bowen162

• Commented on Psycosexual Development Theory ..... WOW!!!
    This is a really funny blog and it shocked me to see the different stages too. I agree that this theory is too far fetched to be taken seriously but it makes people think about why we do these things....
  • Commented on Last Blog Post
    Psych has been a very interesting class that I learned a lot from. It is amazing how much drugs are able to inhibit our ability to function. I like your point on how the environment affects the way people behave....
  • Commented on Milgram Experiment
    Yeah I was shocked to see how many people listened and obeyed the directions. Every time I look at this experiment I would hope that I wouldn't cooperate but I don't know. You made a good point with people trying...
  • Commented on Hunger Games
    Excellent blog post it is really interesting on a topic that is in great debate today. I feel that these fad diets might help you shed weight but they will actually make you more unhealthy. These fad diets do not...
  • Commented on Who else wants to major in Psychology!?!?
    Psych is very interesting but I always find me daydreaming in the class because I fell that the topics are so generalized. I understand why people like psych so much because it explains why people do things certain ways and...
  • Commented on Sherlock Holmes - A Man of Extremes
    Wow this blog is the best one I have read, it is very creative. You did an excellent job analyzing his personality traits and if you had more time i think it would be cool to do the same thing...
  • Commented on A Timeless War
    Yeah no matter what chapter in psych we were studying I felt it could always be brought back to this debate. I believe that both play a major role in development but I feel nurture shapes development more than nature....
  • Commented on Stresssssss
    I really liked this chapter in the book because it can relate to anyone who is in college. It is cool how stress and the immune system can impact each other. I dont have the best diet but I work...
  • Commented on Kids Say the Darnedest Things
    This is actually a really interesting topic! A baby was just born in my extended family and it will be cool to see him progress throughout is first year. Since he was just born he obviously doesn't say anything coherent...
  • Commented on O.C.E.A.N.
    Nice way to relate the personality concept into real life. I agree that it is cool to compare and contrast your own personality with someone else's. I think that someones personality changes so much that its hard to categorize but...
  • Commented on Millenials: The Most Stressed Generation
    Wow this article actually shocks me because I thought that technology would help to decrease our stress but I guess I was wrong. I do agree that coming out of college students have a tough situation to face with high...
  • Commented on Social Psychology in Groups (Diffusion of Responsibility & Social Loafing)
    This is a good post, I like how you were able to relate to a situations in your life now and in the future. For most of us finding jobs in the future there will be some sort of collaboration...
  • Commented on Now I'm not trying to be a Negative Nelly, but....
    Wow really great blog! I love that you didn't just make up some blog that you didn't care about. I kind of feel the same way except its because I find most of psych really boring and it doesn't pertain...
  • Commented on Conforming
    The study by Asch is so influential! I cannot believe how almost all of the people in the study conformed. For me I feel that I would be able to not conform but I have never been in that type...
  • Commented on Picking Up Chicks
    This blog is really funny! When I take a girl on my next date i will make sure its more than just a dinner. Its amazing how that the place you take your date can be so influential on the...
  • Commented on Social Psychology
    I agree that this is one of the topics that I will remember from psych because I didn't realize how groups of people play such an effect on an individual. I was amazed to see people that knew the answer...
  • Commented on The Bachelor: Who will get the rose this time?
    Wow its surprising to see how the directors of the show put them in situations to create an interest in one another. I have only watched the show a couple of times but now I understand why all the dates...
  • Commented on The Future... in 5 years.
    This is an excellent post, it relates to everyone in the future and it emphasizes a major concept in psych. Parenting is all about teaching your kids what is right and wrong in life and classical conditioning is what many...
  • Posted Injuries in Sports to Psychology 1001 Sections 10-11 Spring 2012
    In recent years and particularly in recent months injuries in sports have become a concern. It seems like more and more injuries are occurring in all levels of sports and according to unc.edu more injuries might actually be occurring. Approximately...
  • Commented on Chapter 7 - Memory
    Your summary on memory was very interesting and had a lot of facts that I didn't know before reading your blog. I am shocked that short- term memory only lasted 10-15 seconds, I thought it lasted much longer than that....
  • Commented on Chapter 4 Sensation and Perception
    I love the picture you used as your focal point. It is amazing how are minds can perceive things differently. It is cool how our mind can see one image and another persons mind can see a completely different image...
  • Posted Ethical Issues in Research to Psychology 1001 Sections 10-11 Spring 2012
    The Tuskegee study on syphilis is one of the most known ethical controversies related to psychology. It was a forty year study on 399 African-American men who had syphilis left untreated. During the study over 125 men died of syphilis...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from bowen162

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page