walla421

• Posted Final Entry: Memory to Wednesday Wanderings
    One concept that I think I will remember 5 years from now is what we learned about memory. I found it very interesting that over time if you tell yourself something happened one way your memory will be that that...
  • Commented on Emotions and Bombs
    I also had never heard about this case before either. Although I do think they should still face consequences for what they have done no matter how long ago it was. But also if in that time they were a...
  • Commented on Children and objects
    I never really noticed any of this until taking this course either. It is interesting that now you realize that they really think you are hiding and it makes a lot more sense now why that is so amusing to...
  • Commented on Persuasion Techniques of the Obama Campaign
    I find this post very interesting because it really is a good persuasive technique. If what the candidate does makes you laugh, it will stick out in your mind and that is the guy/girl you will remember when voting....
  • Commented on Final Blog!
    It really is interesting how our mind works and how memory is stored. I never knew how complicated it really was until I took this class....
  • Commented on The Paris Syndrome
    I think this post is very interesting. I personally have never heard of the Paris Syndrome but it makes sense that it would come to a shock to people from such a respectful culture to experience such rudeness....
  • Commented on Pinocchio Response
    Although I do wish that we would be able to detect lies with 100% accuracy at some point I do agree with kinc0027 in the fact that there will always be people that can fool the system and that there...
  • Commented on The Bystander Effect
    I find this article very interesting because I find it to be true in most cases. When people see a certain situation and there are a lot of other people there they just feel that someone else will help out....
  • Commented on Which Sibling is the Best?
    I am also the youngest of two siblings and I do agree with the statement of getting better grades because I have always gotten better grades than my brother. Although he is only my half brother so it may not...
  • Commented on Authoritarian-ative is ok right?
    I also agree that authoritative parenting is the most effective. It is good to have a good set of rules but you shouldn't be too strict otherwise the parents will be resented. This allows children to make their own choices...
  • Commented on Aggression in Children
    I agree that it is only used as an excuse for the violent behavior. I personally do not think that watching violent shows has any effect on their aggression. I personally watched Power Rangers and other violent shows and I...
  • Commented on Similarities > Differences
    I also think that similarities are a bigger part of marriage than differences. I think similarities are much more important for a successful relationship but I do think there should be some differences....
  • Commented on the thing about gay marriage is...
    I agree that it shouldn't matter if it is the same sex or not. If two people love each other they should have the right to be together for the rest of their lives with no problem. Everyone deserves to...
  • Commented on Lying
    I find it very interesting that the Polygraph is so unreliable. Being that it is always thought to be the best lie detecting device, but it turns out there is really no good way to tell if someone is lying...
  • Commented on Body Image
    I also agree with the point about going on a diet and doing it the right way. Many people that do go on diets do it the totally wrong way and that hurts you more than it does help you....
  • Posted Pinocchio Response to Wednesday Wanderings
    Do you ever wonder how to tell if a person is lying and how other people say they know someone is lying? In today's society there are many ways to try to detect if people are lying but there is...
  • Commented on Polly Want A Cracker?
    This is a very interesting post. Even though they are just mimicking sounds I still find it very interesting that they can even do that. I never realized that all they were really doing was mimicking sounds. I wonder if...
  • Commented on Being tricked by your own brain!?
    I can totally relate to this. There are many times when recalling stories with friends when everyone's story is a little different because of their memory. And when told it a different way sometimes that is how I begin to...
  • Commented on Remote Controls- Can You Push the Right Button?
    I have never really thought about the size of the buttons on a remote to be so important. After reading this I realize that I do this. Having the bigger buttons make it easier and the bigger buttons on the...
  • Commented on Sneaky Ring Tones
    I have never heard of this ringtone before. I find it very interesting that there are sounds that after a certain age you can't hear anymore and also that many animals have certain senses that are much better than those...
  • Posted Super Human Senses to Wednesday Wanderings
    Did you know that dogs have much better hearing and smelling senses than humans do? Dogs have much better hearing than humans do but it is only their second most developed sense that they have behind their hearing ability. There...
  • Commented on Yoga, the invisible killer?
    I also agree that this is an interesting blog to read. Yoga is almost always thought as something that is very good for your body. But if you don't do it the right way, just like everything else, it can...
  • Commented on CAFFEINE!!! Is it good of bad for you?
    This is a very interesting blog to read. Until I read this article I never would have guessed all those positive things that happen from drinking caffeine, I always just thought of it as something that woke you up and...
  • Posted Chapter 16: Psychological and Biological Treatments to Wednesday Wanderings
    This chapter is all about Psychological treatments. It explains what psychotherapy is and who seeks and benefits from treatment. I found that the section about, "Is Psychotherapy Effective?" to be the most interesting. It shows how different people respond...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from walla421

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page