zind0018

• Commented on Persuasion Techniques of the Obama Campaign
    I really like how you brought Facebook into this post. It gets such a negative reputation, but it is a great influence in many different societal issues. I also never thought about how giving your email is the foot-in-the-door technique....
  • Commented on Causes of Bystander Nonintervention
    Like the first comment said, the bystander effect is extremely scary. I would hope that I would help people in a dangerous situation, but seeing everyone else not helping would probably make me go along with the crowd. More people...
  • Commented on Birth Order
    This is similar to the blog I did, but it is interesting how you how talked about the parents' work ethic. I did not even think about how more than just how the parents treat their children could affect them....
  • Posted Final Blog: Evolutionary Theory to Wednesday Wanderings
    Over the course of the semester, we have been able to learn about all kinds of different studies, disorders, and people. I believe five years from now that I will most remember the lecture on evolutionary psychology. I am...
  • Commented on Similarities > Differences
    Having been forced to watch Yes to the Dress! with my sisters and mother, I know just a little too much about it. It is always interesting to think about how couples meet and how they stay together. Even though...
  • Commented on What influences our IQ
    It is difficult to know whether it is the nutrition or the socioeconomic status that cause the differences in IQ. It is interesting that the IQ's of the children in Georgia continued to go down. I would have thought that...
  • Commented on Do you agree with Freud Sigmund?
    Freud is extremely important to psychology, so I am glad that you wrote a blog about him. I think that the id, ego, and superego are extremely interesting. Like the previous comment said, I believe that Freud did overemphasize sex,...
  • Commented on The Bystander Effect
    It is hard to know how I would respond to a situation like this. I would hope that I would call for help, but if I am like most people, then I wouldn't. As more people become aware of the...
  • Commented on What's With This IAT Test?
    This test seems extremely interesting. Does it give any reasons as to why you would like younger faces or does it only tell you that you do? In the future, hopefully they can find out if it really just our...
  • Posted Which Sibling is the Best? to Wednesday Wanderings
    Those of us who have siblings tend to have mostly friendly rivalries with them. Some, if not most, of us probably believe that we are more intelligent than all of our siblings; however, some research shows that the oldest...
  • Commented on Body Image
    The issue of body image seems to be in the new quite often. I agree that eating disorders are probably partly due to the lack of education. Many schools have health classes that discuss these issues, but I think that...
  • Commented on Trait Troubles
    I believe that using the sets of scores for conscientiousness, etc. is a good way for us to see how we rank among other people. It could help us change the way we act because I don't think maybe people...
  • Commented on Lying
    I also found that people can only detect lies 55% of the time. I thought that it would be somewhere around 75% instead. From the reading and the blogs, it seems that we need to fine another way to determine...
  • Commented on The Art of Intimate Relationships
    It seems like it is a common theme in psychology to have things based off of sexual appetite or frustration. I found it interesting that we can make the same connection with multiple people. I guess that this could be...
  • Commented on The Paris Syndrome
    This is a very interesting post. I understand how it could be a shock and could somewhat ruin your vacation if the people are rude, but the fact that there is a hotline seems like a little bit too much....
  • Commented on Polygraph Tests- Can we trust them?
    I too agree that our justice system should find a different way to determine who is lying. Before reading more about polygraph tests, I didn't realize how many false positives they produce. It would be interesting to know how many...
  • Commented on Pinocchio Response
    This post reminds me of Maury and some dating shows where they use lie detector tests to see if someone is lying. I never knew that the polygraph test worked against the innocent, which makes me feel a bit worse...
  • Commented on The Studious Life of a Polyglot
    It is interesting to learn that not all people can become polyglots. Comparing it to music was a great way to make people understand. The fact that they spend so much time everyday makes me wonder if any of them...
  • Commented on Alzheimers
    This is a great post because Alzheimer's affects so many people. I've never taken the time to learn how Alzheimer's works, so it was interesting to see that it attacks the nerve cells. I also found it interesting that by...
  • Posted Polly Want A Cracker? to Wednesday Wanderings
    Many of us have probably heard a parrot say, "Polly Want a Cracker?" on television or in a movie. Parrots are able to produce sounds resembling human speech, barking dogs and even vacuum cleaners. African grey parrots are even able...
  • Commented on Clickers
    I also agree with the first comment. With our extremely complex minds, we should be able to find some other way to be "trained" for certain activities. Do you know of any specific examples in math and science?...
  • Commented on Training Animals
    It is great that you used the example of the orcas at SeaWorld because most people are familiar with it. Training exotic animals can also be a problem. They can revert back to their instincts and cause harm to their...
  • Commented on Behaviorism and Baby Albert
    Reading about Little Albert was one of the more interesting parts of the book. This experiment would probably not be able to be performed today because it would be considered unethical. Without Little Albert, we would have a lot less...
  • Commented on Sneaky Ring Tones
    It is always interesting to learn how much worse our hearing is than other animals. Did you ever come across the difference in the range of hearing for deer and humans? Also, did it ever say what the actual frequency...
  • Commented on TeenBuzz: What's the buzz about?
    The video was interesting to hear the different pitches that we are suppose to hear since a majority of us are below those ages. I guess I should go to an audiologist because I couldn't hear the last one. Do...
  • Commented on CAFFEINE!!! Is it good of bad for you?
    During first semester, my freshman seminar dealt with antioxidants and where to get them. In the case of coffee, I do not think that it would be worth it to drink it just for the antioxidants and positive health effects....
  • Commented on Autism
    Do you know of any specific studies that have shown that vaccines are the only reason for some people's autism? I know that this is a sensitive subject for those affected by autism, but I find it difficult to believe...
  • Commented on Homosexuality: Nature vs. Nurture
    It was interesting to see that heterosexual males have a larger hypothalamus. I was wondering if there is another part in the brain that is larger in homosexual males to make up for the smaller hypothalamus. The part about the...
  • Posted Chapter One: Psychology and Scientific Thinking to Wednesday Wanderings
    Chapter one gives a brief overview of psychology as a science and how it has come about to be such an important aspect of our lives today. The first section of the chapter focuses on how psychology is a science....
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from zind0018

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page