kochx212

• Commented on Budweiser Advertisement Analysis
    If you ever watch the commercial during the Superbowl (only part of the Superbowl I actually watch) you'll see that 1/3 of these adds are for beer, while the other 2/3 are for other masculine related items like chips and...
  • Commented on I'll Just Sleep During Class, NBD.
    Haha, reading the section on sleep was definitely the hardest part of this class, as I always wanted to fall asleep while reading it! But I admire that you recognize there are people out there who suffer from different disorders...
  • Commented on Method of Loci- Final Blog
    If you're worried about public speaking and giving speeches, you might also want to look over the part of the book that copes with stress. But all joking aside, remembering these little tricks to help you remember other things, like...
  • Commented on What I will remember
    Knowing how to cope with stress before a big exam, while trying to pay off debts, while working for that promotion at work; knowing how to cope with stress is an immensely beneficial ability. If you apply what we learned...
  • Commented on COG Make-up DS: Sexsomnia
    That is an impressive topic, really makes you wonder. I'm not sure how to answer if it is real or not. Some people would think that doing such a thing would wake you up, or there would be no way...
  • Commented on What I will remember not to forget
    One interesting thing about virtually any topic in school, is it is applicable to many other topics. Just like you were able to apply this psychology to different literary methods, you can also match up social psychology with history, or...
  • Commented on Responsibility diffusion on metro transit
    I completely understand where you're coming from. While I'm not a disabled veteran, I have also taken that tedious 2 hour trip from Champlin to campus. Regardless of how long I will be on the bus, anytime I see somebody...
  • Commented on You just can't be as smart as your sisters and brothers
    I think I agree with your idea that it wasn't birth order exactly they were testing, but the interaction they had with their siblings. Some would beg to say these were the same things, but this is an obvious nature...
  • Commented on Facial Expressions and Emotions
    These microexpressions have been referenced in shows such as "Lie to Me" where they examine a person's face to determine the truth behind the lies, so to speak. However, it is somewhat shocking to see how many people don't pick...
  • Commented on When I count to ten, you will bark like a dog
    When regarding this topic, I'm one of those who thinks more along the lines of the sociocognitive theory. While I definitely don't believe in stage hypnotism and think it's just "power of suggesting" and more than "willingness to participate" I...
  • Commented on otnemeM
    This is very interesting. Though, when you mentioned that this isn't an accurate portrayal of anterograde amnesia because of the man Clive, I wonder if that's a fair statement. Isn't the reason we study Clive is because he is such...
  • Commented on A World of Grays
    I agree with you. Nothing in this world is black or white, everything is a different shade of gray. It really makes one wonder if it is ever possible to perfectly map out the human psyche? Or how to genetically...
  • Commented on Wait...how did it happen again?
    I do believe memories can be made up. There are several memories that I share with my sisters, but these memories are so "1st person" and it was not possible for us to be standing next to each other to...
  • Commented on Marcus de Sautoy - human guinea pig
    That is really interesting! I've always wondered that myself, but I wonder. Did they only do the tests while imagining playing tennis? Perhaps he might have had different results if he had to take some sort of test while this...
  • Commented on Erasing Memories: Is it possible?
    Anything involving ethics is a tricky subject. Is it right or wrong to do something? In any case, I understand that there are difficult things in a person's life that they might not want to remember, but for every single...
  • Commented on Dev Mozart Effect
    I wonder if there is any truth to this effect or if it's entirely environmental...does the music put a person in a mindset to behave more intellectually and therefore do better intellectually? For example, whenever I dress up and interact...
  • Commented on Blog 1- chaper 13
    While I think competition between siblings, and even twins, is very common, I wonder how much is too much? Some would argue that some competition is healthy for an individual. Due to this competition, they have both achieved much out...
  • Commented on First Blog: Chapter 10, Group B
    I personally believe that in nearly every situation, it is a combination of nature and nurture. However, the book does mention that with schizophrenia, it does have to do with environmental influences. No matter how similar identical twins, or in...
  • Commented on Blog one Chapter one: Science, why you dont think you have an accent, and upside down Barack Obama.
    I was skeptical my accent was very noticeable, unlike that of a person from the South, Boston, or Canada, yet less than one minute of conversation between myself and some friends in a cafe in New York, an old man...
  • Commented on Chp. 5 Consciousness
    I wonder if I may have experienced a couple examples of lucid dreaming. It wasn't a conscious thought "I am dreaming" it was more just a general understanding that I was dreaming, but still treating it like a reality of...
  • Posted Mentalists - The Masters of Memory, Sensory, and Perception to Psy 1001 section 16 & 17 Spring 2012
    Much like the TV drama, The Mentalist, real life mentalists depend upon sensation and perception to draw conclusions from their environments, as well as different memory techniques to remember minute details at any given time. A mentalist is a person...
  • Posted Operant Conditioning to Make My Future Students Successful to Psy 1001 section 16 & 17 Spring 2012
    In five years from now, I plan to be teaching math in a classroom setting, preferably high school. While math was my favorite subject in high school, I know most other people hated math due to various reasons such as...
  • Posted Pro-Anorexia as a Dieting Method to Psy 1001 section 16 & 17 Spring 2012
    When people hear the term "anorexia," they typically associate it with negative opinions and disgust. We all consider this a type of psychological disorder, and those affected by it to have a problem, but while researching different dieting fads, I...
  • Posted You can train a fish? to Psy 1001 section 16 & 17 Spring 2012
    As discussed in class, B.F. Skinner while working at the University of Minnesota discovered a concept called shaping. Shaping is a form of operant conditioning in which one reinforces behaviors that aren't target behavior but that are progressively closer versions...
  • Posted Blog 1 - Chapter 7 to Psy 1001 section 16 & 17 Spring 2012
    Chapter 7 is about memory. It discusses different types of memory: sensory, short-term, and long-term, and how we store memory. It explains how memory is more like melting wax than hardened metal, and a memory over time can change depending...
  • Posted Week One Blog to bashoGWSS1
    Hi! My name is Stephanie Koch, and I am attending the U of M for an Animal Science major with a pre-vet emphasis. I am good at math and science type courses, and also enjoy the performing arts. I am...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from kochx212