shil0033

• Posted Stresssssss to Psychology 1001 Sections 10-11 Spring 2012
    The concept that I will remember five years from now is the chapter on stress. After reading this chapter I felt that I had a lot of insight into the topic of stress and learned a lot of things that...
  • Commented on coping strategies for stress
    I really liked the stress chapter as well because I felt it was very relatable to real life as many of the chapters are though. But, this one stands out especially because stress is a huge aspect of college, with...
  • Commented on What is Love? Baby don't hurt me.
    I think this topic is very interesting for the fact o the differences between men and women. I feel that these are consistent though because I feel that most. men do place a great weight on appearance. But, I think...
  • Commented on Middle Child Syndrome
    I find the topic of birth order very interesting because in some cases I feel as though me and my older sister go with some of the findings, but definately don't in other aspects. For instance, as far as intelligence...
  • Commented on Similarity=Comfort?
    I think it is very interesting how people will act when put in a situation of conformity. In my experience, when put into a different culture or environment, it does seem very easy to conform versus going outside your box...
  • Commented on Are First Born Kids The Best?
    I think this topic is very interesting, because it raises a lot of points, but yet at the same time these points aren't always reliable as you said. I am the second child of two in my family, and I...
  • Commented on Asian Parents are STRICT!
    In a way I can understand where you are coming from because when I started high school my mom resembled the authoritarian parenting style while my dad resembled the authoritative/permissive parenting style. My parents are married and it is very...
  • Commented on Liar liar
    I myself agree with you in the fact that lie detector tests are not 100% positive results and in many cases have given negative results. Very clever idea with how to present your blog through the use of the story...
  • Commented on The Definition of Beauty
    It is really interesting how the concept of how beauty is defined can very so greatly from culture to culture. Also, the differences in what men and women find important is very interesting as well....
  • Commented on Hunger Games
    Very interesting blog post! I myself have never tried any of these ridiculous diets, but have had many friends who have gone on diets that in result deprive themselves. I find it interesting how you pointed out that all of...
  • Commented on YOLO: You only learn once
    I think this topic is very interesting and a good example of the principle correlation vs. causation as well. Also, I love your title, very creative!...
  • Posted Say YES to the Dress to Psychology 1001 Sections 10-11 Spring 2012
    Say Yes to the Dress is a popular show on TLC that focuses on helping brides and bridezillas find the "perfect" dress for their "perfect" guy. Every episode features different brides who tell a blurb about their "love" story. Many...
  • Commented on Is the Dog Whisperer magic?
    I think this is a great idea! I feel that through classical conditioning anyone or any animal can be trained. I wish when we got our puppy that I knew about some of Caesar's techniques because he is a wild...
  • Commented on Eliciting Emotions Through Advertisement
    This is so true! Advertisements trick you into buying things through classical conditioning. If the company was trying to sell you this cigarette they wouldn't pair it with a picture of black lungs or yellow teeth. They pair it with...
  • Commented on Why Are You Eating My BURGER?!?!?!
    This is funny because I feel like this happens to me all the time as well! I lose track of my thoughts often times and can't remember what just happened, I feel as though I have been in this similar...
  • Commented on Sybil- Multiple Personality Disorder
    I find this topic very interesting and would definitely enjoy that book as well I'm sure! I find it interesting that one person can take on many different personalities. I also didn't know that the cause of this is many...
  • Commented on Autism: Paranoid or Prepared?
    I really enjoyed reading your post because it is a very controversial topic. I can see how people would find it frustrating not knowing what has caused their child to be autistic, but just because one doesn't know the causes...
  • Commented on "Do you think our love can make miracles?" -Allie (The Notebook)
    Personally, this is one of my favorite movies! It is very sad though how severely Alzheimer's affects our brain and our memories. It is tragic to think that this could happen to anyone and isn't curable....
  • Commented on "That is so cool, Whale!"
    I really enjoyed this post because I am an animal lover and have been to Sea World before as well. I went when I was younger, so I didn't understand then that the animals behaved the way they did due...
  • Commented on Shopping for Perfection
    I agree one hundred percent with your thoughts on classical conditioning in advertising. Advertisements use classical conditioning in order to persuade us to buy a product and are very successful, especially when they use celebrities to endorse their product. I...
  • Posted A Network of Consciousness to Psychology 1001 Sections 10-11 Spring 2012
    The video, The Secret You, looks at the topic of the difference in consciousness between waking and sleeping. Marcus de Sautoy undergoes an experiment that measures the consciousness in our brain when we are awake and asleep. The experiment...
  • Posted Chapter 11: Emotion and Motivation to Psychology 1001 Sections 10-11 Spring 2012
    One thing this chapter largely focuses on is emotions and theories of where those emotions derive from, some which include emotions being products of thinking, bodily reactions to stimuli, and "gut reactions," etc. It also gives explanation to how...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from shil0033

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page