wille360

• Posted The BRAIN! to Wednesday Wanderings
    I think one of the most useful topics we discussed in this psychology class was the areas of the brain, and their functions. The brain is so complex, and the book was able to label the brain into an easy...
  • Commented on Final Blog!
    This is something that I will remember as well. It's amazing how our memory works and how vast our memory is able to be. I have often tried many tricks such as matching words up with other words to be...
  • Commented on Behaviorism and Baby Albert
    I agree that reading about Little Albert was an interesting part of the book because it's amazing to see that at such a small child, they can be frightened and scared for the rest of their life, even though they...
  • Commented on Chapter 8
    I also found this experiment very interest and astonishing that at 17 months children we able to understand words and comprehend the order of the instructions. It's so interesting that this is true, because I always look at kids and...
  • Commented on Do you agree with Freud Sigmund?
    I think its very accurate of what Freud came up with considering the Id, superego, and ego. It's very interesting to consider that there is a deep rooting meaning to all of our actions. I would consider the superego to...
  • Commented on the thing about gay marriage is...
    This topic in recent media has become huge, and I think it has a right to do so. I'm not sure yet what to believe, because at some points I think that gay marriage is wrong coming from christianity, but...
  • Commented on Body Image
    I often look at the victorias secret models and I came upon this diet on my own and thought it to be very unhealthy. I feel a lot of young women and older women don't have the right amount of...
  • Commented on Causes of Bystander Nonintervention
    Yeah, I also agree that our world could be better off considering bullies and such if someone were to step in. I feel as though some people don't step in to prevent bullying is because they want to be seen...
  • Commented on Which Sibling is the Best?
    This is an interesting study. I was examining my family by reading this, and I came to the conclusion that it's hard to measure who is smarter between me and my brother, because we are smart in different ways. I...
  • Commented on What's With This IAT Test?
    Hi all! I tried the weight one, and my results said that I had no preference of skinny people over fat people...I am interested on how they measure such a thing....
  • Posted Causes of Bystander Nonintervention to Wednesday Wanderings
    While reading the tragic stories of bystander nonintervention, I was appalled on how the bystanders were watching these horrible events, and not doing anything about it. But after reading paragraphs on how safety in numbers is just a hoax, I...
  • Commented on Morality? I don't need no stinkin' morality!
    kinc0027 you are right about the stealing for your family in a time of need, I hadn't thought about that. I feel as though it is still looked down upon in most situations even for starving children. Maybe we can...
  • Commented on Will you survive the next time?
    It is interesting how we are trapped into our mindset of thinking about one use for an object. As I went through this exercise as well, I was very set about my beliefs and thought they were accurate. It wasn't...
  • Commented on Imprinting Isn't Just For the Werewolves...
    I was so surprised that was actually a real life thing. It is a very interest concept that as a gosling emerges from its egg that it can imprint. It's interest that at such a young age (just hatched) a...
  • Commented on Polygraph Tests- Can we trust them?
    From my point of view, if I were innocent in a crime committed by someone else, and was put up to this lie detector test, I would sweat and feel anxiety just because it's a stressful situation. Someone is getting...
  • Commented on Girls are Bad at Math. How Studies with this Conclusion May be Methodologically Flawed.
    I am a female and am in love with math, and I have been since I can remember. I feel you have to like math in order to be good at it. It has to spark your interest and seem...
  • Commented on Similarities > Differences
    I agree with all of you that people have to have similarities in moral and ethical codes, but it would be nice to marry someone that is a little different from you regarding hobbies. Although, I'm sure many married people...
  • Commented on What influences our IQ
    I agree with Arthur Jensen, because when kids grow up in a bad part of town their focus is not on school but focused more on threats, such as trying to stay alive (very extreme). Their focus is also put...
  • Commented on Being tricked by your own brain!?
    I think this sort of thing is very interesting. I have had many examples of recalling memories as a child, but when talking to my parents they are very different. Maybe we are both wrong though, or maybe one person...
    I agree with perre066 that moral is subjective, but morality has boundaries. It's not acceptable for murdering, rape and such. What kind of people would think that would be okay?...
  • Commented on Polly Want A Cracker?
    WOW! After watching the video I was amazed by how talented Einstein was. What incredible sound coming out of such a bird. His sound effects were absolutely amazing, and so accurate. What kind of training do you think goes into...
  • Commented on Training Animals
    I think it is amazing the patience that those animal trainers have. It would be hard for some one like me to see many failed attempts at something like this. How much work do you think animal trainers put into...
  • Posted Seems like Two Different Trips to Disney Land to Differences in Memory
    I am very interested in the differences between actual events and memories concerning trips to Disney World. I thought it would be cool to relate my experience at Disney Land and my moms experience at Disney Land. While thinking back...
  • Posted Chapter 15: Pyschological Disorders to Wednesday Wanderings
    Chapter 15 begins by presenting the idea that term mental illness is hard to define. Mental illness is hard to define because there is no clear definition, instead psychologists and psychiatrists have developed criteria to explain what mental illness is....
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from wille360

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page