stmar079

• Posted Memorable Topic to Psychology 1001 Sections 10-11 Spring 2012
    Thinking back to this class five years from now I think I will remember the video we watched during discussion on conforming. It was super interesting to me because thinking about it i would say that I would not conform,...
  • Posted Body Language to Psychology 1001 Sections 10-11 Spring 2012
    One section I found particularly interesting was from the emotion and motivation chapter. Posture is largely unconscious but can tell us a lot about one's emotional states. People slumped over or slouching can convey sadness while an upright posture can...
  • Commented on Frustration and the Fixed Mindset
    This concept will stay with me a long time as well. I found it really interesting because i am stubborn too and usually think my way is always the best way. However, it is always nice to know that if...
  • Commented on Biology of Sleeping, Eating and Exercising
    The section of Psychology was very interesting to me. I tend to need at least 10 hours of sleep a night in order to be able to properly function the next day. Finding the time to get this much sleep...
  • Commented on Social Psychology
    I also found this topic very interesting. The video of the experiment we watched in discussion I found especially interesting. It was cool to see the different types of people and how the responded to the pressure of the group...
  • Commented on A Timeless War
    I am also a strong believer that nurture shapes behavior immensely. I feel like people develop behaviors or habits of personality by observing other or from aspects of their environment. Both sides of this debate do have significant evidence to...
  • Commented on Memorable Psychology Concepts
    I found this concept especially interesting as well! The video we watched in class was very memorable. I found it interesting that the older man, who thought he was absolutely not a conformist, ended up the one who was fastest...
  • Commented on Social Psychology in Groups (Diffusion of Responsibility & Social Loafing)
    I thought these concepts were especially interesting. I also will use the information I have learned to help make my group working more efficient. I think its become very easy to to differentiate the different roles of people in groups...
  • Commented on Memorable Psychology Topic
    These chapters were the most memorable for me as well. The experiment by Asch was one I will remember for a long time because it is so easy for me to relate to. I can easily see myself falling under...
  • Commented on Conforming
    I also found this experiment very interesting! I like to think i wouldn't conform, but I'm sure if I were in that situation I for sure would. An example of how many students conform is in classrooms when the professor...
  • Commented on Psychology in the Future
    I also agree. I found it astonishing in lecture when some kids were able to recall the entire line of numbers when i could only remember the first few. However, after we learned about chunking it became much more believable!...
  • Commented on Advertising and Classical Conditioning
    I found this topic especially interesting. It's cool that psychologists have come to this realization and marketers can use it to improve the demand for a product. I have noticed many times in my daily life when I have experienced...
  • Commented on Stresssssss
    I found this chapter very interesting and will remember the concepts in it for a long time as well. I am also very susceptible of getting sick. I don't remember the last time i went a month without getting some...
  • Commented on Social Loafing Recollections
    I also thought this chapter was very interesting! I could relate to a lot of the concepts in this section of the textbook. I also really enjoyed group work, my group members showed me many perceptions I had not seen...
  • Commented on Language
    I also find it extremely interesting that we are able to learn a large majority of a language before even learning to read. Taking spanish originally was very difficult to start from scratch, but I think if I lived in...
  • Commented on Rise of the Planet of the Apes
    I also found this chapter vert interesting! Although this topic can be "touchy" for some, it's very reliable and reasonable theory that makes a lot of sense! I thought the food was particularly interesting! Well done!...
  • Commented on Memorable Moments in Learning
    I agree that this was a very interesting topic! I thought the different development stages were also very interesting! I agree with the comment above me and am confused on how psychologists came up with these findings even in infants....
  • Commented on First kid, the smartest one?
    I also tend to agree that the oldest child tends to normally be the more responsible/intelligent. I think this is because they don't have older siblings they are trying to be like. I also think it may be because the...
  • Commented on coping strategies for stress
    I was also in the moderately stressed category! I found it interesting because when I think about being stressed i wouldn't say I'm any more stressed than other people, but maybe I am! I found this chapter of the textbook...
  • Commented on Regression as Defense Mechanism
    Great job! I totally agree with you about listening to music! I can specifically remember being in a certain place and a certain time when listening to a song that was popular when i was younger. I never thought of...
  • Commented on Emergency? What emergency?
    This is a very interesting topic! I've heard many stories of this happening. I agree with the first person who commented who said that she was probably trying to avoid putting herself in danger, even if she could possible help...
  • Commented on Sherlock Holmes - A Man of Extremes
    I enjoyed reading this blog! Very interesting! It was great how you gave specific examples for the five traits to help get a clearer view! He seems to have traits thats are either extreme or inexistent, which I find is...
  • Commented on Looking down the road
    I also agree. I also think I know those six principles the better than anything else in the textbook because they were so commonly reviewed and showed up on almost every practice test and quiz I took. I have been...
  • Posted Chapter 13: Social Psychology to Psychology 1001 Sections 10-11 Spring 2012
    One major subject chapter 13 focuses on is aggression. The definition of aggression from the textbook is "behavior intend to harm others, either verbally or physically". Aggressive behavior can be accounted for on both large and small scales, and can...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from stmar079

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page