find dreams so interesting because it seems so much more is possible when we are asleep. Its amazing how...
  • Commented on Chapter 3:
    I thought chapter three was very interesting. I agree with you about how it was interesting to see what areas of the brain are responsible for different actions. It was pretty amazing to learn all the capabilities of the...
  • Posted Chapter Twelve to Psychology 1001 Sections 10-11 Spring 2012
    Stress, Coping, and Health Chapter twelve starts out about stress. The chapter explains what stress is and the different types of stress people experience. The different approaches to stress are as a stimuli ( that is focusing on identifying different...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from seabu016

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page