past0073

• Posted Personalities Matter to Wednesday Wanderings
    One part of Psychology 1001 that I found particularly interesting was the section on personalities. My interest in this had a lot to do with the activity we did in our discussion section where we had to plan a vacation...
  • Commented on What's With This IAT Test?
    You could take it again if you follow the link on the blog. It only takes about ten minutes, and it will give you the results!...
  • Posted What's With This IAT Test? to Wednesday Wanderings
    I chose to take a demonstration IAT test that was associated with age. The test has the participant put their fingers on two keys on the keyboard, and then has them sort pictures of young and old faces. It then...
  • Posted The Studious Life of a Polyglot to Wednesday Wanderings
    Many of us have learned (or at least tried to learn) a foreign language. Depending on the course, we spend about five hours a week in class, and then maybe another five hours worth of assignments and studying. For polyglots,...
  • Commented on Polly Want A Cracker?
    I've always found talking parrots to be extremely interesting, and that video is so incredibly cool. I never knew about the African Grey Parrot though, and I'm interested in learning more about their ability to generate new thoughts. I'm a...
  • Commented on Autism
    According to the National Autism Association, the problem with vaccines is that since the 1930's a metabolized inorganic mercury compound was being used as a preservative to prevent bacterial and fungal contamination in the vaccine. It talks about how there...
  • Commented on Pitt-bulls will certainly kill you! ..... Or will they?
    I agree with you both, although the environment the dog grows up in sometimes seems to have a bigger impact. There was a television show on Animal Planet, I'm not sure if it's still on or not. It was called...
  • Posted Chapter 4: Sensation and Perception to Wednesday Wanderings
    In this chapter we will learn about how we conceptualize the world through the use of our five senses. Much of the reading is spend discussing the ways in which our brains are tricked into perceiving a reality that does...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from past0073

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page