stin0140

• Commented on final blog---Oedipus complex
    I found this theory very interesting as well. Maybe kind of extreme considering I don't really think any of us really wanted to kill our opposite-sexed parent, but who can really remember back then....
  • Commented on People and Personalities!
    I also thought it was intriguing to learn about how people find others attractive. Especially since we find average-ness the most attractive but most people feel they need to have exotic looks to be attractive and that normal is an...
  • Commented on Shaping
    Shaping is very interesting to see in animals. I wonder how complicated a trick you could teach through shaping or if some things would be too much for an animal to learn even through little steps....
  • Commented on Social Psychology NO REGRETZ
    I found social psychology interesting too. Especially how it differs from culture to culture. For example, China is a collectivist culture in which conformity is valued whereas in America, an individualistic culture conformity is bad....
  • Commented on Drugs are Bad
    What do you mean substitute drugs? You mean people who are addicted to a really strong drug like cocaine or something will ease off that by taking marijuana?...
  • Commented on Personalities Matter
    I also found personality very interesting! You could easily tell which groups were which when you watched each one present where they were taking their trips. I had no idea personality could effect school-work so much!...
  • Commented on Final Blog: Babies
    I also found how scientists test babies understanding interesting. I didn't even know it was possible until this class! Learning about babies also explained to me why babies find so many hide-the-blank games fun- never thought that anyone couldn't understand...
  • Commented on Conditioned Responses
    The example of Pavolv's dogs will also stick in my brain for a long time. I found it very interesting how we can learn to be afraid of things obviously harmless just through conditioning. This shows that the brain is...
  • Commented on Final Blog: Evolutionary Theory
    I agree! It is very interesting to see how evolutionary habits have affected everything, even what we find attractive. For example, women find men with hair more attractive as opposed to bald men because this demonstrates a healthy person with...
  • Commented on Persuasion Techniques of the Obama Campaign
    This is a very interesting post! It is cool to see the concepts we learned about in class in things like the election and Facebook that are relevant in our everyday lives....
  • Commented on Final Blog: The Big FIve
    I agree. At first I found the 5 traits kind of random but then I thought about it and found that those do make up the whole personality....
  • Commented on Memorable Memory
    I also found memory very interesting! Flashbulb memories were cool to learn about because I have experienced them, and up until class, believed I could recall every detail from a specific event, but clearly I am most likely very wrong!...
  • Commented on Sigmund Freud's Theory of Psychosexual Development
    I also found this concept interesting...mostly because it was just really strange to think about a baby having sexual gratification. I can see why this theory was greatly rejected in the psychology world....
  • Commented on What I Will Remember From Psych 1001: When Sweet Children Become Conniving Monsters
    I agree! I never realized the different stages they went through to begin thinking like an adult. This video is hilarious! I've seen it once before....
  • Commented on Not everything is what it seems.
    Good point! I think being able to identify the difference between causation and correlation is very important for everyone to have in today's society....
  • Posted The Effects of Divorce on Children to Wednesday Wanderings
    The statistic of one in two marriages ending in divorce today has brought the subject of how divorce affects children into the eye of popular psychology. Many say that children with divorced parents are prone to long-term emotional damage and...
  • Posted Personality to Wednesday Wanderings
    I found the concepts in Chapter 14, Personality, the most intriguing. Among these concepts were how people express anxiety and use defense mechanisms (repression, denial, regression, reaction-formation, projection, displacement, rationalization, intellectualization, identification with the aggressor, and sublimation), Freud's idea of...
  • Commented on The Studious Life of a Polyglot
    It is amazing how much time and effort polyglots put into learning new languages. Although, it would make more sense to me to learn and master one language at a time, instead of several at once, that way the polyglot...
  • Commented on How Does This Ad Work? The Rick Perry Edition
    I agree with the comment above. Being a liberal, I find this ad way too extreme, using the term "war on religion" to be serious. Although, I don't know how joking in an ad would help Rick Perry. I guess...
  • Commented on The Asperger's Controversy
    First off, I'm somewhat offended that someone would think "the label of autism is a bit cruel". Autism is a diagnosis, not an insult. However, the frequently used "retarded" by ignorant people is flat out rude. Anyways, getting back on...
  • Commented on Homosexuality: Nature vs. Nurture
    I found this entry very fascinating! I knew of the debate about whether homosexuality is chosen or if that's the way people are born but I had no clue about the debate of nature and nurture. This also supports my...
  • Commented on Autism
    By no means to I blame vaccines solely for giving my brother autism. Something I believe to be far more likely is that my brother possesses a set of genes that were affected by our increasingly polluted environment somehow and...
  • Posted Autism to Wednesday Wanderings
    Although briefly talked about in the text, Autism is an increasing problem in America. One in every one-hundred and ten kids are diagnosed with it. But there continues to be an enormous debate on the causes of it. Some believe...
  • Posted Chapter 6: Learning to Wednesday Wanderings
    Chapter 6 explains the process of learning (which is defined in the book as: "change in an organism's behavior or thought as a result of experience") and the different approaches one use's to make learning easier. One of the methods...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from stin0140

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page