etoxx006

• Commented on Classic and Operant Conditioning
    I found these concepts to be interesting as well, especially what you mentioned about commercials. It is fun to watch commercials now after learning what we have this past semester and be able to pick them apart. Hopefully these concepts...
  • Commented on Not everything is what it seems.
    I like this post a lot. It is so true that everyone should looked beyond what we see and hear and search for the validity in everything. I especially enjoyed your Goya quote. No one should ever be afraid to...
  • Commented on Final Blog: The Big FIve
    I agree with this. The big five traits are very interesting and the fact that one survey can place a person with their traits so accurately is crazy! The fact that this can apply to other countries as well just...
  • Commented on Memorable Memory
    Memory is definitely an interesting topic. I find it so wild that people can create memories in their mind of something that never even happened to them and they truly believe that it did. It's also interesting that we may...
  • Commented on Sigmund Freud's Theory of Psychosexual Development
    I found this concept to be interesting as well, especially the Phallic stage. Initially this weirded me out a bit, mostly because of the idea of a child becoming sexually attracted to their parent of the opposite sex. Then I...
  • Commented on Final Blog!
    I think the correlation versus causation concept will be one worth remembering. Before this course I would only focus on the causation factor, that if two things were correlated they must be causing each other. But this concept has brought...
  • Commented on The Puzzling Nature of Cause and Effect
    I found the nature via nurture concept to be especially interesting as well. When I took Psychology in high school I remember learning about this concept strictly as a debate and trying to decide what I thought held a larger...
  • Commented on What I Will Remember From Psych 1001: When Sweet Children Become Conniving Monsters
    This video is great! Its so interesting the different levels of cognitive ability kids have and how they can change so drastically in just a year. This was a really intriguing concept to learn about because at our age we...
  • Commented on Personality
    I agree that this concept was especially interesting. Everyone recognizes the cartoon of the angel and devil on your shoulder, but this concept allowed us to understand what causes that conflict within ourselves. Perhaps knowing the origin of these conflicts...
  • Commented on The Effects of Divorce on Children
    This is a very interesting point of view. I definitely agree that the level of negativity between the divorced parents effects how the child deals with it and whether or not they will suffer from long term effects. As a...
  • Commented on Remembering Psychology
    I agree with both of your points! Especially the optical illusions, those were really interesting to learn about. Prior to this class I had seen examples of different visual illusions but I never understood their significance. Now after finishing this...
  • Commented on A Scientific Experiment
    I agree with this post. I think this class has had a major effect on how most of us will approach and think about experiments that we learn about from here on out. I definitely feel that now I am...
  • Posted Fundamental Attribution Error to Wednesday Wanderings
    One of the concepts that we have learned this past semester is the fundamental attribution error, which is over valuing dispositional or personality based behaviors for an observed behavior and under valuing situational explanations for that behavior. This is one...
  • Commented on Being tricked by your own brain!?
    This is a really interesting study I thought because it is one thing to alter a memory in a very small way, but some people often create whole memories that never occurred in their lifetime. I find this a bit...
  • Commented on Contact Comfort...Inspires Animal Torture?
    I found Harlow's studies to be very interesting in the fact that the monkeys would prefer the cloth mothers as opposed to the mother with milk, but then when I thought about it, I wouldn't want to cuddle with a...
  • Commented on My 3 year old nephew, Jace.
    I bet this was an interesting experience for you. For someone who is old enough to understand that the cups do hold the same amount of liquid it was probably difficult to try and make your nephew understand it two....
  • Commented on Imprinting Isn't Just For the Werewolves...
    I like that you connected the connected the Twilight definition of imprinting to out textbooks definition because when I first heard about the context that Twilight used 'imprinting' in I was annoyed because it didn't make sense. It's interesting how...
  • Posted Aggression in Children to Wednesday Wanderings
    In discussion this week we focused on if what children watch could contribute to their aggressiveness. I found this a very interesting topic because it can go either way. There is good evidence on both sides that claim whether or...
  • Commented on Becoming aware of the self
    This was a very interesting entry. I remember reading about when babies become self aware, and now my only question is when do animals become self aware? You mentioned that an animal may only exist in three dimensions compared to...
  • Commented on CAFFEINE!!! Is it good of bad for you?
    I really enjoyed this article because I find the flip-flopping facts of caffeine irritating. I quit drinking caffeine a few years ago because of all of the awful things I have heard about it, which makes it difficult for me...
  • Commented on TeenBuzz: What's the buzz about?
    I remember the first time I heard this ring tone, I was sitting in my eighth grade social studies class and could not understand why my elder teacher didn't notice the noise at all. This entry was very informative and...
  • Commented on Homosexuality: Nature vs. Nurture
    This is a very interesting entry and I enjoyed reading about the different articles you read. I agree with you that homosexuality is not something that people chose, however I never knew that a correlation existed between homosexuality and the...
  • Posted Free Will-Determinism to Wednesday Wanderings
    The free will-determinism debate focuses on the question of whether our behaviors are freely selected or caused by factors beyond our control. The book mentions that some psychologists believe in the idea that we all possess free will, yet others,...
  • Posted Chapter 15: Psychological Disorders to Wednesday Wanderings
    Chapter 15 begins with descriptions of five different people each with a different mental disorder and then goes on to explain how the concept of mental disorder is not an easy one to define. Explanations and treatments for mental disorders...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from etoxx006

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page