aase0073

• Commented on Milgram Experiment
    I am also going to hold onto this information throughout my life because it is important to ask ourselves why are we doing what we are doing. I think that we can use the results of this experiment to explain...
  • Commented on Memorable Psychology Concepts
    What a great picture! This is interesting, it makes me want to stand out, why? Just because I want to see what happens when I don't conform to others beliefs. I think that in part, a well functioning society needs...
  • Commented on My defenses are impenetrable
    I like your post! Defense mechanisms are so interesting and so useful to have an understanding of. It is great to know when we are toiling with a problem and if we are able to catch ourselves "rationalizing" or "projecting"...
  • Posted Learning, behavior and EMOTIONS to Psychology 1001 Sections 10-11 Spring 2012
    This semester, I have most enjoyed studying learning, behavior and emotions because they are, like many other subjects in psychology, elements of human nature. My favorite part about each of these subjects is seeing what psychological processes we have...
  • Commented on Who am I, who are you?
    I think that personality is absolutely something that is a compilation of all the things that pyschologists have found so far. It is important to remember that each set of research and results is a part of the whole picture...
  • Commented on Memorable Moments in Learning
    It is so very awesome that we are able to even notice these things! Learning about the process of learning, how ironic and amazing. I agree completely, I think that psychology has a HUGE place in education and social/behavioral psychology...
  • Commented on Rise of the Planet of the Apes
    I love the last guys pose in the picture..such a classy human. I wonder how long back these traits would really carry back, surely thousands of years is a long time, long enough to develop a fearful response to a...
  • Commented on Language
    I like what you said in your last point that someone would have two words for every idea. I also think that bilingual children might develop a preference for the language they are more comfortable with or that they have...
  • Commented on Looking down the road
    I completely agree these principles of critical thinking are not only useful in Psych class or in science but in all aspects of life. I find myself daily or maybe weekly saying something nerdy like, "well that's not falsifiable". I...
  • Commented on Heuristics and Judging
    Hey, I have felt very much the same way especially when during my teen years, when I began to really notice that some people were really different from me. Like you said, and as some lecturers had said "we are...
  • Commented on Beauty and Body Piercings
    It is interesting to look at indigenous societies that like you said, value certain extreme body modifications like neck stretching, foot breaking and HUGE gauges. We can shape our bodies so much and I think that certain societies have found...
  • Commented on Relationships and all that comes with it.
    So this is why I have a crush on all my neighbors! Ha, hey I liked your blog it was a good application of what we have learned about to the real world. It's really cool that psychologists can identify...
  • Commented on Have you had a demon visit you at night???
    This is pretty interesting. From what you said about your mother and your brothers' circumstances it sounds like when we go to sleep with a certain level of arousal or anxiety we are more prone to experiencing this. Almost like...
  • Commented on I can do anything better than you!
    You said "healthy competition" and I thought immediately of capitalism and how that it is a way that we live in America. But I am interested in whether this is the same way that people excel in life outside of...
  • Commented on Are First Born Kids The Best?
    Like you said, it is very hard to generalize this information appropriately seeing as how it is focused on a single variable and does not take into account other variables. I have a good friend who an only child but...
  • Posted combatting racism today in America to Psychology 1001 Sections 10-11 Spring 2012
    Recent news of a teenage boy being killed by an older man has brought to light that while our country has come a long way from the terrors of slavery against African Americans, the problem remains. An African American teenager...
  • Commented on Divorce and Children
    Hey, your blog caught my attention because my parents got divorced a couple of years ago, when I was 16, and I am now at age 18 trying to understand how divorce happens and how it affects those involved. I...
  • Commented on Calculus Frustration
    Yes, calculus is a great example of the fixed functional/mental set problem that happens oh so often. A lot of math classes require memorization and generally a single or a couple of methods to solve problems. However, even though math...
  • Commented on "Do you think our love can make miracles?" -Allie (The Notebook)
    "Do you think love can make miracles?"-good question. I am optimistic of miracles and making the impossible happen; I wonder if Alzheimer's would normally permit a brief period of insight into the lost abilities. From what I understand a key...
  • Commented on Harry Harlow's loving monkeys
    How interesting! Good post. I think that the research into physical contact and comfort is really interesting because it is a huge part of human relations too. I know that when infants aren't held a lot as babies, as the...
  • Commented on Cat Speak: Beyond the Lolcat
    I LOVE CATS! I have always recognized cats for being selfish animals who love attention and work for it. But like you said, cats rely on their owners to be taken care of and when most cats are moderately charming...
  • Commented on Alzheimers.
    I don't know a lot about alzheimer's, but that it would be a very difficult disease to have and to work through. It sounds like keeping an active mind and body aid in overall well-being and a healthy brain. As...
  • Commented on Classical Conditioning, Believability and Abercrombie "Push-up Bra's" for kids
    I really like how you connected this super relevant topic to something that we've all seen but don't always recognize what is happening. I think you did a great job identifying what tactics the store uses to achieve classical conditioning...
  • Commented on Autism: Paranoid or Prepared?
    I think your last sentence is really important, that parents seem to think it's "more important for parents to discover if they are autistic instead of simply valuing their child's health". This problem started as a health issue and now...
  • Commented on What helps keep us aware of ourselves and the world around us?
    Really good post! I find it interesting that the electrodes elicited such different responses depending on the individual being awake or not. When I compare the information you stated to what theory I find most appealing to describe dreams, I...
  • Commented on The Truth About Autism
    I think that research in this area will continue to grow as our understanding of the impact of our genes has on our health. Maybe someday genetic counselors will know how to intervene in the early stages of development. At...
  • Commented on Who is in charge of making your decisions, your consciousness or your unconscious brain?
    Good post. It's cool that there is a specific interval (6 seconds) in which our brain activity is brought into light of our awareness. Because neural messages pass so quickly between each other, in a couple of seconds the sensation...
  • Commented on Where does consciousness reside?
    I read the article and liked the "astonishing hypothesis" which says, "that our thoughts, sensations, joys and aches consist entirely of physiological activity in the tissues of the brain", meaning that everything we are aware of can be attributed to...
  • Commented on What Adults Can't Hear..Are the rumors true?
    I've always wondered myself why it is that "one is less likely to hear a ringing in their ears when they're older" and I wonder if these two run along the same lines. It's pretty cool that you and your...
  • Commented on How long should the average adult exercise each day?
    IT would be cool if someone researched a couple of specific variables in relation to the amount of exercise someone gets. For example, by studying the heart health of two individuals with similar blood pressure and other extraneous health concerns,perhaps...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from aase0073

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page