roosx052

• Commented on Imprinting Isn't Just For the Werewolves...
    I didn't even think of this movie when reading about it because it has been such a long time since I've seen it, but you are so right! It is a perfect example of imprinting, so much better than Twilight....
  • Commented on Persuasion Techniques of the Obama Campaign
    I really liked how you tied the concepts we learned in class to such a related and current topic. I want to work on political campaigns in the future so this post was really interesting to me! Obama used many...
  • Commented on The Finale- Correlation vs. Causation
    I completely agree with this! Whenever I read a study now or some statistic, I always think "well was it A that caused B, or B that caused A, or was there an underlying variable?" I think this way of...
  • Commented on The Effects of Divorce on Children
    I am also a child of divorce, and learning about its affects from a psychological standpoint was really interesting. I was also really interested to read your blog about how it affected you and the comments about it already. From...
  • Commented on Remembering Psychology
    I completely agree with both of your points! I was so interested to learn about the optical illusions. I have seen so many of them and always been interested by them, so it was really interesting to learn about how...
  • Commented on What I Will Remember From Psych 1001: When Sweet Children Become Conniving Monsters
    When I posted this video I didn't even think about how formulated that boy's arguments are and how developed his thought process was, good observation! He acts like an adult in a child's body....
  • Posted What I Will Remember From Psych 1001: When Sweet Children Become Conniving Monsters to Wednesday Wanderings
    I have learned about so many interesting topics this year in Psychology 1001, it is hard to choose just one that will be the most memorable for me. However, I do know that I found the human development section most...
  • Commented on Lying
    I was also very interested when I read about the polygraph tests and how it just detects arousal. Personally, I get agitated and nervous even when being accused of lying, so I feel like I would fail the polygraph test...
  • Commented on Which Sibling is the Best?
    When I read this section in the book, I though it was scarily accurate. My oldest sister is by far the smartest, I am by far the most extroverted, and my younger brother seems the least motivated. However, while it...
  • Commented on Causes of Bystander Nonintervention
    The bystander effects is such a serious and scary thing. When I first learned about it, I was told about the story of Kitty Genovese. The fact that so many people saw and heard her being beaten and murdered, yet...
  • Commented on CAFFEINE!!! Is it good of bad for you?
    I wonder if its adverse effects on fertility wear off. Like if a college student who were to drink a lot of coffee now will she have problems consumption in the future, or does it just affect fertility when you...
  • Commented on Imagine Taking as Much Shit As Your Car
    While I agree that this ad may not be effective for all people, I feel that it is very effective for car lovers, which I am guessing is their target audience. Like the above comments say, it effectively uses guilt...
  • Commented on Polly Want A Cracker?
    I have always thought that parrots just repeat what they hear, however, I am curious to find out how they are able to answer questions like Einstein did in the video. You said that parrots like this are able to...
  • Commented on Bilingual Kids
    While I am in favor of children having a bilingual education because of the many benefits already mentioned in the blog and the comments, it is important to think about what could go wrong with bilingual education. I read an...
  • Posted Imprinting Isn't Just For the Werewolves... to Wednesday Wanderings
    Disclaimer: Please don't judge me too harshly for the Twilight reference. When I read the term imprinting on page 385 of the textbook, I am embarrassed to say that I immediately thought about werewolves from Twilight. Stephenie Meyer, author of...
  • Commented on Clickers
    I agree with the first comment in that it seems strange to use clickers to "train" humans and that positive reinforcement is much more effective. I get how it can help enhance physical activities, but I don't completely understand how...
  • Commented on Training Animals
    While I always knew that animals were rewarded with food to train them, I never knew why or how it worked. You mention that animals also get negative reinforcement when they fail to listen to their trainers. I remember hearing...
  • Commented on Super Human Senses
    Adorable picture and interesting blog. Do you know if dogs lose their hearing as they age for similar reasons that humans do? Like being exposed to loud noises and diseases? Its really interesting to know that other animals have better...
  • Commented on TeenBuzz: What's the buzz about?
    This was a very interesting post to read. I heard about this a while ago then never did again, which makes me wonder how popular it is and if it is really used. It is a fascinating idea. I was...
    Thanks for the comment! However, I know that caffeine is actually a common ingredient in many prescription and over-the-counter headache medications. So while yes, some of the headaches that it treats are probably from caffeine withdrawal, it actually can help...
  • Commented on Homosexuality: Nature vs. Nurture
    This post was very interesting to me as GLBTQ (Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer) rights are so heavily debated all around us. A majority of the arguments against GLBTQ rights seem to focus around the idea that it is a...
  • Commented on Yoga, the invisible killer?
    This was a very interesting post to read. I have always assumed Yoga was good for you as it promoted mental health and flexibility, so when I read the title of your post I was intrigued. However, after reading your...
  • Posted CAFFEINE!!! Is it good of bad for you? to Wednesday Wanderings
    Did you know that caffeine is the most widely consumed psycho-active substance in the world? As a beverage, the worldwide consumption of tea is surpassed only by water! Did you know that caffeine is a diuretic? That means it makes...
  • Posted Chapter 3: Biological Psychology to Wednesday Wanderings
    Chater 3, titled Biological Psychology, goes into great depth about the biology behind psychology. It starts off by discussing how the nerve cells are "communication portals" for the body. It then goes on to discuss in detail the how nerve...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from roosx052

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page