kinc0027

• Posted Sigmund Freud's Theory of Psychosexual Development to Wednesday Wanderings
    Although this may not be the most useful theory in psychology, Sigmund Freud's ideas about psychosexual development are very interesting and memorable. This theory is a bit controversial and believed to be pseudoscientific, but Freud thought of it as a...
  • Commented on Do you agree with Freud Sigmund?
    I believe everything about the id, ego and super ego are very fascinating along with the steps of sexually maturity. However, I know that a lot of people do not consider Freud's work to be very important since most of...
  • Commented on What's With This IAT Test?
    That is so weird, but I don't know if i believe the test is completely valid. Since you started with the word good matched with young, it is easier to begin with a word then to change it back to...
  • Commented on Which Sibling is the Best?
    My family can definitely help replicate this research. I am the youngest in the family, and I am by far the most outgoing and extroverted. My sister, the oldest of three, is the smartest in the family. I find sibling...
  • Posted The Bystander Effect to Wednesday Wanderings
    The bystander effect occurs when individuals do not bother to offer help to victims in an emergency situation while other people are also present. As the number of other people present increases, the likeliness of a bystander helping a victim...
  • Commented on Similarities > Differences
    First of all, I also love this show. Also, I am not at all surprised by the idea of similarities creating an attraction. Usually people I am friends with have similar values, morals, and senses of humor as me, not...
  • Commented on The Art of Intimate Relationships
    I agree with the above comments about being monogamous and the fact that its naturally difficult to do since you can be attracted to multiple people at once. this whole article makes me have less belief in soul mates, since...
  • Commented on The Paris Syndrome
    This is very interesting, but i wonder why it only happens to Japanese people. When I went to Paris for the first time, I was disappointed by the rude workers and annoying tourists in the high profile areas also, but...
  • Commented on What influences our IQ
    I believe that nutrition really does influence a person's IQ. Healthy foods give a person more energy and focus in order to help them learn more and intake more information. With unhealthy food, a person has less energy and therefore...
  • Commented on Pinocchio Response
    I think lying is just a part of life, and although it would be nice to see when people are lying, I do not ever think it will be done. The human brain is too complicated for a machine to...
  • Commented on Emotional Darwin
    I find it so amazing that animals can show emotions. I always thought my dog would smile whenever someone would walk in the door, but now I know it is true. It is weird to think of all the simple...
  • Commented on Emotions and Bombs
    Interesting post! I had never heard of this woman or the situation before, but it is a good example for morals versus emotions. I however think that the two go hand-in-hand when determining our influence. For example, when thinking about...
  • Commented on Aggression in Children
    I agree that violent media has no affect on the children that engage it. The video in recitation had multiple children together in a room, and once one of them began to practice kicking, they all wanted to display their...
  • Commented on Authoritarian-ative is ok right?
    Maybe the research is based on what type of atmosphere parents create together for their children, which in your case would then be authoritative. And I agree with you that there is no perfect parenting style, however I am sure...
  • Commented on Morality? I don't need no stinkin' morality!
    I also find this interesting, especially the part about looking through other peoples' perspectives. I think we usually only see our own opinions as being right simply because we are unwilling to think about others' situations. And to the comment...
  • Commented on Contact Comfort...Inspires Animal Torture?
    This topic is really interesting and it makes me wonder if humans have a similar connection with contact comforting. Especially with some people who do not like to be touched, do those people still feel more of a connection to...
  • Commented on Bilingual Kids
    Speech impediments are based on a lack off ability to pronounce specific phonemes, which I never said is wasn't. But the disadvantage is based on the fact that it can take years to fix a speech impediment in a child,...
  • Commented on The Studious Life of a Polyglot
    That is really amazing. Just the fact that he can memorize all the verb forms is crazy, since I find that aspect of language the hardest. How is it that they can keep each language separate while learning multiple at...
  • Commented on Polly Want A Cracker?
    I like this post and I am amazed that the African Grey Parrots do have some sort of comprehension. However I would like to know how they interpret it. Could they understand just meanings of certain words or could they...
  • Commented on Being tricked by your own brain!?
    This does not surprise me at all and I am sure I have rewritten my own memories. However I wonder if any other senses can change memory. This describes how a visual stimulus can alter memory but what about an...
  • Posted Bilingual Kids to Wednesday Wanderings
    Bilingual education is becoming more popular in the United States. However some people do not believe that it is a good use of young students time. One of the disadvantages people see is that children will be too busy...
  • Commented on How Does This Ad Work? The Rick Perry Edition
    I agree with the above comment. I highly doubt a political candidate for the presidency would use sarcasm in order to attract his voters. He may have over done it a bit but I believe this was done to instead...
  • Commented on Clickers
    Although there is evidence that clickers work, I think it is odd for people to learn using clickers. People should be able to use emotional cues and language in order to learn. I understand that it is a positive reinforcement,...
  • Commented on Imagine Taking as Much Shit As Your Car
    I agree with the comments above, because I feel as though I never would put myself in the car's place. I find my own health, appearance, and hygiene to be much more important than my car's. The idea of this...
  • Posted Chapter 13-Social Psychology to Wednesday Wanderings
    Chapter 13 focuses on social psychology and how others affect us. Social psychology is defined as the study of how people influence others' behavior, beliefs, and attitudes. The main points of this chapter include humans as social species, factors that...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from kinc0027

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page