stetl007

• Posted Drugs are Bad to Wednesday Wanderings
    The main concept that I am going to remember after taking Psych 1001 is that there is more to drug addiction than just deciding whether or not to take a drug. I have learned how drugs alter neurotransmitters that...
  • Commented on Is Sugar Bad For You?
    Really cool article! I like that you objectively examined each article and that you could find deeper meanings behind what the articles said and that you yourself don't become biased in the blog....
  • Commented on the thing about gay marriage is...
    Not all Christians are against gay marriage and just because one is a Christian does not mean they have to be against gay marriage. The Lutheran church that I go to has been a "Reconciling in Christ" church for many...
  • Commented on Body Image
    I think it's strange how "average" people try better their health, but do so in a way that works for people that model clothing. Hopefully people will realize that one's body image is not the most important part of life....
  • Commented on Lying
    I find it somewhat concerning about how polygraph tests are so often considered to be fact, when, as your blog points out, there are many inconsistencies with them. Hopefully people will start realizing that they are not such a great...
  • Commented on Do you agree with Freud Sigmund?
    Great post! It was nice to learn a little bit more about what Freud actually discovered because he is mentioned so much in our class....
  • Commented on Which Sibling is the Best?
    Being an only-child, this article was very interesting to me. I was not aware that the data suggests that older siblings are smarter and I also find it intriguing that younger siblings get better grades. However, when I think about...
  • Commented on What's With This IAT Test?
    Wow! I never would have thought there would be a really easy test to take to check for stereotypes. I'll definitely take a couple of the tests now to see what ones I have....
  • Commented on The Bystander Effect
    Wow. I hadn't really thought about how likely the effect would be in real life before reading this, but it makes sense that people will think that others will react for them....
  • Posted Emotions and Bombs to Wednesday Wanderings
    A major criticism of Lawrence Kohlberg's theory on moral reasoning is that his model assumes that our behavior is influenced first by moral reasoning and then by our emotional reasoning. I find this very hard to believe because I...
  • Commented on Morality? I don't need no stinkin' morality!
    I found your post really interesting. I've thought about morality before, but never really in depth and with examples of different moral/immoral situations. I know this is completely unrealistic, but I wonder if what life would be like if everyone...
  • Commented on Super Human Senses
    It was interesting to me to find out that dogs have a better sense of hearing than humans do. I've known that they have better senses of smell (especially compared to me because I can't smell) but finding out that...
  • Commented on Sneaky Ring Tones
    I found out about the ringtone in high school and played it for my parents, my mom doesn't think it actually exists and thinks its just a trick that kids are playing on their parents. That's an interesting story about...
  • Commented on Clickers
    I wonder how effective training would be in activities that aren't physical actions like gymnastics or training animals. It seems like to me there would need to be more than that in order to improve somebody's functioning in math or...
  • Commented on Imagine Taking as Much Shit As Your Car
    This was a very surprising ad to me because normally I wouldn't think that advertisers would swear. I can see how this ad is trying to make the owner feel like his or her car needs to be clean, but...
  • Posted Remote Controls- Can You Push the Right Button? to Wednesday Wanderings
    An example of a common poorly designed object is a remote control. While it would seem that designing a remote control should be a simple task that would be perfected by now, that is not the case. The first image...
  • Commented on Yoga, the invisible killer?
    This was an interesting article about something that I don't know much about. I noticed how you used the points from our textbook and lectures to come to the conclusion that there was not enough evidence presented in the first...
  • Commented on CAFFEINE!!! Is it good of bad for you?
    This blog has definitely helped me realize the truth about caffeine. Before reading this I wasn't sure if I should drink coffee because of hearing about how it is good for you, but now I think I'll just drink coffee...
  • Commented on Pitt-bulls will certainly kill you! ..... Or will they?
    I really like your article and now agree that their behavior is based off both nature and nurture. I have actually wanted a pit bull since middle school because of how so many of them get abandoned, but it was...
  • Posted Chapter 14-Personality to Wednesday Wanderings
    Chapter 14 is about personality and the first section asks the question, "what is it and how can we study it?" Personality is a person's normal ways of thinking, feeling, and behaving. One of the ways that personality is studied...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from stetl007

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page