and02508

• Commented on Contact Comfort
    I thoroughly enjoyed learning about this study because before I read this I would've automatically assumed that the first instinct would have been to go and stay where the food is, but rather the monkeys went to the most comfortable...
  • Commented on The Definition of Beauty
    This is a very interesting topic because cultures have such a different view on what beauty truly is. Some believe that having a longer neck makes a woman more attractive and some believe that it is the averageness of the...
  • Commented on Love and Marraige according to You, Me, and Dupree
    I would first of all disagree that the good looks were what for sure brought them together even though I wouldn't be surprised...Just because two people are good looking doesn't necessarily mean that they were only attracted to each other...
  • Commented on Say YES to the Dress
    Relationships can come from a lot of different situations, with one in five coming from online. This is the similarity aspect, but I definitely think that the reciprocity aspect of relationships is the most important....
  • Commented on Asian Parents are STRICT!
    Although I am white I definitely noticed that asian parents truly did resemble the authoritarian style much more than the typical caucasian american family. All of my friends that were asian had much stricter parents than my caucasian friends and...
  • Commented on Positive Attitude after A Big Deal
    Very comical how you decided to use south park, but this is a cool topic because group psychology is very important in everyday life. The door in the face technique comes in very often in jobs in real life all...
  • Commented on Psychological Disorders in Film: Rain Man
    I actually had always heard about the movie and then saw something about it this semester in psychology and then went and watched it. It was very interesting how much psychology is in it. With Charlie not wanting to like...
  • Commented on Angel vs. Devil
    This is a cool way to look at this and I think it's very true, because you usually see in movies the devil come up first with the id and tell the person to do something, and then morals and...
  • Commented on What is Love? Baby don't hurt me.
    I really like this blog post because it hits some key aspects to love and marriage. A lot of marriages end because people are attracted just physically and don't have that emotional connection that is necessary. I have also noticed...
  • Commented on Regression as Defense Mechanism
    This is very interesting, but would you say that listening to music and songs that are from your past is more of deja vu or regression? I listen to a lot of music that brings me back to my childhood,...
  • Commented on First kid, the smartest one?
    I think this is an interesting topic for sure. In my family I would definitely say that my older brother is the most intelligent, but I wouldn't say he is the wisest. He tends to make a lot of mistakes...
  • Commented on Advertising and Classical Conditioning
    This is definitely a cool topic because it toys with the human mind so much. Coca Cola does a great job in this advertisement of doing this, and making you crave a coca cola when being on a beach with...
  • Commented on Psychology in the Future
    I definitely agree with you on all your points here. I also have learned in college as well as psychology that chunking is the best way to study, rather than cramming right before a final. I will be trying to...
  • Posted Conforming to Psychology 1001 Sections 10-11 Spring 2012
    Something that we've recently been talking about that I think is very interesting is the study done by Asch. Conformity is very relevant in everyday life. The test done by Asch is very interesting because we'd all like to think...
  • Commented on Peers vs Parents
    Interesting topic and I definitely agree on some levels. I think the main thing to consider is what you are doing at the moment either looking for your peers or parents influence. If it has something to do with getting...
  • Commented on Say What?
    I really enjoy this post because it is so true. Someone's mood can be completely portrayed in a text. I've noticed it very much. Having a girlfriend for over two years, and texting basically all day every day, you find...
  • Commented on Throw our IQ/Standardized Testing
    I agree with you in a lot of sections on this topic, but I also agree with the person who left a comment before me. I don't know if there is any other way (other than the ACT or SAT)...
  • Commented on Parenting Styles
    Very interesting post. I like how you bring up the fact that there is no guarantee this is correct across different cultures. When I think about this topic, I imagine the difference between white middle class parents and how they...
  • Posted Video Games and their impact to Psychology 1001 Sections 10-11 Spring 2012
    Video games have been talked about a lot in the last week or two of class and that's what I'd like to hit on here. Before learning about some of the research for video gaming and children, my immediate thoughts...
  • Commented on Injuries in Sports
    Interesting blog...the first time I saw the statistic about bicycling accidents being among the top of the list in injuries I was shocked, but when you think about it there are a ton of crashes and a ton of people...
  • Commented on Grand Theft Childhood?
    Interesting blog...I have to say that I disagree a lot with what Fourkiller says about video games. I don't think the video games have anything to do with how a kid grows up...it has everything to do with the nurture...
  • Commented on Sport's Psychology
    Very cool blog. I definitely agree with your analysis of how one can be over prepared, under prepared or prepared. it truly is amazing how you can picture doing something correctly and our muscles will "remember" this way of doing...
  • Posted Wait I can get away with only 15 minutes a day?? to Psychology 1001 Sections 10-11 Spring 2012
    How much should the average person exercise each day in order to stay healthy? 60 minutes right? I found three articles that argue different prognosis's. The first article from the Hear t Health Center talks about how assuming people can...
  • Posted Chapter 1 to Psychology 1001 Sections 10-11 Spring 2012
    Chapter one focuses a lot on the basic principles of Psychology. It gives multiple terms as to how humans want to always be right (confirmation bias and belief perseverance) as well as a lot of information about pseudoscience and...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from and02508

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page