cadwa012

• Commented on Blogs 3 elephant training
    I think elephant training is a very interesting topic. It reminds me of the book/movie Water For Elephants. I think most animals will achieve what you want them to if you treat them with respect. i do not think people...
  • Commented on Like Father Like Son...Kinda?
    I agree completely. I do not believe we will ever be able to prove whether it is nature or nurture. I think we will just have to realize that both are counter acting on every situation in our lives. I...
  • Commented on Biology of Sleeping, Eating and Exercising
    I really take pride in my well being and your post made a clear demonstration on easy ways to prioritize that to others. I also try to get 9 hours a sleep every night, generally it doesn't happen, but its...
  • Commented on Now I'm not trying to be a Negative Nelly, but....
    I really appreciated this blog! I definitely fall into the category of making a just to receive the points. Your blog was honest and got to a great point. General class are filled with numerous vague terms and light mention...
  • Commented on The Bachelor: Who will get the rose this time?
    That is such a good point about the thrill seeking dates. They always to outrageous things, so I could see how it would be hard not to form some type of bind with one another....
  • Commented on Parenting - Waaaaay Down the Road
    I completely agree. Working in a child care center makes me want to have kids, but definitely not now. I think you can really tell by a child's behavior what type of parenting style the guardian uses....
  • Commented on Looking down the road
    I agree as well. I think out of the six the correlation vs causation is the one that I will think about the most. It could be A cause B or you could even have a C. I did not...
  • Posted Chunkinggg to Psychology 1001 Sections 10-11 Spring 2012
    I think of the concepts from psychology that I will definitely remember and use often is chunking. Chunking is organizing information into meaningful groupings, allowing us to extend the span of short-term memory. It a concept that we use...
  • Posted Kids Say the Darnedest Things to Psychology 1001 Sections 10-11 Spring 2012
    4. Do you have a chld of 2 to 7 years in your life? Look at some aspect of language development or read about Piaget's stages of cognitive development(page 373-374) and try a conservation experiment with him or her. Alternatively,...
  • Posted Oh where do I go, where do I go? to Psychology 1001 Sections 10-11 Spring 2012
    Being a PSEO student with the May 1st college decision deadline quickly approaching, so many decisions are in the process of being made. Kahneman & Tversky's Prospect theory comes largely into play. An over view of the Prospect theory is...
  • Commented on Where did I put that?
    I think onwe of the scary things is not knowing if you are suffering from Alzheimer's or just getting old. Watching my grandparents get older, my parents are constantly on the look out for things to go wrong or another...
  • Commented on Alzheimer's and Love
    The Notebook is one of my all time favorite movies. I do agree with mention that it is an example of Hollywood's glorification of a serious illiness. The movie does to a good job of showing the emotional and strenuous...
  • Commented on R.I.P. - My lifelong belief in "The Hot Hand"
    I found your post so interesting. I don't think we realize how often our own bias gets in the way of our perception of things. We tend to overlook obvious factors because it is more fun to only look at...
  • Commented on Grand Theft Childhood?
    I thought it was interesting how there has research done and no results have been found to show that violent video games cause violence in the users and efforts are still being made to put a higher tax on the...
  • Posted Chapter 1: Psychology and Scientific Thinking to Psychology 1001 Sections 10-11 Spring 2012
    Chapter 1, Psychology and Scientific Thinking, is primarily on the basic history and terminology of psychology. It explains the main factors that make psychology a challenging science. One of the main reasons it is so challenging, is due to the...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from cadwa012

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page