osswa003

• Commented on Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire
    I personally think that lie detectors are a very bad way to try and detect truth because of how it actually works. Because it only detects arousal, I think it can be very misread. I know that personally if I...
  • Commented on Similarity=Comfort´╝č
    I think it is very true that people tend to hang out with those that are similar to them, sometimes without even noticing. When we had to do our observational surveys for psych discussion one group observed similarities within groups....
  • Commented on Middle is First
    I haven't had a lot of personal examples to go off of, but the few families I have known to have three children follow these stereotypes perfectly! I have also noticed that even when there are two siblings they tend...
  • Commented on What is Love? Baby don't hurt me.
    I loved the imagery in this blog it was so cheesy (in a good way) and right on point for typical cliches! It is hard to find the line between love and what we think will provide us with the...
  • Commented on Emergency? What emergency?
    I think the bystander effect is always an interesting one to talk about. It can be so true in situations and so opposite in others (like in the one that was just described). I also find it very interesting how...
  • Commented on Picking Up Chicks
    I thought this blog was pretty humorous but also technically true. What I love about psychology is that it is a science, but it can be applied to basically anything. I think that's why I found the class so interesting,...
  • Commented on Stresssssss
    I liked learning about the causes of stress as well, especially being a college kid, stress is a second nature so it's great to know all the different elements that might be causing it. I think it is helpful to...
  • Commented on Is what you see, what you get?
    I totally agree that every time I see an advertisement, I try to pick out what they're using to sell their product. I always find it interesting and also find that advertisements are less effective on me because I know...
  • Commented on Where Do I Stand?
    I really like the last sentence you said about instead of comparing yourself to what others have achieved, compare yourself to what you want to achieve. I agree that comparing yourself to someone more 'superior' can be motivational, but inversely...
  • Commented on The Definition of Beauty
    Beauty is always such a controversial topic, and I've always thought it was interesting how across different cultures 'beauty standards' vary so much. I do think that women can rely heavily on superficial looks, but can they really be blamed...
  • Commented on Memorable Moments in Learning
    I also agree that learning about how learn was extremely interesting, because it is not something that one thinks about when actually in the process of learning. I think my favorite part of lecture about learning was the video where...
  • Commented on The Future... in 5 years.
    I agree that classical conditioning is something that will often be used in the future! Even sometimes when we might not notice. It is a great tool to use and implicate, especially for teaching young children about behavior. Even as...
  • Commented on The Bachelor: Who will get the rose this time?
    I also agree that this show is ridiculous, yet so addicting! Your points about how psychology is involved are very true, of course anybody is going to have a great date when you're put on a ship in tahiti or...
  • Posted She's Got Personality! to She's Got Personality!
    5 years from now... I will remember the most about personality! I just found it so interesting that out of only 5 categories, everyone has such a unique personality. Even though you may meet somehow who is seems "exactly like...
  • Posted Harry Potter Romance to Harry Potter Romance
    I chose to look at the guidelines for forming relationships; and specifically, in the famous novels written by J.K.Rowling: Harry Potter. Of course everyone now knows that Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger end up together, it didn't come as a...
  • Posted Boundary Extension: Spot The Difference to Boundary Extension: Spot the Difference
    I was interested in more "false memory" phenomenons and found one called 'Boundary Extension.' This phenomenon is especially interesting because one can create a false memory within seconds. It is usually labeled as memory error, but it has to do...
  • Commented on "I'm Schizophrenic, And I am Too"
    I think that it is extremely interesting to learn about different mental disorders and what causes them. I am very interested in learning about the different types and the misconceptions that go with each one, and look forward to studying...
  • Posted Chapter 8: Language, Thinking, and Reasoning. to Psychology 1001 Sections 10-11 Spring 2012
    This chapter breaks up how we communicate, think, and reason into different sections; it then provides insight on how each of these are connected to one another. The first section is about how language was created and how we learn...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from osswa003

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page