mouax315

• Commented on Could a Strict Diet Ease (or possibly cure) Autism?
    This is a very interesting post. I think that people should be aware of the treatments, if they will really cure autism or not. Sometimes some treatments actually don't show any correlation. I think the diet sounds kind of harsh....
  • Commented on Is the Dog Whisperer magic?
    It's amazing what classical conditioning can do. I think that's a really bright way of conditioning a dog to behave well while having a walk outside. I used to have a dog and I have experienced classical conditioning with her....
  • Commented on Who is in charge of making your decisions, your consciousness or your unconscious brain?
    This post was really interesting to read. I thought it was interesting when you said our conscious is what lead us to our decisions and how we lead our life. I guess it is reasonable that our brains actually make...
  • Commented on Shopping for Perfection
    Yes, this is very true for women. A lot of us women really care about the way we look and advertisers know how to draw us into products. After trying the product, some of us may realize that the results...
  • Posted What helps keep us aware of ourselves and the world around us? to Psychology 1001 Sections 10-11 Spring 2012
    I found the BBC Horizon video extremely helpful in understanding our consciousness between being awake and being asleep and how it tells us about our sense of self. Marcus de Sautoy decides to be involved in an experiment that will...
  • Commented on Chapter 3: Biological Psychology
    You summarized this chapter well! There were so many things involved in this chapter and so many new concepts. I thought that the somatic and autonomic nervous system was also very interesting too, because emotion is a very complex topic...
  • Commented on What is psychology, anyway? A summary of Chapter 1
    You summarized this chapter very well. Before taking this course, I knew that Psychology was somewhat about the human brain and behavior and also heard that this class is hard. After reading chapter one, I was more interested in psychology...
  • Commented on Chapter 11: Emotions
    Your blog was really interesting to read. Emotion is a really exciting topic that I can not wait to learn about. When you talked about the Facial Feedback Hypothesis, it reminded me of the cartoon experiment we were all apart...
  • Commented on The Brain: The Communicator
    I liked how you compare the brain to a business. Very creative! There are so many activities going on in our brains that we don't even recognize or notice and I think that it is very cool to actually read...
  • Posted Chapter 7 Memory to Psychology 1001 Sections 10-11 Spring 2012
    The paradox of memory (page 243) suggests that "the same memory mechanisms that serve us well in most circumstances can sometimes cause us problems in others." It is interesting to know that what makes us "good/well" can also cause problems...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from mouax315

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page