witt0329

• Commented on Now I'm not trying to be a Negative Nelly, but....
    Phenomenal post! First I would like to say that after reading your post the one thing I will take away is the statistic that Shannon showed us in class about how students’ intelligence does not change that much from when...
  • Commented on What is Love? Baby don't hurt me.
    I think many people choose their partners based on factors other than love. I think some people may feel that they are “getting old” and should be married and so they marry someone who they undoubtedly have feelings for, but...
  • Commented on Cheers! I'll Drink to That: Alcohol in the Media
    I agree that drinking alcohol has been glorified by the media. I think that the legal drinking age needs to be abolished so people can drink at whatever age they want. I think then all the hype around drinking would...
  • Posted Learning a new language. to Psychology 1001 Sections 10-11 Spring 2012
    I was interested in reading about the different levels in language acquisition based on the age at which a person started learning a new language. From birth until the age of about seven a person has the potential to learn...
  • Commented on Chunkinggg
    I agree that chunking and other memory tricks are things that I will remember 5 years down the road. I use chunking all the time in class to help me remember information. I think it is something that people naturally...
  • Commented on How is intelligence portrayed in the media?
    I think you have an interesting point. It's neat to see how intelligence and how it relates to gender roles is portrayed in the media. I read a statistic earlier this week about how in the 1950s there were more...
  • Commented on Body Language
    I think you have a great point with your post. I have heard that as much as 70% of communication is nonverbal. Body language like hand gestures and facial expressions can convey a lot of information. I also generally think...
  • Commented on The Bachelor: Who will get the rose this time?
    I agree that the bachelor is one of the silliest shows ever made. It’s foolish to think that after knowing someone for only 2 or so months that you will find true love and the marriage will work out. The...
  • Commented on "Do you think our love can make miracles?" -Allie (The Notebook)
    Awesome blog post. I watched The Notebook a couple months ago and I actually thought it was decent. Some of the parts were pretty funny too. It is sad to think that a person’s memory can be almost completely erased...
  • Commented on Divorce and Children
    I thought you had a great post. Growing up some of my friends’ parents got divorced and I know that it affected them all in different ways. One friend in particular was always extremely loud and rowdy and seemed to...
  • Commented on Baseball Superstion: real or fiction?
    I thought this was a great post! I used to play baseball as well and I know that I had superstitions or routines that I would go through before going to bat or going out to my position. I think...
  • Commented on Hunger Games
    Great blog post! I agree with you on this topic. Not only do these fad diets usually not work, but they are unhealthy and unpleasant to be on. I think that more people should focus on exercising rather than reducing...
  • Commented on How Much is too Much? Caffeine's Effect on the body
    I agree that too much caffeine is a bad thing. When I drink too much coffee I do not feel well. However, coffee has so many health benefits. Personally I think that drinking coffee in moderation is a great...
  • Commented on Wait I can get away with only 15 minutes a day??
    I enjoyed reading your blog post, although I would have to disagree with the results of the studies you mentioned in your article. I think that these articles are assuming that people engage in no physical activity whatsoever throughout the...
  • Commented on Sport's Psychology
    I have found that mental imagery is helpful in a variety of tasks. I think visualizing oneself successfully completing a task is helpful because it gives us confidence when we are nervous. We can kind of fool our mind into...
  • Commented on Do You Really Know Mary Jane?
    I really enjoyed reading your post. Many people do not really think smoking weed is that harmful but I think it does have serious effects on your short term memory. I have a friend who regularly (several times per week)...
  • Commented on What Adults Can't Hear..Are the rumors true?
    This is an interesting post. I think many would agree that as people age their senses become less acute. However, many people seem to retain their senses quite well. I know my grandma has excellent hearing and vision even for...
  • Commented on Chapter 12, Stress
    I also thought that the four steps to a healthy lifestyle stood out to me. I am currently taking a public health class and I have noticed that for almost every disease smoking and being overweight are two risk factors....
  • Commented on Classical Conditioning, Believability and Abercrombie "Push-up Bra's" for kids
    I agree with your example of Abercrombie and Fitch using classical conditioning to make kids feel like they are grown up. Advertisements are all about making consumers feel or think differently so that companies can sell more products. I see...
  • Posted The Concept in Psychology I Will Remember Most in Five Years to Psychology 1001 Sections 10-11 Spring 2012
    I think the concepts I will remember most in psychology are those related to experimentation and testing. Things like validity, reliability, and Occam's razor. Although these are concepts that I was aware of before I took this class, I did...
  • Posted coping strategies for stress to Psychology 1001 Sections 10-11 Spring 2012
    Chapter 12 of our textbook discusses different ways of coping with stress. On page 459 of our textbook there is a test we can take to determine our level of stress. After taking the test, the results are not surprising....
  • Posted Chapter 15 summary to Psychology 1001 Sections 10-11 Spring 2012
    Chapter 15 summary - January 24, 2012 -Psychology 1001 Chapter 15 discusses psychological disorders. The chapter starts off by giving examples of different types of psychological disorders such as: panic disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, or bipolar disorder. The textbook offers five...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from witt0329

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page