woodi024

• Posted My future and the role psychology plays in it to Psy 1001 section 16 & 17 Spring 2012
    After taking this psychology course, I have learned much about the filed of psychology that I would have never otherwise thought existed. I never knew how in depth psychology could get and how there is such a broad range of...
  • Commented on The Young Guns
    I find studies on birth order to be very intriguing. I think that you bring up a very valid point here and maybe instead of assuming that personality has to do with genetics and birth order, maybe there is just...
  • Commented on Dealing with anxiety-stricken parents
    I have a close friend who suffers from anxiety and like you said, sometimes you wonder why they are being so dramatic about certain situations, but in actuality, they cannot but react in the way they are reacting. After going...
  • Commented on I Need to Belong
    Personally, I need to be surrounded by others quite often, even though I do enjoy my alone time once in awhile. Coming to college, I was not expecting to be alone and simply focusing on my schoolwork, although my schoolwork...
  • Commented on Will Discrimination Ever End?
    I think that equality among different races and religions is a very important issue that can always be addressed and worked on. Although a child is born into a family of a certain race or religion that is out of...
  • Commented on Personality tests galore
    I took a similar REP study that also reminded me of the one you explained here. I had to say if I would let my partner pick or let myself pick an amount of money we could win based off...
  • Posted When do we actually become aware of our conscious? to Psy 1001 section 16 & 17 Spring 2012
    After watching the BBC Horizon "The Secret You" I really began to think about our mind and body, and how every person has her or her own conscious. Mark de Sautoy sits in on a study testing whether or not...
  • Posted Birth Order to Psy 1001 section 16 & 17 Spring 2012
    Many psychologists find the study of birth order in families to be extremely interesting, and therefore continue to do case studies on the topic. Over the years, it has been hard for psychologists to find consistent evidence proving that birth...
  • Commented on A Motherly Touch
    After my oldest sister had her first baby, I was quickly able to see first hand how the "mothers touch" and "contact comfort" really do have an effect on the relationship between a mom and her child. Being around my...
  • Commented on "Oh, my, God. Becky, look at her butt."
    I would have to say that that both the media, and the people around us are the ones who have the most influence on those who have eating disorders. The media plays a huge role in portraying one's body as...
  • Commented on Famous IQ's
    I agree that it is rather interesting when you compare famous people's IQ scores. I am very interested in figuring out what my IQ score would be so that I could compare it with people who are so highly looked...
  • Commented on Kohlberg's Moral Dilemmas--Breaking Bad
    I think this is a very interesting point as well. Even though Walt is dealing with drugs in order to secure his family financially, which could be justifiable, I still do not believe that in the long run it is...
  • Commented on Parenting: What's right and wrong
    I agree that most parents probably don't strictly follow one of these 3 parenting styles. I believe that the way in which parents choose to discipline their children depends on how they were brought up as a child, maybe where...
  • Commented on Homework v. Social and problem solving
    I think that every person has a different way of of dealing with time management and distributing time between homework, friends, family, work and so on. Although many people in college get caught up in the overwhelming amount of school...
  • Commented on Blog #1- Chapter 11
    I think that body language and behavior is a key factor when meeting someone, watching someone, or interacting with someone. There have been many instances in which I have been engaged in a conversation with someone and based on their...
  • Commented on Wait...how did it happen again?
    I have had a similar experience of a false memory that happened to me as a child. When I was in 1st grade, I was sleeping in my bed and I fell off in the middle of the night and...
  • Commented on Erasing Memories: Is it possible?
    This is a question many people ask themselves, if they could erase bad memories from their past, would they? I believe that even though everyone suffers from traumatic experiences at some point in their life, without these memories, we would...
  • Posted When do we actually become aware of our conscious? to When do we actually become conscious of ourselves?
  • Commented on TURN THAT OFF!
    I have never heard of this "Teen Buzz" but it is a very interesting concept. It makes sense now that we know that with age, ability to hear high pitch noise decreases. I have noticed that my parents have a...
  • Commented on Is It Really Your Decision?
    I definitely agree that in the case of crime making decisions, we as humans always have control of our decision to act and are conscious when doing so. Although our brain may unconsciously know what decision we will make before...
  • Commented on Sidewalk Illusions
    I have always loved looking at these depth perceptions through side walk art. When seeing them in real life, it is rather interesting to analyze. Something you cannot see in this picture but you can see in real life is...
  • Commented on Hey nice bracelet. Can you really jump higher?
    My brother-in-law is a basketball player and he, as well as all of his teammates all wear these balance bracelets. I have personally never thought that they work, however, he and all of the basketball players think otherwise. I think...
  • Commented on Gender Neutral - Sasha Laxton Defies Stereotypes
    I think this is a very different way to raise a child. Although the parents raise their child this way so that he is free of gender stereotypes, I think it might be rather confusing to a small child. It...
  • Posted Blog Entry 1: Chapter 12 to Psy 1001 section 16 & 17 Spring 2012
    Chapter 12 "Stress, Coping, and Health-the mind-body connection" strongly focuses on the different ways in which individuals deal with stress. The chapter stresses the importance of peoples everyday decisions and actions, and how these decisions can and will affect one's...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from woodi024