serr0098

• Commented on The Puzzling Nature of Cause and Effect
    Nature versus nurture is so interesting because after taking this class, we have learned that it's neither one or the other alone that influences and shapes our upbringings and who we ultimately become. Genes are a big part of our...
  • Commented on Social Psychology NO REGRETZ
    I agree with you that conformity is definitely all around us. Sometimes we decide to conform to a group's norm so that we can fit in better and other times we want to express ourselves as individuals. There are moments...
  • Commented on The Effects of Divorce on Children
    I agree with you that the amount of emotional damage that a child experiences due to their parents' divorce depends on how much conflict and negativity there was prior to the divorce and during the divorce process. I definitely think...
  • Commented on Fundamental Attribution Error
    I completely agree with you that it often seems like many people, myself included, make judgements too quickly about others. The fundamental attribution error explains this tendency and it's important to recognize that a person's actions are not always results...
  • Commented on Birth Order
    I agree with you that there is much more to personality than when you were born in your family lineage. I don't think that it can always be said that the first born child is higher achieving, the middle child...
  • Commented on The Bystander Effect
    I think we like the thought of helping others when we see someone hurt or in an emergency, but it's true that the bystander effect occurs more often than not. I always thought that people who stood by and just...
  • Posted Memorable Memory to Wednesday Wanderings
    The most memorable concept in psychology for me to learn about was memory. I thought that it was so interesting that our memories are not as accurate as we would like to think they are and that there are ways...
  • Commented on The Paris Syndrome
    I think the Paris Syndrome is a form of culture shock. A big city like Paris, in reality, is not going to be as friendly and love-filled as it seems to be in movies. I find it kind of odd...
  • Commented on Girls are Bad at Math. How Studies with this Conclusion May be Methodologically Flawed.
    Your blog title immediately stood out to me because I always struggled with math while my brother excelled at it. I guess I always grew up thinking that my brain just didn't work in a mathematical way, but it also...
  • Commented on Emotions and Bombs
    I agree with some previous comments that emotions and morals go hand-in-hand when making decisions. The people who stood up for Sara Jane Olson must have known her after she left the terrorist organization. They were basing their decision to...
  • Commented on Emotional Darwin
    I think we tend to think that certain emotions are shown in generally one way, but it's cool to think about just how different certain gestures and their meanings are around the world! I think that a new awareness to...
  • Commented on Authoritarian-ative is ok right?
    I agree with the above comment that the type of atmosphere the parent provides for the child is important to take into consideration. I don't think that uninvolved parenting is good for any child because children need stability and being...
  • Commented on Aggression in Children
    I agree with you that people look for something to blame (the media) when a person commits a violent crime. I also agree that violent video games aren't enough to turn a child violent. I do think that playing too...
  • Posted Contact Comfort...Inspires Animal Torture? to Wednesday Wanderings
    Harry Harlow began his studies of rhesus monkeys in 1930. He was inspired by watching the monkeys become attached to terry-cloths and throw tantrums if they were taken away. Harlow sought to find out why baby monkeys became so attached...
  • Commented on Does Alzheimer's Disease affect you?
    My grandparents both have dementia, so I know what it's like to be talking with a loved one when they can't remember remember certain things you are trying to talk to them about. The last time I saw my grandpa,...
  • Commented on Bilingual Kids
    As a child, I grew up speaking both English and Spanish. I am completely in favor of children having a bilingual education. Learning two languages at one time does not hinder a child's language development, but helps them immensely in...
  • Commented on The Asperger's Controversy
    I think that this topic would be very controversial for people who have Asperger's Syndrome themselves. Since 1994, they have considered themselves to be separate from people with High Functioning Autism. In 2013, they will be told that they have...
  • Commented on Behaviorism and Baby Albert
    Poor Little Albert! The video you included in your blog post made it clear why the experiment is considered unethical today. To actually see how Little Albert reacted when he was scared of the animals was sadder than just reading...
  • Commented on Super Human Senses
    Some people get annoyed that their dog hears and smells better than they do. The owner and their dog go for a walk and the dog wants to stop and observe/smell/listen to everything! It's good to keep in mind that...
  • Commented on TeenBuzz: What's the buzz about?
    I haven't heard TeenBuzz since high school! I never got the ringtone for myself, but I remember hearing some of my classmates' phones go off during school and it really was an awful sounding ringtone! I think it's interesting that...
  • Commented on Pitt-bulls will certainly kill you! ..... Or will they?
    I agree with you that with any dog, if they are trained to be aggressive, they will be aggressive. The dog's owner plays a huge role in the dog's upbringing and behavior. Pit-bulls may have a bad reputation, but that...
  • Commented on Yoga, the invisible killer?
    Your blog about yoga caught my eye right away! I think that yoga is an art and that it's a relaxing way to exercise that is also very difficult and requires a lot of strength. Just like you argued, yoga...
  • Posted Is Free Will an Illusion? to Wednesday Wanderings
    Imagine a study that asks you to put a curse on your fellow participant by sticking pins into a doll. Your now cursed partner is annoying you, so you stick pins into the doll. You may think that your partner...
  • Posted Ch 15: Psychological Disorders to Wednesday Wanderings
    Chapter 15 presents the history of treating mental illnesses, the different conceptions of mental illnesses, and how people with mental illnesses are affected by their conditions and treated by society. Defining mental illness is difficult because some mental illnesses are...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from serr0098

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page