ronni083

• Commented on Personality is Everything
    It is true that many people could likely be matched up with a job they would enjoy or be qualified for through psychological profiling and IQ tests, but the issue comes with the minority of people who fit those profiles...
  • Commented on Memorable Psychology Topic: The Big Five Model of Personality
    It is interesting to see what kinds of things appear across cultures that are the same. One of the keys to discerning the behaviors that you 'should' see in a culture will be things related the more basic physiological needs...
  • Commented on Conforming
    Conformity is something that has been useful for so long, it's no surprise that many people will conform to the others. Majority votes against a person often can convince them that they may be deviant from their group, the extreme...
  • Commented on Heuristics and Judging
    Expressing your own opinion can actually be a problem for a lot of people in the US. Many feel distanced from people who have different opinions, or may feel as though they are having your opinion imposed upon them. Freedom...
  • Commented on Stresssssss
    I thought it was interesting that they said most ulcers are caused by bacteria and not by stress as so many doctors have said in the past. Both of my parents had all of their health problems attributed to stress...
  • Commented on First kid, the smartest one?
    Very exciting post, I enjoy that you posted your opinion and experience to be open for people to read and respond on. This might knock you a little though, but I'm a younger sibling and I'm going to graduate college...
  • Commented on Rise of the Planet of the Apes
    This is such a touchy subject for a lot of people, it is good that it is delivered in a very open manner. It's unfortunate, because many of the greatest debates of our age are related to evolutionary process and...
  • Commented on Looking down the road
    This is a really good point, and especially with regards to not being able to falsify experiments and claims being so prevalent in the things we hear people say or read in news articles. It helps to understand what is...
  • Commented on Advertising and Classical Conditioning
    It's interesting to see how your mind works as an input-output receptor in this sense. A simple stimulus that you may not even pay attention to, or are completely aware of what effects it may have will still condition you...
  • Commented on O.C.E.A.N.
    Personality is a very variable thing, primarily because it's so readily affected by the things our mind decides to remember and hold on to (which may be completely meaningless!). It is very interesting still though to see how easy it...
  • Commented on Who else wants to major in Psychology!?!?
    I actually had this very same feeling, unfortunately at the end of my undergraduate career though. I have considered continuing on and getting a second degree in psychology if I move through graduate school though. It's a very versatile science...
  • Commented on Social Psychology in Groups (Diffusion of Responsibility & Social Loafing)
    This is a very interesting concept. It makes me think of the way in which cheats work with regards to Game Theory in evolutionary theory, where an individual will defect for an extreme benefit at a cost to the rest...
  • Commented on Frustration and the Fixed Mindset
    This was a very strong concept from Psychology I thought, was the way in which we get stuck in our own mental sets. After doing math tutoring for various people, it is easy to see how they can get stuck...
  • Commented on Biology of Sleeping, Eating and Exercising
    I also enjoyed the aspect of how important physical health is for our psychology, whether from self actualization or actual physiological distress. Our TA had described how kids cannot be administered psychology tests if they haven't eaten that day, which...
  • Commented on Learning, behavior and EMOTIONS
    Social psychology especially has a lot of value to the individual, I agree. It seems like many people often fall prey to their own instinctual behaviors, and learning about psychology and becoming educated about our behavior and what is innate...
  • Posted Evolutionary and Biological Psychology to Psychology 1001 Sections 10-11 Spring 2012
    Behavior is something that has been long debated over as to whether our actions are guided by nature or nurture, or to what extent each affects our actions. There are numerous requirements that a behavior must fall into, many of...
  • Posted Beauty and Body Piercings to Psychology 1001 Sections 10-11 Spring 2012
    Some of the most outrageous beauty standards are portrayed in Body Piercings, ranging from simple rings or studs to extremely bizarre and painful items (such as barbed wire or chair legs). Piercings are also done to almost every portion of...
  • Commented on Intelligence & IQ Testing (Ch. 9)
    IQ testing is a very controversial topic among developmental psychologists especially. I can remember taking an IQ test as a child and it consisted primarily of creating patterns/shapes with various pieces and the patterns on the pieces. Essentially what the...
  • Commented on Chapter 14 Personality
    I like that the text book has conflict between the various 'schools' of psychology and their inconsistencies and supporting evidence. It reinforces the concept of how scientific theory and process is conducted, as well as the nature in which science...
  • Commented on Chapter 5
    I think that it's a good point to make that it's far too complicated to fully understand the way in which the human mind works. This kind of philosophy is one employed by Albert Einstein in his later years as...
  • Commented on Chapter 7 - Memory
    Massed practice is a strange thing. I'm sure that anyone who has seriously crammed for an exam the night before/morning of may have felt like the information was at risk of just slipping right out of your memory. I wonder...
  • Commented on Chapter Three: Biological Psychology
    Actually there's a number of factors which have lead to human brain growth. One thing to keep in mind is that humans have almost twice as long of a developmental cycle as other great apes, which is largely attributed to...
  • Commented on Chapter 7 Memory
    This is also really interesting in the way in which our memory works with regards to aural queues. Reading off letters in a row audibly makes it easier to remember because you have two sensory perceptions contributing to your memory...
  • Posted Mirror Self-Recognition to Psychology 1001 Sections 10-11 Spring 2012
    While reading the portion in Chapter 7 they note the use of the 'Mirror Test' given to a number of mammals to test whether they realize that they are the one in the mirror being reflected as opposed to seeing...
  • Posted Chapter 10: Human Development to Psychology 1001 Sections 10-11 Spring 2012
    This chapter deals primarily with the development of various perceptive and cognitive abilities of humans as they mature. It touches on various crucial steps in physical co-ordination, perception of the world around the individual as they mature, as well as...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from ronni083

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page